Bellazon

Emily Didonato
Thumbnail

sarnic

You might want to ask the dozens of members who were around during Emilygate and saw first had what was happening with her Youtube account, Twitter account, and the candid pictures.

It doesn't matter what you believe. All of these actions are documented in this thread and other threads and go back years. And I'm sorry if it was well before you, Mermaid and other newer fans came. Just cause you guys didn't see, didn't make it not happen.

I can pull some names of people who saw it first hand and commented on it as it was happening if you'd like.

Me

Pheno

Sarnic

MissLimaVzla

Pink Couture

whysper

emodels

Limerlight

adolf000000

lilso78

DanniCullen

lily yankee gurl

ifitaintchu1999

vanessaaa

RGD85

Enato

michelabella

MissNKlovesphotograph

(interesting to note that almost none of these people come into the thread anymore, I wonder why? Hint it's not for a lack of Emily not working. We all put in the grunt hours back in the day when we'd have to wait 2-6 months before new work came out..)

Would you like me to go on?

Either way, it's over and done with. But it still doesn't stop the fact that she seems to be distant from her followers/fans in that she never can seem to bother to interact with them.

I do believe that it has happened,I had read this thread several times and I remember what happened back then

It is fact that she is distant with us,I don`t say that she is open or friendly

But it is not like she is rude to us,or at least I see it another way

It is like she creates her own space,and though I don`t approve the distance she created ,I don`t think that it makes her not as good persons other celebrities who are more friendly

Because one can say nice things to fans,but don`t really think that way or not really care

I don`t know Emily in personal life-she can be bad person (I personally don`t think so,but still...) ,but I don`t think that answering or not people on twitter defines her inner beauty

And now she has twitter and instagram account,so I don`t see any problem

But that is again only my opinion

Anyone who just have started an account here can read any of those old posts, wich i have read before..i based my opinion on that too. When the issue " changing twitter account/ spreading candids" came, i found she have a point! Even a person like her, who are beautiful and a public figure, has the right to be upset about personal stuffs going on the midia! Would you like it to happen to yourself???

Since some of you have stated many times how you are disappointed in Emily behaviour,and I completely respect your opinions,though I disagree with you,I think it is time to move on .If you are not sattisfied with her so called shitty attitude,go to the threads models you love aka Kate Upton,Josie Maran,Candice Swanepoel ,Barbara Palvin or whoever else who answer to their fans up to your standards,and don`t bother to come here and waste your time on such a cold person as Emily,who is in your opinion not as beautiful inside as outside

I only remind that the reason why are you here is that you first liked Emily physical appeal and her youth.She never asked anyone to follow her or to like her,but if Emily Didonato had a face which seemed completely unattractive to you,you wouldn`t give her a second look ,even if she were tweeting her fans constantly

I like Emily a lot and it is my personal choice.I don`t really need her to show if she cares about me or not,probably because if she didn`t have such an extremely beautiful face,I wouldn`t follow her,and she would be for me just another model.It is would be nice if she cared but it is not much important.I don`t judge her by her twitter behaviour or her behaviour in social nets,but she seems to be nice,sweet girl,who isn`t in love with physical appeal ,as Barbara does,of course she answers her fans,girl was born for stardom,because she adores attention,but I am happy she is not like Barbara Palvin

Not every person can deal with attention,Emily is very private,sometimes I hate it and sometimes I love it

Ap88,it is not personal,but if I were in Emily shoes,I wouldn`t be sad if you unfollow me.I remember your posts about if Emily dating Jake,and I personally think that this is not of your business,and you were sounding as if it was matter of life or death or she must report you her private life

And I like that she shares with us her childhood pics ,she is more open now,that she used to be.And she makes tweets about her work mostly,and it makes easier for us people who actually post some stuff here to find her new work.But of course you don`t need her tweets about her work,because you can find it on this forum ,after we post them

Anyway,I can only hope,that you are as beautiful inside as outside

And quote about I heard that Emily is very cold to her fans is just hilarious gossip from person,who posts here only when Emily takes bad picture or when she finds a flaw in her behaviour

I think that the bottom line is that Emily decided to be a model and unless she is pretty retarded she knew all along that with a successful modeling career fans & fame were on the way, so If she is so shy about everything and has no desire to deal with fans & fame then she is on the wrong career path and she should think about it.

We're not asking her to be like Alessandra, Miranda or Barbara (I believe with all my heart that they come across as a little fake and annoying) but an occasional "Hello" or "Thanks" would be more than enough. She can't just pretend fans don't exist, If she simply doesn't want to reply anyone for whatever reason then make your Twitter & Instagram account private, simple as that :idk:

I think that the bottom line is that Emily decided to be a model and unless she is pretty retarded she knew all along that with a successful modeling career fans & fame were on the way, so If she is so shy about everything and has no desire to deal with fans & fame then she is on the wrong career path and she should think about it.

