Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leonardo DiCaprio Needs Just 2 Movies To Set A Movie Record That Will Be Impossible To Beat

Leonardo DiCaprio is undoubtedly one of the best actors of his generation, which is further proved by one of his impressive movie facts.

leonardo-dicaprio-characters-movies-ever

• Leonardo DiCaprio has an impressive acting career, and one little-known fact is that he has played characters from almost every decade since the 1850s.
  • DiCaprio's filmography showcases his range, with roles spanning from Django Unchained in the 1850s to Don't Look Up in the 2020s, missing only the 1890s and 1900s.
  • It would be challenging for any other actor to beat DiCaprio's 165-year streak, as not many celebrities have the same affinity for period pieces. He could even extend his streak further back to the 1800s.

Leonardo DiCaprio is often lauded as one of the best actors in Hollywood, with numerous awards and blockbuster hits to his name. When he finally won an Academy Award for Best Actor in 2016 for The Revenant, after repeatedly being snubbed at the Oscars years prior, the world celebrated, and the internet broke. DiCaprio is undoubtedly a major movie star and is repeatedly recognized as such. But one little-known fact about him makes his already admirable career all the more impressive.

DiCaprio began his lengthy film and television career in the late 1980s as a teenager. He got his start in commercials before earning roles in television shows such as The New Lassie, Parenthood, and Growing Pains before moving to the big screen in the 1990s with This Boy's Life, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and Romeo + Juliet. DiCaprio soon became a household name after starring in Titanic, which is arguably still one of his best roles to this day, and went on to appear in numerous commercially successful movies, like Catch Me If You Can, The Departed, Inception, Django Unchained, The Wolf of Wall Street, and so on.

Leonardo DiCaprio Has Almost Played A Character From Every Decade Since The 1850s

an-image-of-leonardo-dicaprio-holding-a-

One of the most impressive details about Leonardo DiCaprio's acting career is that he is two movies away from having played a character from each decade, starting with the 1850s, according to GQ. The actor's filmography is a long list, so it might not be too surprising that DiCaprio has portrayed such a wide range of characters, especially given his talent. But after doing some fact-checking, his streak of playing roles from almost every decade since the 1850s is true. The only time periods that DiCaprio is missing is the 1890s and 1900s.

DiCaprio's impressive record, in chronological order, starts with Django Unchained, which took place in 1858. Then, it is followed by Gangs of New York (1860s), Total Eclipse (1870s), The Quick and the Dead (1880s), Titanic (1910s), The Great Gatsby (1920s), The Aviator (1930s and 1940s), Revolutionary Road (1950s), Catch Me If You Can (1960s), J. Edgar (1970s, briefly) The Wolf of Wall Street (1980s), Blood Diamond (1990s), The Departed (2000s), Inception (2010s), and Don't Look Up (2020s). Of course, DiCaprio has other period pieces that fall under these categories, like Shutter Island in the 1950s. But overall, the actor is only missing two decades.

Leonardo DiCaprio's 165-Year Streak Would Be Almost Impossible To Beat

leonardo-dicaprio-s-10-biggest-oscar-snu

It wouldn't be difficult for Leonardo DiCaprio to find movie scripts set in the 1890s and 1900s, so if he wanted to, he could achieve the 165-year streak rather easily. Once he theoretically does, it would be very unlikely that any other actor could catch up to his record. Not many celebrities have an affinity for period pieces like DiCaprio does. Leonardo DiCaprio could push himself even further and set his streak back to 1800 — he already has the 1820s under his belt with The Revenant, after all.

