Bellazon

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2008 (PRE-SHOW Thread)

PinkCouture

if we're doing countery themes, Italy or a south American country is great.

How about a sort of Greek theme, more specificly Greek Mythologhy.

Ares costume: bright red with war like armor

Hermes: blue with tiny wings

Zeus: something with a thunder bolt

Athena: a shield

Aphrodite: need I say more

LOL, I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING..

but what got me going on that was Alexander McQueens Spring RTW '06 collection...

that would be great though...

like her or not, Marisa Miller is probably the most popular and well known of ALL of the VS Angels right now. she caught a TON of press due to her SI cover and then being #1 on Maxim's hot list. she's constantly on all the trashy online blogs (*idontlikeyouinthatway, hollywoodtuna, egotastic, etc*). SO ... she is gonna be at the VSFS and she's going to be one of their main focal points. for sure. (this doesn't necessarily please me, because i'm really not a fan of Marisa's ... though admittedly she has THE most spectacular body of anyone. ever.)

chicityboy -- i appreciate the cultural idea of those odd little images, but do you sincerely think they are in ANY way, even remotely, possible to associate with Victoria's Secret?? no.

with all this "Supermodel" madness happening lately, i was thinking it would be cool to have the SUPERS back on the runway. but then, it would probably NOT be beneficial to VS, as it would only highlight how the current Angels -- NONE of them --- have achieved the fame of, say, Cindy, Christy, Naomi, Claudia, Stephanie, Linda, Helena, Eva, etc. the STARS of the show would then be the Supers, NOT the Angels; and that just is contrary to what VS wants.

^ That would be quite the powerhouse list of models to bring in to the next show and I think the ratings for the show would be insane, however, personally, if the current VS Angels weren't in the show, I don't think I would be quite as interested to watch if they didn't have both old and new Angels. I'm only a fan of maybe half of that powerhouse list mentioned (even if they are big names in the industry) and I'm a fan of maybe only two or three of the current Angels. (Marisa and Adriana being two of them that I love).

I hope it's Iza too, but I'm guessing Adriana or Ale. They've been with VS soo long, they deserve it.

If they do a beach segment, Marisa is almost a definite to open it.

Chicityboy, I'll take a look at the show.

Happycanadian, I was thinking that too. An entire Angels segment (past & current), but not now. Maybe later, like for VS's 20th or 25th anniversary show.

I am a fan of only two angels. KK and Izabel. Because KK has already gotten the bra, the only person I'd be happy getting it is obviously Izabel. She's gorgeous (I know not everyone agrees with that), but on top of that she has THE BEST PERSONALITY. She's so cute and effervescent (not hyper active and childish like SOMEONE I will not name, though her last name can be found at your local supermarket under the beans section). Izabel can sell you a piece of chewed gum with a smile and a giggle. Wearing the bra means you have to be the best spokes-model you can be, and Iz definitely has that in the bag.

If they give it to Lima, well she hasn't gotten it yet... and she has lost weight... so I guess that's fine. But hearing her talk is like running nails down a chalkboard IMO. I believe that is the only reason she hasn't gotten it. VS kisses the ground she walks on, but they are aware of her lack of communication skills. But I won't count her out for this year’s recipient of the bra. Won't this be her 10th year with VS? They might just give hand it to her for that reason.

I doubt Aless will get it. I could be wrong though. I mean, I'm pretty sure her due date is well before then and she can get in shape for it... but I don't know. I just don't see Aless getting it before Lima.

-=-

For the MM discussion: I go through phases where I absolutely adore her, and then sometimes I’m just like ‘eh’. Right now, MM is THE most popular Angel. With the SI cover and being Maxim’s #1 Sexiest Woman people are raving about her. Hell, just recently I read an article in Cosmo where they called her ‘The Rebirth of the Supermodel.’ I don’t agree with that but w/e. Her body is quite possibly the most amazing body to ever grace earth… that’s just a given (I saw her in person. Didn’t wait in line for an autograph, but I got to see her). Her face, well that’s a matter of taste. She’s the Hottest Girl Next Door, and that’s usually a look which draws men. But she’s cool, she surfs, she’s funny, she’s eloquent… it appeals to women. As for her walk, I won’t so as far as saying that it was horrible but I think it wasn’t good.

No matter what your thoughts are on this woman... She’s loved by the media right now and VS loves to see their girl’s names in the funny papers. Why? Because it usually looks like this: ‘VICTORIA’S SECRET ANGEL Marisa Miller.’ It gets the brands name out. There is no way in hell we are going to see any less of MM in VS; she’ll probably be pushed like hell in the show. Expect three outfits guys.

Whether this is good news or not to you, get used to it.

I am a fan of only two angels. KK and Izabel. Because KK has already gotten the bra, the only person I'd be happy getting it is obviously Izabel. She's gorgeous (I know not everyone agrees with that), but on top of that she has THE BEST PERSONALITY. She's so cute and effervescent (not hyper active and childish like SOMEONE I will not name, though her last name can be found at your local supermarket under the beans section). Izabel can sell you a piece of chewed gum with a smile and a giggle. Wearing the bra means you have to be the best spokes-model you can be, and Iz definitely has that in the bag.

I agree. As most of you know, i love Izabel (understatement). And I can't see why a lot of people don't like her :(

Everything you said about her personality, you hit the nail on the head and put it beautifully. She could sell ice to eskimo's

As far as it being Adriana's 10 th anniversary. I forgot about that. Your right they might give it to her for that reason

agreed. If you notice the pink models are only really for that part. And also they are the "like doll" models. They all look very young. Miranda and some of them are late 20s and they look very low 20s. Izabel is early 20s but is very sophisticated and mature so she looks not older but more mature and sexy.

I hope they go back to NYC shows. NYC, LA, and Miami are centers for everything, I think they'll probably alternate between these big ones. They would choose places that are like capitals.

Apparently VS is going back to their roots/xmas theme. Now I'm not sure how many of have actually sat down and watched the earlier shows, but they weren't gimmicky and they kept to the X-mas theme while showcasing their lingerie perfectly.

Example: [best show to date imo]

Winged sequence

Now, if they are seriously planning to go back to their roots, their show will look something like this *one can only hope*. I'm so over the "over the top themed" shit it's not even funny. Just put the beautiful woman on the runway, and show us the damn lingerie, stop making it look like a failed broadway act, stop with the uber glitter, STOP with seal. Simple, and to the point please.

Oh oh oh oh oh! FIRE YOUR CURRENT Costumers, I can't stress this enough. They are making your attire look like shit.