Bellazon

Star Trek (2009)

TooBoku

Facially he looked the part, but there was something slightly off about the way he looked overall. Maybe it was the hair.

In general, I thought he did well and was very faithful to the original character (as he had to be, with Leonard also on set). But he did have something of a sinister edge to him as well. Having watched "Heroes" quite a bit in the past, I was half expecting him to try and cut Kirk's brain open during the fight scene. :|

He did a great job, but also made the character his own. Same with the one that played Kirk. he wa true to the character with out doing the over the top acting that Shatner was famous for. if they tried to paly them exactly like the originals did, than it would not have worked, in my opinion.

That' what I liked about the way they played their characters. They kept the essence of the originals but added small bits the make the character theirs.

One thing we all need to remember is this is set in a different reality that we are use to so even the originals would be slightly different.

true, set wise, the old was corny, but it worked, and we LOVED IT, because the cast of characters MADE the show what it was, with the new one, i think the cast has to work harder because the set is very visually stimulating, draws the eyes, to 'all the shining blinking lights" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: , but again a die hard trek fan will love it or hate it for what it is