We're not asking her to be like Alessandra, Miranda or Barbara (I believe with all my heart that they come across as a little fake and annoying) but an occasional "Hello" or "Thanks" would be more than enough. She can't just pretend fans don't exist, If she simply doesn't want to reply anyone for whatever reason then make your Twitter & Instagram account private, simple as that :idk:

Maybe I started a crazy conversation. Sorry about that.

I really like the support that I am getting from the people that agree with me. (Y)

But I've also read the posts of the people that dont agree. Disagreement is natural and makes life more interesting. (Y) Its always welcome, but some of the points are just wrong. For instance, I never used any rumors about her in any of my statements. I based all my statements on what I observed from her dealing with fans. Also there have been people on here who supported my statements and showed proof of her attitude towards her fans.

Those that say they dont care how she treats her fans as long as they can go to this forum and admire her beauty and modeling work, remember she is not comfortable with you being on this forum because she calls it stalking and it disturbs her.

Oops I went to this forum again, am I stalking? Am I looking at the computer screen using binoculars? :ninja: (Only appropriate emoticon I could find for this last statement.)

I just went to youtube, typed in my favorite models name and found some videos of her. I hope thats not a crime.

I found this video posted by an emdidonato.Is it hers? Is it her own account? Will she delete it or hide it the way she has every other thing she posts that a fan finds by googling? So watch out, this video might be deleted or hidden by the time most of you "stalking" and "disturbing" people read this. :baronfaint:

If your going to be a model then model. Dont have a twitter. Especially a verified twitter where you want people to know about you and your work. If your going to have a verified twitter and try be famous than be thankful for every fan you have. :clap:

If its a professional twitter then why does she post person pics of her with her family and friends and her dog? What about the other models or the actors and actresses etc who have twitters? And if its a professional twitter and someone asks her about her work or compliments her about her work why cant she reply professionally?

Shes a beautiful girl, and great model. But I dont get the people that call her a sweet and lovely person though, because they dont know her. They dont. I dont either. So we can only go by what she puts out there in front of us and what she puts out there in front of us is that she will ignore her fans and wants us to leave her alone, except for when she needs to remind us that shes working for so and so.

What she makes it seem like, is that shes like the super popular girl in school who never talks to 99% of the people in school, but when it comes to running for class president or prom queen, she asks that everyone votes for her.

Again these arent rumors, its just the way she makes it seem.

If it turns out that I am completely wrong, then Im wrong. I hope shes this really sweet and nice person who believes in treating everyone with respect, even the fans that support her career. So I hope Im wrong. And to prove me wrong takes just one tweet from her to just one fan that compliments her or makes her artwork or asks her a question and she does say "thanks" or "ty" or "cool" or anything. So I will be watching this forum but dont expect her to actually see any of this or care. :morning:

(I was going to multiquote those that agree and also those that disagree but it would be an even longer post. But I would like to thank those that have supported my thoughts on this matter. :heart: )

I'm gonna start off by saying that I started following Emily's career when she got her big contract with Maybelline. I used to post a lot of her work as much as I could but stopped because I'm not really a forum fanatic like I used to be and very much focused on my career. I'm still a fan but also see things in both sides.

Like Prettyphile said, this has aptly been discussed long before (if you decide to go into the start of the thread). Truth to be told, I did defend Emily over this in the past since her private life was non of my concern. More so on a "neutral" side now, when it comes to seeing this topic and let everyone say their piece. I respect difference of opinions but there are a few things. During FNO New York one with the Maybelline event, I've heard nothing but praises for people that were just fans when they met Emily saying things about how nice she is. I have absolutely never heard a bad word of mouth on Emily within the industry like the people that are casting directors or whatever go sees she's done.

There are some things I would agree that if she gave a simple thank you out to fans who give her small praises wouldn't take much of her time but I also understand the uncertainty. If she does voice any concerns that she does not want her pictures or whatever posted here, she should take it up with the mods directly herself.

While yes it may be Emily's thread but you can't honestly expect rainbows of praises here all the time. It's called constructive criticism and I find seeing different perspective helps.

I don't really see her making a change soon but I do think giving opinions like this helps for improvements or what not.

Hmmmm constructive criticism is all very well ........................I for the life of me cannot see how anyone can base opinions of someone by the lack of a response from said someone on twitter. Really if a fan is so upset that he / she doesn't get a reply he/she should really start to question their expectations. Well if you wish to unfollow a person coz he/she doesn't reply GOOD FOR YOU !!! move on................................ I hope Emily sticks to her guns and zips it

Like I said, I personally don't see it as a problem and not everyone will see it that way. Different strokes *kanyeshrug*.

Anyway, I'm excited to see she shot with Knoepfel and Indlekofer along with Garrett Neff. I wonder if it's a campaign or editorial.

