Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

So I started with KOTFM book and had to LOL when Ernest is 28 in the beginning of the book meeting Mollie. So is Leo playing a 28 years old again or did they just made them older right from the beginning?

I guess he's older from the beginning!

There'sĀ  a scene in the trailer when Leo meets her for the first time as a taxi driver or something! I am not sure šŸ˜†

1 hour ago, Magical said:

Ā 

Leo meets her for the first time as a taxi driver

Yeah that sticks to the book.

ef9aa5165a36c6a1ea9faef131d2b67482b80f79

Ā 

I think he was even younger than 28 when he met Mollie first. The story is set to play around the 1920s, he came to Oklahoma 1912. And I think he's 28 in 1921 when Mollies sister Anne is missing what makes Mollie 5 years older than her baby husband. Damn. That's a bit different dynamic.

Ā 

He's also describe as "good looking" like a "western movie star". Leo was probably "naaah bury my pretty face under prothetics instead" LOL

Magical & Jade

Ā 

In the book Ernest comes to live with his Uncle William Hale at 19 in 1912 & marries Mollie 5 years later in 1917 at 24 & was 28 when her sister Anna was killed in 1921 which led to Tom White coming to town to investigate this latestĀ  Osaage murderĀ 

Ā 

He was described as handsome enough to be a Western movie 'extra' , but his 'nose which had been broken in barrom brawl' took away from his handsomenessĀ 

Ā 

But while in reality Ernest was 28 when Anna was killed , I think in Scorseseā€™s film we are to view Ernest as much older than 28 when that event occurs = as , personally, I donā€™t think , Scorsese or Leo himself , thinks he can pass for 28 anymore :pĀ 

13 hours ago, akatosh said:

Ā 

Exactly my thoughts šŸ˜…

New ā€˜Killers of the Flower Moonā€™ Poster is Bad

Now we have the release of the French poster (...). Itā€™s like theyā€™re not even trying. It looks like a copy and paste job. Nothing about this poster conveys story, setting or theme.

Ā 

And it's not like Hollywood is completely out of ideas:

MV5BMjAxNGNmNzUtM2JhYi00NzhmLTg0ZDUtYzVj

Another strong oscar contender.

Ā 

ā€˜Poor Thingsā€™ Screens for Academy and Guild Members, Enthusiastic Reception

Yorgos Lanthimosā€™ ā€œPoor Thingsā€ just had a screening in Los Angeles for Academy and Guild voters. No surprise, it played like gangbusters. A loud ovation at the end. Lineups around the block and, obviously, a packed house.

You now have some folks saying that itā€™s our Best Picture frontrunner, yes, even surpassing ā€œOppenheimerā€ and ā€œKillers of the Flower Moon.ā€ Iā€™m only seeing it later this month at the New York Film Festival. Its theatrical release date is set for December 8th.

Itā€™s not a stretch to say that ā€œPoor Thingsā€ has turned into this fallā€™s festival critical darling. Itā€™s also catapulted Lanthimos, if he wasnā€™t there already, as one of the top-tier auteurs in world cinema. Searchlight has a clear winner here.

ā€œPoor Thingsā€ has a 94 on Metacritic and sits at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Itā€™s said to feature a wowser performance from Emma Stone as Bella Baxter, a young woman brought back to life by an unorthodox scientist.

Lanthimos is the eccentric filmmaker behind ā€œThe Favorite,ā€ ā€œDogtooth,ā€ ā€œThe Lobsterā€ and ā€œThe Killing of A Sacred Deer.ā€ He also has two other films with Emma Stoneā€ (including ā€œANDā€) already completed and in post-production.

So, what about Oscar, with some of the biggest fall fest titles having been screened at Telluride and Venice, the top-tier films for Best Picture now include ā€œPoor Things,ā€ ā€œOppenheimer,ā€ ā€œKillers of the Flower Moon,ā€ ā€œPast Lives,ā€ ā€œBarbie,ā€ ā€Maestroā€ and ā€œAnatomy of A Fall.ā€

Will Lanthimos snatch away the elusive Best Director trophy from Nolan? If someone can do it next year, itā€™s him. Scorsese has already won one and the narrative for the other two is much more infectious.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Another strong oscar contender.

Ā 

ā€˜Poor Thingsā€™ Screens for Academy and Guild Members, Enthusiastic Reception

Yorgos Lanthimosā€™ ā€œPoor Thingsā€ just had a screening in Los Angeles for Academy and Guild voters. No surprise, it played like gangbusters. A loud ovation at the end. Lineups around the block and, obviously, a packed house.

You now have some folks saying that itā€™s our Best Picture frontrunner, yes, even surpassing ā€œOppenheimerā€ and ā€œKillers of the Flower Moon.ā€ Iā€™m only seeing it later this month at the New York Film Festival. Its theatrical release date is set for December 8th.

Itā€™s not a stretch to say that ā€œPoor Thingsā€ has turned into this fallā€™s festival critical darling. Itā€™s also catapulted Lanthimos, if he wasnā€™t there already, as one of the top-tier auteurs in world cinema. Searchlight has a clear winner here.

ā€œPoor Thingsā€ has a 94 on Metacritic and sits at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Itā€™s said to feature a wowser performance from Emma Stone as Bella Baxter, a young woman brought back to life by an unorthodox scientist.

Lanthimos is the eccentric filmmaker behind ā€œThe Favorite,ā€ ā€œDogtooth,ā€ ā€œThe Lobsterā€ and ā€œThe Killing of A Sacred Deer.ā€ He also has two other films with Emma Stoneā€ (including ā€œANDā€) already completed and in post-production.

So, what about Oscar, with some of the biggest fall fest titles having been screened at Telluride and Venice, the top-tier films for Best Picture now include ā€œPoor Things,ā€ ā€œOppenheimer,ā€ ā€œKillers of the Flower Moon,ā€ ā€œPast Lives,ā€ ā€œBarbie,ā€ ā€Maestroā€ and ā€œAnatomy of A Fall.ā€

Will Lanthimos snatch away the elusive Best Director trophy from Nolan? If someone can do it next year, itā€™s him. Scorsese has already won one and the narrative for the other two is much more infectious.

Ā 

I'm looking forward to this onešŸ¤©

So yesterday a friend of mine texted me if I already know when I will watch KOTFM in cinema so she can join.Ā 

Ā 

You have to know 4 things about my friend:

1) she isn't a Leo fan

2) she has no socials and even she knows the movie exists

3) she's far away from being a cinematic nor does she goes often to the movies

4) she was disappointed to hear she has to wait until october

Ā 

Fazit: this movie will be doing hella fineĀ šŸ˜…

6 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

So yesterday a friend of mine texted me if I already know when I will watch KOTFM in cinema so she can join.Ā 

Ā 

You have to know 4 things about my friend:

1) she isn't a Leo fan

2) she has no socials and even she knows the movie exists

3) she's far away from being a cinematic nor does she goes often to the movies

4) she was disappointed to hear she has to wait until october

Ā 

Fazit: this movie will be doing hella fineĀ šŸ˜…

Ā 

Oh interesting, thanks to share