Source

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

Leonardo DiCaprio Needs Just 2 Movies To Set A Movie Record That Will Be Impossible To Beat

Leonardo DiCaprio is undoubtedly one of the best actors of his generation, which is further proved by one of his impressive movie facts.

leonardo-dicaprio-characters-movies-ever

• Leonardo DiCaprio has an impressive acting career, and one little-known fact is that he has played characters from almost every decade since the 1850s.
  • DiCaprio's filmography showcases his range, with roles spanning from Django Unchained in the 1850s to Don't Look Up in the 2020s, missing only the 1890s and 1900s.
  • It would be challenging for any other actor to beat DiCaprio's 165-year streak, as not many celebrities have the same affinity for period pieces. He could even extend his streak further back to the 1800s.

Leonardo DiCaprio is often lauded as one of the best actors in Hollywood, with numerous awards and blockbuster hits to his name. When he finally won an Academy Award for Best Actor in 2016 for The Revenant, after repeatedly being snubbed at the Oscars years prior, the world celebrated, and the internet broke. DiCaprio is undoubtedly a major movie star and is repeatedly recognized as such. But one little-known fact about him makes his already admirable career all the more impressive.

DiCaprio began his lengthy film and television career in the late 1980s as a teenager. He got his start in commercials before earning roles in television shows such as The New Lassie, Parenthood, and Growing Pains before moving to the big screen in the 1990s with This Boy's Life, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, and Romeo + Juliet. DiCaprio soon became a household name after starring in Titanic, which is arguably still one of his best roles to this day, and went on to appear in numerous commercially successful movies, like Catch Me If You Can, The Departed, Inception, Django Unchained, The Wolf of Wall Street, and so on.

Leonardo DiCaprio Has Almost Played A Character From Every Decade Since The 1850s

an-image-of-leonardo-dicaprio-holding-a-

One of the most impressive details about Leonardo DiCaprio's acting career is that he is two movies away from having played a character from each decade, starting with the 1850s, according to GQ. The actor's filmography is a long list, so it might not be too surprising that DiCaprio has portrayed such a wide range of characters, especially given his talent. But after doing some fact-checking, his streak of playing roles from almost every decade since the 1850s is true. The only time periods that DiCaprio is missing is the 1890s and 1900s.

DiCaprio's impressive record, in chronological order, starts with Django Unchained, which took place in 1858. Then, it is followed by Gangs of New York (1860s), Total Eclipse (1870s), The Quick and the Dead (1880s), Titanic (1910s), The Great Gatsby (1920s), The Aviator (1930s and 1940s), Revolutionary Road (1950s), Catch Me If You Can (1960s), J. Edgar (1970s, briefly) The Wolf of Wall Street (1980s), Blood Diamond (1990s), The Departed (2000s), Inception (2010s), and Don't Look Up (2020s). Of course, DiCaprio has other period pieces that fall under these categories, like Shutter Island in the 1950s. But overall, the actor is only missing two decades.

Leonardo DiCaprio's 165-Year Streak Would Be Almost Impossible To Beat

leonardo-dicaprio-s-10-biggest-oscar-snu

It wouldn't be difficult for Leonardo DiCaprio to find movie scripts set in the 1890s and 1900s, so if he wanted to, he could achieve the 165-year streak rather easily. Once he theoretically does, it would be very unlikely that any other actor could catch up to his record. Not many celebrities have an affinity for period pieces like DiCaprio does. Leonardo DiCaprio could push himself even further and set his streak back to 1800 — he already has the 1820s under his belt with The Revenant, after all.

Source

Never thought about it. Damn cool🔥

Jordan is starting wondering about the lack of promo for this movie and seemed a bit clueless about it just like Leo in the picture lol

Confirmed: No ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ at Telluride

8C965A83-4F18-4778-8F24-02797C538AC0.jpe

Yesterday I posted my Telluride predictions and, in the process, also acknowledged the possibility that Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” might show up. Well, scratch that off, it’s not going. It’s been confirmed by a knowledgeable source.

Consider me bewildered by Apple’s lack of interest in promoting ‘Killers’ at the fall fests. Are they just going to rely on the Cannes buzz from five months ago? That’s what it looks like. No Telluride, New York, or Toronto.