EDIT: I just wanna say I understand some of your behaviour but keep in mind, she's absolutely not mean. I've heard much worse stories about models people met in real life and they are nothing like how they present themselves on social media. Making baseless assumptions like she's a "b****" is uncalled for and I know this because those she's worked with never said bad things.

I'm gonna start off by saying that I started following Emily's career when she got her big contract with Maybelline. I used to post a lot of her work as much as I could but stopped because I'm not really a forum fanatic like I used to be and very much focused on my career. I'm still a fan but also see things in both sides.

Like Prettyphile said, this has aptly been discussed long before (if you decide to go into the start of the thread). Truth to be told, I did defend Emily over this in the past since her private life was non of my concern. More so on a "neutral" side now, when it comes to seeing this topic and let everyone say their piece. I respect difference of opinions but there are a few things. During FNO New York one with the Maybelline event, I've heard nothing but praises for people that were just fans when they met Emily saying things about how nice she is. I have absolutely never heard a bad word of mouth on Emily within the industry like the people that are casting directors or whatever go sees she's done.

There are some things I would agree that if she gave a simple thank you out to fans who give her small praises wouldn't take much of her time but I also understand the uncertainty. If she does voice any concerns that she does not want her pictures or whatever posted here, she should take it up with the mods directly herself.

While yes it may be Emily's thread but you can't honestly expect rainbows of praises here all the time. It's called constructive criticism and I find seeing different perspective helps.

I don't really see her making a change soon but I do think giving opinions like this helps for improvements or what not.

Hmmmm constructive criticism is all very well ........................I for the life of me cannot see how anyone can base opinions of someone by the lack of a response from said someone on twitter. Really if a fan is so upset that he / she doesn't get a reply he/she should really start to question their expectations. Well if you wish to unfollow a person coz he/she doesn't reply GOOD FOR YOU !!! move on................................ I hope Emily sticks to her guns and zips it

Well I hope she is nice in person and a really down to earth girl. There are a lot of models and there are lot of really beautiful models.

I cant just admire a model for being beautiful. I need to be able to respect her. So the vibe she sends does bother me. If Im wrong about her then good. If its true that she doesnt even answer her family and real friends then I dont know. I think that would bother me even more. But if she is really a nice girl and she is just technologically impaired then ok. She doesnt seem like shes tech impaired though with all the pics and vine stuff she posts. So we dont know. Hopefully she turns out to be nice because I want to like her. It would really benefit her to be more active on twitter and talk to her fans in order to build a following. She needs it for her career. She has 29,000 followers. There are models with 900,000 followers like Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima and Kate Upton. Bar Rafaeli has 457,000. Candice and Doutzen both have 420,000. Chrissy Teigen and Barbara Palvin have more than 300,000 followers. Irina Shayk has 250,000. Erin Heatherson has 160,000 followers. Nina Agdal has 72,000 followers. Heidi Klum has 1,457,000 followers. Maybe this is why she isnt with VS? While twitter has nothing to do with actually taking pictures and modeling, having fans separates the successful models from the rest. Most models last 5 years maybe even less. This is all just reality. I hope these numbers would be sobering to her.

I think she is more beautiful than some of the models I've listed. She could easily have their success. Success=fans and twitter followers reflect the amount of fans one has.

But maybe she just doesnt want to be a big model? Who knows. I hope for the best though.

Also when you think about it, why shouldnt she be a big model? Shes got the beauty and she also has the "All-American" thing going for her. But I dont know if she wants to be a big model. Shes hard to figure out. :idk:

^ As I've stated before, there are people who know Emily in the industry and fans who met her were all people I've seen were giving compliments on how nice she is. Not if, is.

One example I remember was teevanity on his tumblr page here: teevanity.tumblr.com and people who attended the Maybelline event during FNO NYC in 2011.

I don't know what you are trying to say, every model wants a decent career if that's their main focus. Emily scored HB and VP editorials along with SI. Work has been more steady rather than long gaps and solely focusing on Maybelline like she did in the past.

While I would agree on liking to see her interact more even if it's short, I'm not Emily nor do I dictate her actions.

The best part is, some people regardless of what's said or not said still would act like she shits rainbows and farts butterflies. Obviously exaggerated but you get the point.

It's been proven that social media can make a big difference in a models career, just look at Kate Upton, so in ignoring her fans she may just be trying to be private, but it's detrimental to her career if she wants to get huge.

I am maybe old fashion? But I will always give more credits to a model that is working her ass off to have a prolific modeling career then the ones using the social networks to "buzz" about what they do, eat, fu*k with, date with, doogy dance, Bieber yes or Bieber not, etc.

And twitter is evil people.

stop using it.

read a book.

I am maybe old fashion? But I will always give more credits to a model that is working her ass off to have a prolific modeling career then the ones using the social networks to "buzz" about what they do, eat, fu*k with, date with, doogy dance, Bieber yes or Bieber not, etc.

And twitter is evil people.

stop using it.

read a book.

Haha thats true :yes: