Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

Oh-oh again, & i agree w/my Cramel-Osa hahaha ...

& the only thing i have to say is that i don't like the Angels at all ... they used to be perfect, but wow, now i think they don't have idea about what to do or no haha ... the show was amazing, i really love almost everything just w/the pictures ... but, i don't get what they are doing w/the angels xD!

If Behati is an official Angel & no a spokesmodel, i would think they're getting crazy xD

Heidi - Adriana - Alessandra - Karolina - Marisa (getting better and better and better :heart: ) ... they're perfect ...

And even when i like Selita, i don't know at all why she is an angel ...

I WANT THE 2005/2006 ANGELS BAACK :(

In my opinion Karolina was probably the only good choice for an angel post 2005.

Except that she's been just as much of a dud popularity-wise as Izabel and Selita. I mean, what's the point in signing models with no American appeal and can't keep their figure? Same with Doutzen. VS just needs to bite the bullet and reduce the Angels to the group most proven with the public: Heidi, Adri, Ale, Marisa, and Miranda (and maybe Selita if you want to keep a black Angel). It's the most logical decision.

On the contrary she has received tremendous publicity this year, even if its a lot of negative press regarding either her weight, or her belly button mystery, its still publicity. Plus wasn't she voted as the sexiest woman by E, I think that's quite big. I don't recall Marisa being on the list :p j/k. I am ok with Marisa, but somehow I just don't see her as an angel. She seems more of a girl next door from Cali with a laid back personality. Yes she might have a hot body, and she is very nice, but not for the status of an angel, at least not what the word meant during the years of Gisele or Tyra Banks. Doutzen does seem a bit boring now, but I think she will open up and be more carefree. VS just has to groom her, she is perfect for them in my opinion. I think Selita should be replaced by someone better. It boggles my mind as to why they keep her there. Definitely the worst of all the angel picks. And finally back to Karolina, her fame will only go up as she is doing some movies now.

I actually think Candice might be a good replacement for Marisa and Emanuella De Paula to fill Selita's spot, though I would prefer they keep only 5 angels, but if they don't then this is what I think should happen, what do you think?

^ You seem to be confusing publicity with popularity there, Sam, and it's certainly not the same thing, especially when - as you said - that publicity is of the worse kind and it took three years just to get it. :p As for the E! list, I'll wait to be impressed until KK starts ranking high on the high-number lists the public gets to vote on (Askmen, Maxim, FHM), because she's only gotten on one at all, and I seem to remember Marisa being #1 on it. :D

As for anyone's problem with MM as an Angel, I have no issue with it; I'm just glad she finally got the contract and I couldn't care less about all this petty talk of who is or should be #1 when there is no #1 among the Angels. This supposed hierarchy is something fans have imposed on the line-up and it's just silly to even bother with such inventions.

As for Candice and Emanuella... who and who? :laugh: When (and if) they become successful enough to even warrant talk of Angel status, I'll give them some thought beyond thinking Candace does have potential. But yes, five Angels is the ideal number.

:heart:

This is what I don't get: During the week of the VS show, all the models that appear for the show are all considered "Angels" by the press. I don't know if the media is confused by that term or if they just wanna categorize every girl as that one specific name. I mean, there were 35 models in this year's show and the media likes to say "This year's show has 35 Angels"......NO! WRONG, SIR, WRONG!

Typically, the model who is of "senior" rank would be considered the main Angel or the leader of VS. For years it was always Heidi followed by Tyra. When Heidi got knocked up and Tyra left, it was Gisele and then when her ass bailed, it was back to Heidi. Sure, Adriana gets more press, but seniority takes the cake.

As for KK, I'm glad she's getting the press that she deserves because it brings more traffic to my KK site (which crashed a couple of days ago) :whistle: .

:laugh:

Well ...

At this point ... I think that VS people is crazy, b/c if Behati is an Angel & not the PINK girl ... There's 10 Angels :blink:

Looks like everyone gets the chance to be an Angel right? Well in that case VS needs to get rid of Selita & put me like their black angel! :ninja:

mbinebri: Im w/you, im so happy that Marisa finally got the contract. I think she's a perfect Angel! & even when a lot of people here in BZ hates her ... Well, America (specially guys) loves her ... & that's what VS cares about

As for Kk ... I lover hahaha so im glad that she's getting a lot of press

& yes, now looks like every VS model is an Angel ... that's the reason why VS needs another AAA, people needs to know who are the Angels.

I liked Selita, but lately it seems like she tries to hard for the spotlight. I mean, I saw a backstage interview while the show was going on and you see all the girls running to change, etc, etc. And Selita stops and talks and talks.

Come on Selita, you don't have to try that hard. You're great. Don't actively seek the limelight, just live your life.

But then again, maybe I'm the only one who's noticed this lately.

Yeah but she's not dreadful and she is cute.

Now I don't really dislike any model, so let me say I think Emanuella is beautiful and I wouldn't be too surprised if she became an angel, but I just don't get the same appeal as with Selita. Selita is provocative while I think Emanuella is just really pretty. But in all, VS knows what they are looking for whether we think they do or not. :cain:

According to tFS :

1. Glamour Goddes Usher: Yeah , Whats Your Name

2. Dangerous Jorge Moreno: Babalu

3. The Moderns The Killers: Human

4. Pink Planet The Ting Tings: That's Not My Name

5. Ballet De Fleurs Chris Brown: With You

6. Black Tie Holiday Kanye West: Love Lockdown

7. Finale Robbie Williams: Let Me Entertain You

About the show itself, from what I've seen, the outfits are much better than the past 2 years. But I from what I've seen in the videos, the models still act like fools on the runway (especially Noémie Lenoir :yuckky: ) and that's the thing that annoyed me the most last year :pinch: .

And about the angels, Behati is an angel now ? No wonder the press is all about Heidi. The group of angels is getting really big and the press probably needs one or two women that the public can instantly identify as being VS angels. And right now, Heidi is perfect for it, although Adriana and Alessandra are well known too now.

Such a big number of angels makes me think that next year's Forbes top 15 is going to be so predictable :cain: