Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2009 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

Jade**

Victoria's Secret just named five new Angels. They are Emanuela de Paula, Lindsay Ellingson, Candice Swanepoel, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Chanel Iman. Current Angels include Heidi Klum, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio, Miranda Kerr, Marisa Miller, and Doutzen Kroes. Adriana and Heidi are having babies, so the company needed some backup perfect people who had the requisite experience wearing underwear and the ability to walk a straight line with floor-to-ceiling feathered contraptions chained to their backs. Also, Heidi is only hosting the show instead of walking the runway this year, because one month is not enough time for her to get perfect again, post-delivery. The Victoria's Secret fashion show tapes in New York on November 19. A "real person" chosen from a countrywide model search should join the new and old Angels in their conquest of the world's most glittery runway.

Victoria's Secret Announces Newest Angels, Including Chanel Iman [Fashionologie]

Heidi Klum Won't Strut, Will Host Victoria's Secret [E!]

Related: Video: Victoria’s Secret Casting Call

source: the cut five models just got a lot more famous

Very true. Contracts get cancelled or mutally disbanded all the time. When Tyra decided to retire, I don't think VS was all - "Um, no bitch. You have a contract. Put on the panties and suck it up."

I posted something about a "Perfect 10" scenario. Remember when Gisele left there was talk of "five hotter, younger models?" Could this new line-up finally be the culmination of something that's been in the works for the last couple of years? They were just waiting for what they felt was the right mix of girls? 11 angels are a lot, but you're right, mbinebri. VS could want to move in that direction. I'm just going to wait and see at this point. I'm not so worried for the ones I thought I was for anymore. Looking forward to seeing Miranda in the show this year because she's definitely on a roll right now. Give her some wings and let her open!

True, but VS is very very tight with their contracts and if the models want to continue it's different. The Veterans in this current group wish to continue and for Adriana at least has confirmed her contract in a video from an interview last year, and we already know about the beauty one. Alessandra obviously wants to continue, or she would have stopped after Anja. Also about Tyra, they didn't really have to say that because the classic VS contract is 3 years and the only 5 year contracts which have been given out are to the 3 top Brazilians and that's really been it. Marisa IMO could be the next one to get one of those, if her fame continues to rise. Tyra signed on as an "Angel" in 1998 she probably resigned a couple times and opted out on her 3rd time. As a fan of hers I honestly wish she'd leave in like 3 more years and go on to do better things, but the company loves her, she loves them and she really isn't going anywhere. Even though their contracts are for longer, in 4 years or so I believe the girls will be like Heidi where they are used more for their names and special projects and the newer angels will start to rise up as well. Right now VS needs to keep Adriana, Alessandra and Marisa around for exposure and their names. They are the public's favorites by far, and they get people to tune in specifically for them. Hence why the three lead the polls on VS's facebook and are always the favorites in the store. Adriana and Alessandra are the models besides Heidi who pull in the biggest crowds at the VS events as well, by far. So while some of us may be sick of these girls, in a business standpoint, it'd be horrible to loose them. If I had to pick the two angels that are most valuable to VS right now I'd pick Adriana and Marisa, and that's only if I exclude Heidi. Out of the new Angels I believe Candice will be the one that really hits it big, she's just got that oomph that VS looks for, and I think she'll be the one that stays with VS for years to come.

As for the perfect 10 I wouldn't be surprised at all, it actually does make a lot of sense.

As for events it will be interesting to see who they team up. I see Ale and Rosie teaming up a lot, and Adriana and Candice, and I see Lindsay being with Marisa quite often. So it will be interesting to say the least.

As for the perfect 10 I wouldn't be surprised at all, it actually does make a lot of sense.

As for events it will be interesting to see who they team up. I see Ale and Rosie teaming up a lot, and Adriana and Candice, and I see Lindsay being with Marisa quite often. So it will be interesting to say the least.

See thats why im not rushing to they are gonna fire Miranda or Doutzen etc cause the fact that it could possibly be like that. Perfect 10.

I can definately see the teaming up too. Especially if they have all ten girls too.

