Bellazon

new faces

marinalexi

As I said already - everybody has another taste.

One loves Allesandra Ambrosio and the other likes Ann Kenny.

I don't like commercials at all. And some of you don't like HF's at all

----

I disagree for Olga - she's from a little city in the Ukraine and it's probably normally that a young Ukraine girl, who is just on the beach, not wearing the most expensive beach clothes. She's not too young to start modeling. I like the fact, that big agencies are getting crazy for her. Seriously big names. So I'll make sure to keep an eye on her ...

----

If you're mad after commercials or just pretty models, you'll always dislike other faces, who aren't usual etc ......

I see it as a waste of time to talk more about this topic.

I think a thread that invokes a discussion merely with pictures is a good thing. What's the point of a thread if people just look at it and leave again? If you are posting about new and upcoming models -which you are doing a terrific job at btw- it is going to stir up a discussion.

I think the fuss here is this:

The common perception of a model is that she is beautiful. Or at least attractive to most people. When people tell you "you look like a model" it is perceived as a huge compliment because that means you're pretty.

With that in mind, some of these girls posted here (like the ones I mentioned) who are models are not considered to be pretty at all by the average person. But they are hired by agencies (several even, sometimes) and that means that they're getting work and that someone sees potential in them. So in that respect they are indeed the new faces of fashion.

I think some people here wonder why that is. I sure do. Because in order to sell something it has to appeal to the masses, right? But I guess that HF seems to have become a self indulgent world of it's own that doesn't really care about anything else. HF used to be more...approachable. Now it alienates a lot of people, including myself. Models are supposed to sell clothes. My question is: to whom? Because a pretty model in a coat will more easily persuade me to buy it than one of those alien girls. And I'm not just talking about commercial modeling, but fashion shows too.

Also, models are losing their monopoly in magazines and gigs on pretty movie stars and music artists. Supermodels like in the 80's & 90's are gone. I dropped a couple of names of what I consider to be well known models to several friends of mine and they drew up blank. But they do know Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford. Why are models losing gigs over celebrities? Isn't it because people like to see a well known pretty face rather than an asymmetric, unknown android like one?

I will leave it at this, and maybe I'm completely wrong in my musings (if you think so please add your thoughts!) but yeah, sometimes I really am surprised to see which models turn up.

All that said, you have put some interesting fresh faces out here and that's just great! So please youareprincess, I don't know if you do, but don't view this as a personal attack on you or your taste/preferences.

Sorry if I struck a nerve with some people, but I think some discussion is never a bad thing. Keeps things interesting.

Expresso: :thumbsup: If this is a discussion is normal for people to express their views. :yes: not only post pictures :whistle:

"General babe discussion" :cain:

And I think it is good to post here the new faces, just that I also think we can have an opinion about them. I personally am disappointed when I see some, which leads me to believe that pretty girls are at home, while the ugly are in modeling. But this is a matter of taste.

I think a thread that invokes a discussion merely with pictures is a good thing. What's the point of a thread if people just look at it and leave again? If you are posting about new and upcoming models -which you are doing a terrific job at btw- it is going to stir up a discussion.

I think the fuss here is this:

The common perception of a model is that she is beautiful. Or at least attractive to most people. When people tell you "you look like a model" it is perceived as a huge compliment because that means you're pretty.

With that in mind, some of these girls posted here (like the ones I mentioned) who are models are not considered to be pretty at all by the average person. But they are hired by agencies (several even, sometimes) and that means that they're getting work and that someone sees potential in them. So in that respect they are indeed the new faces of fashion.

I think some people here wonder why that is. I sure do. Because in order to sell something it has to appeal to the masses, right? But I guess that HF seems to have become a self indulgent world of it's own that doesn't really care about anything else. HF used to be more...approachable. Now it alienates a lot of people, including myself. Models are supposed to sell clothes. My question is: to whom? Because a pretty model in a coat will more easily persuade me to buy it than one of those alien girls. And I'm not just talking about commercial modeling, but fashion shows too.

