Bellazon

Star Trek (2009)

TooBoku

This is my new favorite movie.

It was very n00b friendly while staying 99% true to the original Star Trek. They preserved the integrity of my childhood hero, James T Kirk, and I couldn't ask them to do anymore but they did. It was well beyond my expectations and it has returned the franchise back to it's roots. I hope it sparks a Star Trek revival.

Discuss...

Yes, the film was very n00b friendly. In fact, I took my 8-year-old cousin to go see it and now he's interested in watching through TOS with me. The only group of people I think that would be reluctant to say they like this film are TNG fans who have never seen TOS. TNG was like the younger sibling who was trying very hard to live up to the older brother's legacy and took himself way too seriously. Still a very good series in itself but it was very uptight compared to TOS.

As a fellow nOOb of S.T., I just luved this movies, spectacular special effects scenes, good story line, and from reading more about the older films, it does stick to its essence. Also a bit of a brain twister, but u have to find that out by watching S.T for urself...... 2 thumbs up here.

As a star trek fan I was impressed with this film. It went above and beyond my expectations, the casting was amazing. I do not have one complaint. By far the best movie I have seen in a long time. I hope to see a second as long as they keep the same cast!

Love love love!!

I think this movie will be the Dark Knight of '09... :blueeyedbaby:

There'll definitely be a sequel, too. The whole 'changing destiny' thing was so cleverly done and well written that in one fell swoop, they avoided that lack of suspense you get in most prequels and gave themselves license to do anything they like in the future.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

As a die hard fan of Star Trek, I had my reservations about making a new movie about the original characters, But

I got to admit, they did a great job bringing new viewers to the Trek Universe and creating a great story line that didn't

tread on anything from any of the old series and movies, and I enjoyed they introduced the characters to us.

All in All, great movie from story line to special effects.

I gave this a 3 star rating because although I thought the movie was awesome, the special features were horrible. The movie and story was great, and I enjoyed the pace and updated look and format in regards to the other Star Trek movies. I like the action, the story and of course the Enterprise for the first time since the Wrath of Khan this lady is not the oldest and most beloved ship in the Starfleet but is the newest, coolest and more powerfull ship.

I was pleasantly surprised, not least by the cast (except Spock boy, I forget his name). Sure enough it whizzes by and is all very entertaining but to be honest, I felt it should have been even shorter! I just didn't need to the birth at the beginning or any of that prologue. Start at the academy and commence action, I say.