Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

Some people don't see the magic of Leo I don't see anything special about Dwayne Johnson. Fight me.

27094.thumb.gif.c0e0e8fe5e199ff57b09ed8b208b1966.gif

Same. Netflix numbers and trends are so different from what I’m used to when a movie is released at the theaters. I’m having to readjust everything I know. For example, DLU is now at #4 on Netflix, but that means a different thing. Some of those viewing minutes are mine! I have had the movie playing on loop consistently as I do things around the house. 😂

Akatosh 

Tks for DLU interview :)

Love Jenelle Riley , she did that great one on one with Leo  years ago before the Oscars where she admitted she had taken a Xanax as she was so nervous about interviewing him 

Sugarwater  

Yes , I’ve done my fair share as well to add to those Netflix viewing hours :p 

Quentin Tarantino Teases OUATIH Spin-Off Book He’s Written About Rick Dalton – With A Meta Twist

Between his 2019 screen version of Once Upon A Time In Hollywood and the much-expanded novel version he published last year, Quentin Tarantino clearly loves the world he created in that film – an alt-history 1969 with perpetual golden sunsets, packed with familiar faces from Hollywood’s Golden Age, rubbing shoulders with Leonardo DiCaprio’s actor Rick Dalton and Brad Pitt’s stuntman Cliff Booth. And the writer-director is not done with it yet. Speaking to the Empire Podcast in a major new interview, Tarantino opened up about a whole new book he’s written involving Rick Dalton. “I probably need to punch it up a little bit,” he says, “but the body of it completely exists.”

We’ve long known that Tarantino has worked out complete histories for his OUATIH characters, imagining where they go after the movie ends – and he’s written up Rick’s entire filmography into one epic tome titled The Films Of Rick Dalton, taking inspiration from real-life movie guides. “You know in the ‘70s, you could get those books like The Films Of Charles Bronson, The Films Of Anthony Quinn? Well, this is that,” he explains. “It gives you a little quickie biography of his life. And then it starts going through the career: ‘…and then there's this episodic television show, and then this other television show, and then this movie, and that movie’, and starts with the small parts he has in this one, and it builds, with little reviews of each thing, little synopses of each of them. And it goes through the entire career until he retires in 1988.”

So far, so standard Tarantino movie-nerdery. Where it gets really wild is the story behind the book. The Films Of Rick Dalton – which Tarantino himself has written in real life – is, in-universe, also written by Quentin Tarantino. But not our present-day Tarantino – it’s written in the late ‘90s by the Tarantino that exists in the director’s own Hollywood alt-history. Ready to dive down the rabbit-hole? “That is written by me, by Quentin Tarantino, in 1999,” he says, elaborating on the full imagined backstory. “Because in this pretext, Rick retires and moves to Hawaii. And so I go, in 1998, to the Hawaii International Film Festival. I'm there, and Roger Ebert's there, and I’m seeing films. And then one of the festival people goes, ‘Hey, so is there anybody in Hawaii that you'd like to meet?’ You go, ‘Well, who's worth meeting here in Hawaii?’ ‘Well, Don Ho’s here, and this one is here, and that one's here. Rick Dalton's here…’ ‘Woah, woah, Rick Dalton? I wondered what the fuck happened to that guy!’ ‘Well, he retired in 1988, and him and his wife Francesca [Lorenza Izzo’s character, who Rick marries in the film], they moved to Hawaii…’

“So they arrange a lunch. He comes down to the hotel that I'm staying at, and there's Rick! He's about 40 pounds heavier, but there he is. So we have a ball, and he's a really nice fellow, and my movie shows and he comes to the screening. He shows up usually every year for a couple of screenings, he's long since retired – and I have such a good time with him that the next year, ’99, I arrange a Rick Dalton retrospective. We show some prints of his movies, have a nice little thing for him, and he likes that. And then that spurs me to write an appreciation of his career called ‘The Man Who Would Be McQueen: The Films Of Rick Dalton’. And so I write it, and it’s prefaced by this huge Q&A that I had with Rick at that time. It’s all written. It exists!”

So there you have it – one of the latest characters written by Tarantino is late-‘90s Tarantino, in a book all about Rick Dalton. By the sounds of it, The Films Of Rick Dalton should see the light of day eventually – though next up is his already-confirmed second book Cinema Speculation. “I think there’s a limited audience to it,” he admits of his Dalton filmography, “but everybody who likes Rick, and cares about Rick, and is interested in the trajectory of Rick and has now become invested in my alternative history of Hollywood… well, this takes the alternative history of Hollywood all the way to the bitter end.” You know what they say – when you absolutely, positively, have to know everything about the coolest Quentin Tarantino character in the room… accept no substitutes.

Listen to Empire’s full Quentin Tarantino interview now on the Empire Podcast – and listen to regular episodes arriving weekly on Fridays. The novel edition of Once Upon A Time In Hollywood is available now from all good book shops.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/quentin-tarantino-ouatih-spin-off-book-rick-dalton-exclusive/

Sadly Leo did not win the Golden Globe. Andrew Garfield won which is fine. I’m just hoping Leo will be nominated for the Oscar. I love seeing him live at the event.  Also he would have a record for 4 following performances being nominated.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed. 

7 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Great closeup pic of Leo with  Dua Lipa's Dad on New Year's Eve

2022-01-10 (2).png

Nice comment he posted with pic 

2022-01-10 (2).png

Thanks for the pic❤️

Dua's dad is absolutely right💯

Lots of backlash for Leo again these days at least this article is a bit funny with starting categorising the article under "transportation" lmao

Just Try to Keep Leonardo DiCaprio Off a Yacht, I Dare You

You can’t! Why would you want to?!

692761216_Screenshot2022-01-11at14-13-51JustTrytoKeepLeonardoDiCaprioOffaYachtIDareYou.thumb.png.0432dc3fba5825aeab6317bb314740c3.png

Did you have a nice little New Year’s holiday? Did you watch the whole of Real Housewives of Salt Lake City in one big gulp? Maybe you drove somewhere new since flying is so complicated these days. Off to a ski resort a few hours north as the interstate flies, hm? Spent a couple precious hours on this earth drying out cold, wet socks from the last run down the mountain, maybe? Well, that all sounds lovely, but unfortunately for mere mortals everywhere, it will never be as lovely as what Leonardo DiCaprio is up to. 

Leonardo DiCaprio! He of the movies fame. You know, Titanic. What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. Catch Me If You Can. The Revenant. Most recently, the Adam McKay’s Don’t Look Up. This guy, would you believe it, was on a yacht. Of course you believe it. This guy loves yachts. The man simply cannot get enough of them. He is like an oenophile, traversing the lands, grabbing up whatever fermented grapes Dionysus has left us down here. Like, if there is a rare and elegant wine, he’s tried it or wants to try it—but with yachts. 

So this week he’s been chartering Swiss billionaire Ernesto Bertarelli’s yacht, which is called Vava II, in St. Barts. The Vava II has its own Wikipedia page. It’s reported to cost $150 million and sleep about 50 guests and crew members, and frankly, that’s a lot for a boat! Those things are on water! 

Friend and capo of the fabled Pussy Posse Lukas Haas was there, as was DiCaprio’s girlfriend, 24-year-old Camila Morrone. Per the Daily Mail, they even went shopping with the editor in chief of British Vogue, Edward Enninful, which I imagine is something like shooting hoops with LeBron James.

Before all the shopping and the lounging on deck chairs with Haas and the strolling around St. Barts, DiCaprio celebrated New Year’s on the island alongside Jeff Bezos and partner Lauren Sanchez, Drake, and yacht owner himself Bertarelli. It is where this historic photo was taken.

Anyway, hope those socks dried out okay. 

Source

Congrats to DLU for regaining #1 spot :clap: :clap: 

Netflix Movies

Adam McKay’s “Don’t Look Up” takes a third week at #1 at Netflix, a rare accomplishment on a quick-turnover list. It’s an odd week at the streamer. After multiple weeks in which its original titles thrived, including Halle Berry’s “Bruised,” Sandra Bullock in “The Unforgivable,” and Maggie Gyllenhaal’s “The Lost Daughter

Most viewed, current ranking as of Monday, January 10; originals include both Netflix-produced and -acquired titles they initially presented in the U.S.

1. Don’t Look Up (2021 Netflix original)

2. Just Go With It (2011 theatrical release)

3. The Longest Yard (2005 theatrical release)

4. The Town (2010 theatrical release)

5. Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (2012 theatrical release)

6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005 theatrical release)

7. Girl Interrupted (1999 theatrical release)

8. First Sunday (2008 theatrical release)

9. The 300 (2007 theatrical release)

10. Braveheart (1995 theatrical release)

Liljak

Too funny and so true  :p

noticed the painted out Lucas Haas lol