Bellazon

Natural Beauty Competiton

:ermm: ....Either that or someone you give a high score to has a natural advantage :persuazn: ! Thus a part of your twisted plot to stop me from taking over babe polls and take it over yourself :mellow: . I have the most nominations and I'm still losing :pinch: :pinch: :pinch: .

But I'll defeat you yet, mwahahahaha :evil: !

:pinch:

Adriana Lima in number 22... :dontgetit:

This must be cause she's got too many antifans, in my competition she was 2nd just after Gisele Bündchen.

Petra Nemcova was 5th, Valentina Zelyaeva 10th and Emily DiDonato did not participate, but don't worry she will be in the 2nd edition.

Theron, that´s exactly what I think - these competitions are no longer about beauty. On one hand, it is highly subjective thing, on the other hand, it´s always a matter of fans and anti-fans.

But we need not to worry...it´s just a competition :laugh: it´s funny and enjoyable :)

Theron, She had the second most scores under 5, so yeah....my efforts to not alert the fans resulted in an onslaught of anti fans :pinch: . But I wouldn't worry about it since A) Obviously it isn't close to representing the real world (or else she wouldn't be as successful as she is in commercial modeling :nicole: ) . B) she got 2nd in yours C) she and the other fabulous 5 have won the most on Babe Polls in general.

But even though Petra is in the lead (and as low as the scores are overall :pinch: , isn't likely to lose it), overall, I think its a B list model's game at the moment. It would have been an A-lister's game 6-12 months ago. Aside from Petra, the A list models will suffer mutiny. My efforts to not go out in my way to alert the fans makes them victim to an overconcentration of anti-fans giving them 3s (screwed if I do, screwed if I don't it seems :idk: ) while on the other hand, unfamiliar models without ANY sentimental attachment at all would need a miracle just to get an 8.

So the Bellazon B listers have the advantage :yes: . Less anti-fans than the A list and way more sentimental attachment than the D list :yes: .

Oh, Jennka :wub: , how did you master mixing being blunt and not sugar coating the truth with making it all better at the same time :nicole: ?

I personally found it utterly disturbing that only those 6 people were granted a score of 8 or better :blink: among other things :ninja: , but you made it better and you're right, its all in good fun :hug: .

And yes it will continue, this round is still going and another will be up....

Miranda Kerr: 9 and 9.5

Theron, She had the second most scores under 5, so yeah....my efforts to not alert the fans resulted in an onslaught of anti fans :pinch: . But I wouldn't worry about it since A) Obviously it isn't close to representing the real world (or else she wouldn't be as successful as she is in commercial modeling :nicole: ) . B) she got 2nd in yours C) she and the other fabulous 5 have won the most on Babe Polls in general.

But even though Petra is in the lead (and as low as the scores are overall :pinch: , isn't likely to lose it), overall, I think its a B list model's game at the moment. It would have been an A-lister's game 6-12 months ago. Aside from Petra, the A list models will suffer mutiny. My efforts to not go out in my way to alert the fans makes them victim to an overconcentration of anti-fans giving them 3s (screwed if I do, screwed if I don't it seems :idk: ) while on the other hand, unfamiliar models without ANY sentimental attachment at all would need a miracle just to get an 8.

Yep, that's right, it is obvious that those under 5 scores decrease the final average a lot, and the lesser known girls hardly get them.

B: 6

N: 6

Joe if you go back years during the height of the "uber" model popularity explosion around BZ, the same 6-8 models ALWAYS made the top ten in everything.... oddly enough, the same 4-5 models have made the top of this list as well.. and continue to have staying power.

Perhaps the same woman keep winning because even on a subconscious level, we find them unbelievable?

As for the way I'm voting... I love Miranda, so this isn't a case of me being an antifan, however she's not a stellar knockout imo, she's a bit above average to me, and GF needs to wear makeup to bring something "special" out in her, it's just that simple. If I don't find a person attractive in any way shape or form, I'm not going to vote them up. I didn't like Tori and I gave her 7 & 8's soo.... however she's very pretty, so I let my scores reflect how impressed I was with her

5 is average, there's nothing wrong with being average. We all are, and that doesn't make us non attractive.

Look at the top grouping of people for natural beauty in my old contest... lots of same people in both lists. Inguna is pretty easy to explain why she's not doing well here.... for one, she hasn't been in the spotlight over the last few months, and I think for people it's easy to "forget beauty". At the time I was running this content, there was a bit of hype going on for some of the people who placed. Esti was a first timer is SI Swimsuit, Inguna was still going strong from vsfs, Janeta was this "new found" beauty.... well sadly since then all of them have gone MIA, and people stopped thinking about them.

I've found that people need an overabundance of saturation on this forum to build interest in someone, and the minute that model goes MIA, people lose interest.. IE. She's a fad.

I went to school and studied Trend Forecasting in Fashion and I can pretty much tell you spot on, months in advanced who's going to be popular, why they'll be popular, and how long they are going to be popular.

I'm pretty sure I know why Adriana/Gisele placed so high in Theron's content. During the time they were up, it was confirmed or rumored that the woman were pregos and everyone was Oooohs and Awww's. It was exciting, a happy time for all. IE, a fad. Now that we're all accustomed to them being pregos, they are back to winning about as must as they normally did. Adriana's height of uber popuarity ended a couple of years back when everyone was on this "did she put on weight" thing? She gained a bit of it back by losing weight and working a bit more, then she got married, and knocked up.... and her popularity is waning again.

Josie, Petra, Val have for the better part of 5+ years always made it into the top 10 of something, sometime time, somewhere... and I suspect Bar and Emily will continue to impress.

NATURAL BEAUTY:

Valentina Zeliaeva: 9.14

Josie Maran: 8.84

Petra Nemcova: 8.72

Inguna Butane: 8.66

Daniela Freitas: 8.63

Esti Ginzburg: 8.59

Candice Swanepoel: 8.58

Janeta Samp: 8.57

Charlize Theron: 8.53

Mona Johannesson: 8.41

Alessandra Ambrosio: 8.40

Edita Vilkeviciute: 8.35

Bar Refaeli: 8.35

Jessica Stam: 8.31

What no one seems to get is these competitons aren't the end all be all, they are the subjective opinions at a specific period of time of individuals on the forum. Which is why you can run the same competition over and over, and get different results even if you don't introduce new models/actresses. But the goddamn pc melodrama that some people consistantly feel the need to bring to the table.. irritates me beyond measure.