Also, models are losing their monopoly in magazines and gigs on pretty movie stars and music artists. Supermodels like in the 80's & 90's are gone. I dropped a couple of names of what I consider to be well known models to several friends of mine and they drew up blank. But they do know Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell and Cindy Crawford. Why are models losing gigs over celebrities? Isn't it because people like to see a well known pretty face rather than an asymmetric, unknown android like one?

I will leave it at this, and maybe I'm completely wrong in my musings (if you think so please add your thoughts!) but yeah, sometimes I really am surprised to see which models turn up.

All that said, you have put some interesting fresh faces out here and that's just great! So please youareprincess, I don't know if you do, but don't view this as a personal attack on you or your taste/preferences.

Sorry if I struck a nerve with some people, but I think some discussion is never a bad thing. Keeps things interesting.

Don't agree with you, but I do appreciate the well thought out intelligent post.

Thank you for being able to expose your opinion without sounding like some brainless fourteen year old. (Not saying anyone in THIS discussion is, mind you)

Here's a question for ya'll. Why does Commercial and High Fashion modeling have to have such a distinct separation?

In 80's and 90's models were all doing commercial and high-fashion at the same time. You'd have Cindy walk in Valentino one day, and the next book Revlon and the cover of Vogue. Naomi would walk for Versace and then book SI Swim or United Benetton. Claudia would walk for Chanel and then turn around and do Guess or ESPRIT .

Pretty woman who could be versatile enough to do both things... le shock... is it possible anymore?

Kate Moss was the first "odd" looking model... and to this day I can recall the first time my friends and I saw her in a campaign. We all looked at each with the most dumbfounded look on our faces and this comment lingering in our minds. "Wtf? That's not a model....it can't be..... she's not even pretty enough to be a model....". It took most people back in the day YEARS to become ok with the idea of Kate... and sadly most people still aren't her biggest fan...

I don't mind the discussions in this thread, I only mind that the majority of it is so negative. I just don't want youareprincess to feel like her posts are not welcome here because her tastes differ from the norm here on BZ.

Please do discuss, I don't want this to become like Bar's or Lima's thread where you say one bad thing and everyone plots your death. I just want to keep it civil so our beautifully strange girls can still have a place here in the thread :flower:

Ophelia, I´m saying it the whole time, I like weird looking models. *sigh* and many of us do too. But good discussion is never bad, and this one is pretty good.

Princess, please continue with this showing new faces, it´s a great thing, and don´t feel offended when someone doesn´t like everything (or anything) you post - it doesn´t matter actually at all. But please, never say things like "fat & commercial models" - that scared the hell out of me (because I seriously consider people who see fat models to be mentally ill).

Pretty got the point - models used to be versatile. It´s a model, right? It should be like that, she SHOULD be versatile :) Why can´t these days models do that? My friends consider model to be a beautiful woman. Someone like Cindy or Linda Evangelista, or Christy. When I show them some typically HF models, they are like -

Friends: Jesus, these girls are MODELS? Aren´t models supposed to be beautiful?

Me: You know, that´s HF, it´s a little bit complicated...

Friends: WHAT?

Me: HF - high fashion, you know, it´s like... there are commercial models and then there are high fashion models and some models are both commercial and fashion and -

Friends - what the hell are you talking about? Models are supposed to be beautiful, so they can sell and do anything, aren´t they?

Me: No... not exactly, you know, it´s FASHION.

Friends: *blink*

Friends: Isn´t fashion about making woman look beautiful?

Me: *sigh* FML.

And you can´t tell them "you don´t understand that" because... afterall, they are right. When you think about it, fashion is no more about making women look beautiful, but mainly about shocking and bringing "something new" which mostly means "that looks horrible". Because everything has already been there. Because people get bored soo soon.

Sometimes it´s like a joke. Just like a joke.

