Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

7 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Not gonna lie I would bang young Leo too 😁

Screenshot_20220214-212200_Instagram.thumb.jpg.cbec7d2163cfbe42c6595c272728f714.jpg

Oh don’t get me wrong, young Leo was very very cute and his hype is more justified than the white boy faves of today. Lol. But it reminds me of these tweets I posted in the general discussion thread:

2 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

There's a season 2? How many seasons? I'm on one, episode 4. Trixie is so sweet. That illustrious Los Angeles life reminds me of Leonardo so much. Fast cars, hill top real estate, get togethers, bantering, the life! In part, Hollywood is he.

The charm, the charisma, the slowness to get normal human interaction. Mostly because he doesn't have to. He is the star and everyone should love him because of it. High there up shining brightest of us all. 

Yeah, I can see the resemblance to Leo. 🙃 

On 2/12/2022 at 11:58 PM, YouNoMe said:

Looks like Leo is gonna be busy for the rest of this weekend as he was for the start of the week. 

Thanks @Lilja K, @akatosh, @kayy, @TheMisterMass, and @oxford25 for the articles, pictures, and info within the pictures.

@Mirella, my outlook for the film 🎥 is relatively the same, but what I can say is I love its take on morality. Most of Leonardo's films 🎥 cover that dichotomous topic of right and wrong. Much like Titanic 🚢 this film covers the selfishness and/or negligence of a small some, and the effects upon the innocent multitudes. Leonardo is a man of reprieve and rehabilitation.  

This Boy's Life

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Basketball Diaries

Total Eclipse

Man in the Iron Mask

The Beach 

The list is continuous. But just for the sake of message offered by DLU, it would be fine to see it victory what it has been offered. 

No problem. Several of Leo’s movies are connected if you think about it. I thought of this tweet:

I also loved that Tumblr gifset posted a few pages back about the theme of water in his movies. His characters have the worst luck in water lol.

7 hours ago, kayyy said:

No problem. Several of Leo’s movies are connected if you think about it. I thought of this tweet:

I also loved that Tumblr gifset posted a few pages back about the theme of water in his movies. His characters have the worst luck in water lol.

That makes so much sense. 😃 When you look at the three movies together. That is brilliant. 

On 2/12/2022 at 6:56 PM, Lilja K said:

I don't know how much of truth it is in this article but social media is overflowing with information on how hard it is in the "dating" or "hooking up" world today. 

The quantity over quality and drama that follows. I feel for every Tiktok story that comes up with either guy or girl telling a frustrating dating adventure. 

Why Don’t Look Up deserves to win Best Picture

A movie for fans of Earth, not critics of movies

DLU_20210115_10680_R.0.jpeg

TheThe 2022 Oscars ceremony is coming up on March 27, and 10 new movies are up for the Best Picture title: Belfast, CODA, Don’t Look Up, Drive My Car, Dune, King Richard, Licorice Pizza, Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog, and West Side Story. Each has its strengths and weaknesses, and any of them might end up winning big. In the lead-up to the Oscars, we’re making a case for why each of them might deserve to take the big prize.

WHAT’S THE MOVIE?

Don’t Look Up, directed by Adam McKay.

WHAT’S THE STORY?

Two astronomers (played by Jennifer Lawrence and Leonardo DiCaprio) make a horrifying discovery: a massive meteor is on a collision course with Earth, one that will cause the extinction of all life on the planet. This is followed by an even worse discovery: No one who can do anything about it cares. In a blunt satire of American politics, the meteor’s existence is politicized along party lines, and any sensible response quickly seems to fall out of reach.

WHAT’S THE CRED?

Star power and subject. DiCaprio and Lawrence are two huge Oscar-winning stars who have stayed out of the spotlight for a couple of years. Adam McKay has established himself as a purveyor of buzzy topical satire after winning the 2016 Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay with The Big Short. If you’re a voting body that believes movies can and should be popular and important, Don’t Look Up is an attractive proposition.

WHY SHOULD IT WIN?

Big-budget Hollywood productions have largely abandoned any sense of urgency beyond putting asses in seats for the next franchise installment. While cinema is full of vibrant, important films that streaming has made more accessible than ever, sensory overload abounds and awareness rarely extends beyond the Netflix queue. A win for Don’t Look Up isn’t necessarily an endorsement of its worldview, just an endorsement of the idea that Hollywood should put its effort into splashy films about relevant topics on platforms like Netflix, where the most people are likely to see them.

WHAT’S THE CATCH?

Well: Critics hate it. I should know, I am one. Don’t Look Up’s appeal is largely in its catharsis. It’s a movie made for people who see an obvious crisis and want to scream, so the movie screams with them. It’s less good at the satire it devotes most of its runtime to. This divide in sentiment has ironically led to a minor culture war (the sort that the film says is a big part of the problem) over how seriously you take the movie’s climate-change metaphor — or, in an unforeseen twist, whether you take the film as an allegory for vaccination against COVID-19. Win or lose, this well has been poisoned by the realities of social-media-driven discourse, and online skirmishes may break out again, regardless of whether the film wins big. It’s also worth noting that awards voters, who have no need to be as plugged into online discourse as the wider public and film critics, aren’t likely to take that into consideration.

ONE GREAT THING NO ONE SHOULD MISS

DLU_20210115_10788_R.JPG

Don’t Look Up’s best performance is easily Cate Blanchett as Brie Eventree, a daytime talk-show host with easy charm and a mean streak. Blanchett lights up the screen every time she appears, and her dynamic with Leonardo DiCaprio’s frumpy professor is the film’s most inspired pairing.

WHERE DO I WATCH IT?

Don’t Look Up is available to stream on Netflix. For the other nominees, check out our streaming guide to every 2022 Oscar nominee.

Source

@Jade Bahr thanks.

@LuckyGirl merci, for the interviews.

@kayyy and @oxford25 those pictures made my day. Can't you tell? 

IMG_20220215_160207.thumb.jpg.884e7dcb4df613e7780b7df29459a7ae.jpg

Anyway, @kayyy, yeah, I invariably fancy myself as dot connector . I speculate there is a story of amour in all of Leo's work. Diary entries 🚪 even. Ever notice all the social obstacles his characters face with their love interest(s)? Note how it's never a clear shot of boy meets girl and love blossoms? Or the appearance of a love story when arguably unnecessary to the plot? (Body of Lies). As mentioned previously, most of his work states redemption and specifies acceptance. Despite the initialisation of wickedness or excess or greed; somehow he softens towards the end. There are exemptions, but his character's falls are typically blended into the prevailing good. Let's face it Calvin Candie wouldn't have collapsed had it not been for his grotesque demand for approval, despite his violations and controversial achievements.  Acceptance seems key 🔑 in the actor's life. We all desire (it), but some are more intense on the matter than others. I've come to realise that Leo is diversified, but I observe that love and acceptance are his most consistent driving forces. Perpetually, hint Lucifer @Mirella.

Thanks, guys again for the updates. 

Leo was at Freize Art Fair yesterday ,  excerpts from LA Times & Art News

Welcome to an energized, eager edition of Frieze Los Angeles 2022.

The art fair — which relocated from its former home at Paramount Pictures Studios to a tent next to the Beverly Hilton — felt less celebrity-studded and Hollwoody this year. James Corden and Owen Wilson were among those roaming the tent floor when the fair opened, but there appeared to be fewer celebrities in attendance compared to previous years as the fair got underway.

(Kendall Jenner, Will Ferrell, Gwyneth Paltrow, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Pierce Brosnan showed up later.)

Sources tell us that, later in the day, the Oscar-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio, who was listed on ARTnews’s Top 200 Collectors list in 2016 and 2017, was strolling around the fair with an entourage that included his father George.

And thanks to , Barbie, for alert that Milano posted a pic from the fair

2022-02-18.png