Miranda

Rosie

Doutzen

Alessandra

Emanuela

Marisa

Lindsay

Adriana

Chanel

Candice

Those are the teams that i could definately see. I think the Body girls are a great group. They all worked together great in that campaign. Miranda and Rosie seem like good friends. And have great chemistry and i can see Doutzen with them too. I also think that Chanel and Candice with Adriana is good becuase out of the group i think Chanel and Candice have the biggest chance at being the top girls. Lindsay and Marisa would work together because they seem so laid back, girl next door vibe to them

I don't know why vs love adri and ale so much, they are not pretty at all, and they can not talk, i can't understand a word they say, is hard to understand what they are trying to say, so they are bad spokemodel because they have to speak and they lack on that, to be spokemodel you need to able to talk, like doutzen and marisa is a good spokemodel because I could clearly understand them what they are saying. even if i'm not a fan of marisa face, i admit that she could speak, and have a nice body. I really Hate Adriana, she gets on my nerves, she has an annoying look and is annoying. I have never like her, and i'm never going to like her. She try to be too sexy, and been sexy is just natural like petra and josie are just sexy without trying they are just naturally sexy. I don't know why vs never hire petra or josie, they are awesome models they are beautiful and sexy, they are the whole package. and it bother me more knowing that adri and ale renew their contract with vs. are they serious? what are they thinking, hello your going to be old with children and still modeling vs. and people are going to get sick of tire of them just how people are with heidi all ready. is good time for them to retire and move on, or not they are going to be like heidi. Tyra and Gisele retire in the perfect time and they have move on. ale and adri all they do is only vs, they don't do that much of other stuff.

Why are we still talking about the Angels? Who f*cking cares? Like PC said sitting here and trying to figure out what VS is going to do with the angels is a waste of space on here. Unless offical news comes out there is no reason to talk about the Angels contract and when they might be leaving. No one knows when they are leaving or not leaving so drop it.

^ Again ... Agreed.

So ... new topic. Do you think those pics we saw at the VS suit (ie: balloon outfit, etc) were things to come for this show? Or were they passes up ideas from prior shows?

And if that's not a good enough topic ... how bout this. If it's back at Lexington Armory ... then does that mean ... longer runway again? :woot:

OK. "There's your topics ... talk amongst yourselves. i'm a little forklept." (Mike Myers as Linda Richmond on SNL Coffee Talk) :nicole:

^ Again ... Agreed.

So ... new topic. Do you think those pics we saw at the VS suit (ie: balloon outfit, etc) were things to come for this show? Or were they passes up ideas from prior shows?

And if that's not a good enough topic ... how bout this. If it's back at Lexington Armory ... then does that mean ... longer runway again? :woot:

OK. "There's your topics ... talk amongst yourselves. i'm a little forklept." (Mike Myers as Linda Richmond on SNL Coffee Talk) :nicole:

I think there will be a longer, traditional runway, but what does it matter when they'll hardly have time to show the girls walking down it? I'm sensing some really bad editing again. I don't know how they're going to pull this off and cut it down into an hour.

I think people can find angels unattractive, but to call Adriana or Ale not pretty at all...is really absurd. I'm not a fan of Miranda or Rosie at all, or even Ale for that matter but to call them unattractive or not pretty is just making myself look stupid. None of the angels are ugly by any means, if they were they wouldn't be some of the most wanted women in America/around the world. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but don't put down the obvious beauty of another model just because you aren't a fan. Like I said I don't see the big deal about Miranda or Rosie or some others but to say they are unattractive is absurd, if they were they wouldn't have gotten as far as they have.

But I agree, tired of beating a old dead horse. We know who the angels are by know so need to discuss it anymore.

If it is back at the Lexington Avenue, I'm sure we'll have the old runway setup, if we could have a combination of the 2003 and 2005 shows I'd be in heaven. It was all class in 2003 and a lot of fun in 2005 without being over the top. If we could have that again it'd be heavenly.

And Sav, not even an hour...45 minutes tops! It's going to be absurd.

Everyone keeps saying there doing model profiles for the show so maybe they are only going to do the main 4 angels as of now Ale, Miranda , Doutzen and Marisa and not do the newer angels profiles. Or the profiles could be shorter then they have been in the past. I'm still excited about the show because I have no idea what its going to turn out to be. I feel like VS is keeping alot of secrets from us so that could be a good thing or a really horrible thing.

Miranda and Rosie seem like good friends.