Of course the film will still be nominated for Oscars — a Best Picture nom is practically sealed. But why doesn’t Apple want to showcase what is a top-tier film? ‘Killers’ isn’t just a deeply penetrating drama, but it’s also a wildly entertaining one.

Most folks will likely get their first shot at seeing “Killers of the Flower Moon” in October, that’s when it gets released in theaters. It’ll eventually make its way to Apple TV a few months after that.

Better late than never I guess. Even though I can't imagine Leos mostly painful press tours make people want to watch his movies LOL

Studios Only Now Starting to Realize That Starless Marketing Impacts Grosses

Here’s an excerpt from a THR piece, titled Starless Publicity Campaigns Start to Impact Grosses, that has had the industry buzzing these last 24 hours:

A top marketing executive at another studio notes that no amount of paid advertising can make up for the kind of awareness a star can ignite if a personal social media post, interview or other promotional bit, goes viral. “Not having stars to do publicity for your movies is a huge detriment to the overall campaign,” says the exec. “You lose the cultural impact of having talent talk about the film. Some movies wouldn’t have worked anyway, but they had more of a shot.”

“The inability of stars to actively participate in the promotion of their films has definitely set the industry on edge,” says box office analyst Paul Dergarabedian of Comscore. “While the box office impact is difficult to quantify with mathematical certainty, there is no question that this time-honored tradition has value

Well, no sh*t. That’s the reason why SAG is refusing to have its actors do any kind of promotion for its movies, they want studios to start bleeding money.

You’re starting to see it with recent releases, like “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem,” not making as much as they should be. The THR report states that TMNT grossed 15% less than it should have due to its lack of promotion.

A month ago, I predicted the studios would compromise with the actors union in November and I stand by that assertion. This can’t really go on for many more months. November, tops!

31 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Jordan is starting wondering about the lack of promo for this movie and seemed a bit clueless about it just like Leo in the picture lol

Confirmed: No ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ at Telluride

8C965A83-4F18-4778-8F24-02797C538AC0.jpe

Yesterday I posted my Telluride predictions and, in the process, also acknowledged the possibility that Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” might show up. Well, scratch that off, it’s not going. It’s been confirmed by a knowledgeable source.

Consider me bewildered by Apple’s lack of interest in promoting ‘Killers’ at the fall fests. Are they just going to rely on the Cannes buzz from five months ago? That’s what it looks like. No Telluride, New York, or Toronto.

Of course the film will still be nominated for Oscars — a Best Picture nom is practically sealed. But why doesn’t Apple want to showcase what is a top-tier film? ‘Killers’ isn’t just a deeply penetrating drama, but it’s also a wildly entertaining one.

Most folks will likely get their first shot at seeing “Killers of the Flower Moon” in October, that’s when it gets released in theaters. It’ll eventually make its way to Apple TV a few months after that.

I share Jordan's bewilderment. I understand that KOFM has a TITANIC cast & director, but damn it you can't be so passive in promotion (even if the actors can't take part):no:

2 hours ago, TeaTime said:

It's funny that everyone here moved on from Gigi, except for you😂

The 1rst major delay. KOTFM remains untouched. Yet.

‘Dune: Part Two’ Delayed to 2024

A total shocker this evening. After much deliberation, Warner Bros has decided to delay “Dune: Part Two” to March 15th, 2024. That’s not even a set up for a Cannes premiere. They’re just releasing in early Spring.

The move takes “Dune: Part Two” out of the 2023 Oscar race. I’m guessing a few more titles will likely bow out in the coming weeks and months. Will “Napoleon” be next? There have been a few rumors about that one switching dates. Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” is said to be keeping its October 6 release.

2 hours ago, akatosh said:

The Aviator is my favourite.🛩️

I also voted for TA. Great movie and one of the best 00s performances of Leo :thumbsup: I also think the movie aged better than Departed did (maybe because it's a period drama). But Billy is still the hottest ☺️