Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (POST-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

Because I like mildly antagonizing Heidi-haters (especially the Lima-loving variety who like to claim Lima gets the most applause), here is an article on the VSFS that says:

Despite all the nubile gene-candy on display, it was veteran supermodel Klum who clearly stole the show, soliciting the most catcalls and applause.

This is why she gets so much attention.

Because I like mildly antagonizing Heidi-haters (especially the Lima-loving variety who like to claim Lima gets the most applause), here is an article on the VSFS that says:
Despite all the nubile gene-candy on display, it was veteran supermodel Klum who clearly stole the show, soliciting the most catcalls and applause.

I dont get how she is a supermodel. She has really only done VS for most of her model career. :ninja:

<_< <_< <_< <_<

<_< <_< <_< <_<

:nicole: :p :D :laugh: :laugh:

How is she a fantastic model? :wave:

By turning an SI cover and a VS Angel contract into super-stardom, then turning that into further super-stardom with Project Runway (at a time when actresses were taking over) to remain such a dominant and business-savvy force in the fashion world (with un-ending endorsements and her own lines) that she can be in her 30s and still command so much public attention that the Angels are a bunch of nobodies in comparison. :wave:

How is she a fantastic model? :wave:

By turning an SI cover and a VS Angel contract into super-stardom, then turning that into further super-stardom with Project Runway (at a time when actresses were taking over) to remain such a dominant and business-savvy force in the fashion world (with un-ending endorsements and her own lines) that she can be in her 30s and still command so much public attention that the Angels are a bunch of nobodies in comparison. :wave:

Um, OK. Thanks for that. Not to sound harsh, but werent SI and VS big contracts before Heidi got them? :ninja:

They were big contracts, but everyone who ever did VS or SI didn't become a Super-Star. She didn't make the contracts something. She used those contracts and achieved super status. Those contracts give you a lot of publicity, thus giving you a name, (whether it's a permanant name or temporary name is up to you). Heidi worked her but off and kept her image big. She became very identifiable between those 2 contracts. And she stayed popular by doing little things to keep her name out there. Like for example one year she hosted Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Now that has nothing to do with fashion, but people love shark week and they saw Heidi swim with sharks. People loved her courage and love of life. It kept up her image. And from there she started her own line, and started PR, and did Germany's Next Top Model.

Another reason all these little things furthered her career is this:

Heidi's main appeal is that she's like the girl next door. This might sound wierd but she seems unobtainable, but yet obtainable. People saw that this absolutely beautiful women had a great sense of humor and was very down to earth. nd that's exactly what she is.

I love Heidi. I think she is amazing and i am glad that she gets all the attention i dont care what anyone sais. So she should IMO she has worked hard to be where she is now and why shouldnt she have all the attention. She knows how to get the crowd going and she is the most relatable woman out of all of them. She has appealed to a variety of different audiences and her personality is incredible. Women and Men love her everyone knows who she is and i am so happy that she still loves doing VS and wants to do it for ever. IMO she hasnt let stardom or anything get to her head. She doesnt take it to serious. VS love using her because the general public knows who she is and they love her.

Yes i love Ale and Adri and i do want them to take over as the head girls of VS but what when they are in the mid 30s will everyone start saying get rid of them make room for new girls. No they wont because everyone loves Adri and Ale and its unfair that everyone wants Heidi gone just so they can take over. I dont see why people complain about the attention to Heidi. All throughout this yr who have VS used. Adriana is everywhere in VS, Heidi isnt. VS use Heidi alot around the show because people know who she is and it draws the general public to watch it.