Well they did a Pharrell video together and had a joint birthday party in 2007 along with Jessica Hart who is now in the catalogues as well. I don't know if the two of them are as close now, but they appeared to be at one point.

I'm curious to see how the angels will be promoted at the show and during the marketing blitz for it. Will they just "introduce" the new ones and let the public get their first peek but rely on the four that they have been actively marketing? Selita and Izabel were "introduced" in 2005 but they didn't take on promotional roles until 2006. Or will they throw them out there when it's time to actively market the show - teaming one up with a longer tenured angel?

I want to see more jewel tones for the outfits. Last year they had mostly black and all the pastels to tie in with the supermodels obsessions line. I'm all about more wings, more variety, and less models.

Yeah last year's runway confused me a little bit. I hope it is a long runway and I know there will be bad editing. The company who did the editing the past two years is doing it again. On November 19th we will all be excitied sitting around our computers waiting for the pics to show. When they finally do we will all be like kids on Christmas morning. We will have hope the show will be amazing, but the December 1st will come along and our dreams will be shattered. It will be another celeb-fest. I feel bad for the girls it is suppose to be about them, not the celebs!

I love coming on here when the photos come out its very exciting and it can get frustrating waiting for your fav girls pictures to come out but it is fun. I'm still thinking positive that the edting crew will get it right this year and it will be a great show. Last year I knew the show was going to suck cuz I had more info about the show around this time but now I have no clue whats going on so I have no idea if it will be bad or not. Why isn't there news about more girls being confirmed for the show? VS needs to let some news leak out. Just alittle bit

Tori I actually agree about the bright colors. When I think Christmas I think bright, beautiful and frosts. Not blacks and whites. IMO if we could take the simplicity of the 2003 show, and the colors and hype of the 2005 show it would blend perfectly to create a Classy Christmas Special.

The VSFS does not have to be Christmasy. I don't want a Christmas theme at all. 2002 & 2003 didn't have that holiday feel and the shows were awesome. 2007 had that xmas segment and that was the worst segment I have ever seen. So no Christmas please because if its anything like 2007 then we are in trouble.

I mean you never know. They could suprise us this year. They say model profiles each year but last year there werent profiles just some backstage interviews here and there. I think if they cut bull crap segments like pick up lines and who is Victoria then they will be fine.

Six Runways at about 4 minutes each

Performance by BEP 5 ninutes

Search for Girl to Walk - 5 minutes

Model Profiles + Hosting + Backstage etc 15

I think it could work. I mean 2005 was a 44 minute show and there was plenty in there. I think if they just keep it simple. Focus on the angels, one performance and no lame segments they will be ok. I think that the focus will be the girls, BEP and the new girl from the contest.

As for the runway i hope it is long. The problem with last year is the runway got crowded at some points so it was hard to focus on models. 2006 editing was pretty decent. Seeing as how its the same crew if they can make it like that it should work fine. I just dont need to see a thousand different people in the crowd. Its pointless. People at home arent watching it to see who is in the crowd. They are watching a lingerie show.

As for those sketches i'm kind of hoping that Baloon outfit makes it in. Its an interesting concept. I think it could possibly be a show opener. Definately fits into a Circus Theme that we are all speculating.

The VSFS does not have to be Christmasy. I don't want a Christmas theme at all. 2002 & 2003 didn't have that holiday feel and the shows were awesome. 2007 had that xmas segment and that was the worst segment I have ever seen. So no Christmas please because if its anything like 2007 then we are in trouble.

Yeah i dont want another lame Christmas theme. It doesnt have to be about that. We've seen the whole winter theme each year. Move on and focus on something else. Arie i agree about how exciting it is when pictures are released here. Last year i went nuts when i saw Carmen. Thought i was never gonna see her in a VSFS again.

I like the element of suprise. Even though i want to see pictures and stuff i like not knowing. Makes the anticipation even better. Two weeks just feels so far.

I'm lucky living in Aus. When the show is filming and photos start coming online its like 2pm - 3pm in the afternoon. It was awesome last year. I especially remember me, dizzy, MissLima, Joe etc being on here going nuts lol. Definately be the same this time around. Its a Thursday in America the show. So its Friday for me here. Its lucky im not working that day...