She's so pretty and natural

Janies-Place-Models-2-550x733.jpg Janies-Place-Models-3-550x733.jpg Janies-Place-Models-04-550x733.jpg Janies-Place-Models-5-550x763.jpg Janies-Place-Models-6-550x733.jpg Janies @ Place Models

We would like to tell you a little more about Janies. She’s one of the last additions from Place Models in Hamburg. (The German agency is very diligent with their choices). We don’t doubt that Janies has a great look and potential to do the modeling. She has a strong face and a beautiful profile in the eyes of All about Models. (You can see it in the pictures above and below). Well, Janies is half German and half Greek. She’s on her best way to build a promising future. She’s tall (174cm), has great measurements (85-60-89) and she’s having definitely what it needs. You probably discover this “x” factor in her. Be ready for more of Janies !

Janies-Place-Models-550x733.jpgJanies-Place-Models-1-550x733.jpg

allaboutmodels.net

she looks plain and blahh in person and those measures are never real...

Well, its a shame, because you're the one that put this thread (that no one previously cared much about) on the map in the first place :/ . But I can understand both sides. On one hand some good points were made and mostly reasonable and valid (especially about the segregation the Moss thing brought to fashion) and on the other hand I can see why it would be discouraging for one person to do all the work only to be rewarded by soap boxes every 10 pages. But of course, one solution, is of course someone/I :Angel: some time ago started a general discussion thread http://www.bellazon.com/main/index.php?showtopic=28779 about expectations, hopes, opionions ect. of fashion in this new decade. So in theory people could maybe vent the soap boxes there and post mainly pics and names over here, just a random thought of course :) .

I decided to put no longer new faces here.

Sorry to hear you feel this way. If I had a part in the reason you made this decision, I´m genuinely sorry.

It's not nice for the agencies to read such comments about their models.

I guess it´s not nice to be judged by your appearance, but in essence, that is what modeling is all about. Models get judged and critiqued every day and even the average human being gets judged on appearance time after time on a daily basis. That´s the thing with beauty. It´s a double edged sword. Also, I don´t think the agencies themselves occupy themselves a lot with the opinions of people of this forum. Their job is to get work for their models. And as long as their clientèle is hiring them, they have nothing to worry about.

And even if the measurements of Janine lied, it doesn't play any matter - she's beautiful in her tests and in her polaroids. And her agency is excited about her future.

That poster is new and he didn´t support his statement with any evidence that suggested what he was saying is true. Seeing how slender some of the girls are I see no reason to be suspicious of the measurements. If I were to be suspicious of anything, it would be the age they put up sometimes. But that´s another matter entirely and not worth getting into here.

I do get why you feel hurt when you put in this much effort, but like I said, this is not an attack on you. I guess it may have become a bit of a soapbox like Joe said but at the same time it´s like that would mean we are not allowed to comment at all. Pictures invoke emotions, be it good or bad. And people are social creatures who like to share opinions, which is happening here. I don´t see what is so particularly bad about that as long as it is done in a civilized manner. It means people are interested enough in this thread to put in their thoughts about the content. I can name tons of threads I don't give a second look.

If this was to be intended to be a pictures only thread, a forum might not have been the best place to put it. Or you should have arranged to have the ´reply´ option disabled.

Again, sorry to hear you're quitting and I really hope you'll reconsider but ofcourse this is your choice to make.

I don´t think there´s a reason to quit this. Princess, this thread has an attention! And a great one. It´s actually the first one I´m comming in :) not because of blaming anyone or writing bullshi*s, but because I liked the discussion and some of the girls you post here are really pretty (and because I´m curious to see new faces, if I like them or not).

If you like this thread, stand for it and don´t leave it just because everyone is not amazed by ALL the girls here. If I would quit doing things I like just because someone told me something harsh or bad or something that I felt insulted by, I would do NOTHING now.

But because I didn´t give a sh*t what someone think (and took only good from it) I´m still doing things I like. Because it´s worth it.

I hope this thread is worth it for you ;)

Guys!

You're so nice. I'll continue with posting here some of the new faces ....

I've did a selection in my website for the upcoming girls in this season. (I'll put some pics here - but you can click also on the link below to get into the profiles of these girls - there're more pics of them)

http://allaboutmodels.net/the-girls-to-wat...ng-summer-2011/

I guess some of them will do pretty well and some other maybe just one show :)

ss11x.png

ss11a.png

etc ...