Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

4 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Akatosh

Tks for GG nominations ,  Congrats to DLU : Leo, Jen, Film , screenplay :clap: 

It is a shame they won't have a televised event this year 

And I'm sure Ariana's fans are disappointed her song didn't get a nod for Best Song  

Sorry, but I don't like her song!!

55 minutes ago, kellybsblover said:

lol same---- Can I just stare at him for a split second from my tv screen. The cameras are always very generous to him when he does show up and I also watch to see who his date is going to be. I would say it could be a toss up between mama or Camila or both?

Don't worry. everyone is afraid of the new variant omicron! The ceremony may be online!!

Akastosh

Kate was nominated a few days ago for the Critics Choice tv awards , so , ideally, if Leo and Kate both attend the televised event on Jan 9th, we might see pix of them together :) 

Kellyb

I haven't watched King Richard yet on HBO Max , so I can't weigh in yet, if in my perception,   his performance was award worthy . But in general do I personally think Will is a strong an actor as Leo ? No 

Magical

I'm not personally a big fan of the DLU song either,  but I did see lots who thought it would receive nod as Best Song , if for no other reason then to lead to Ariana appearing at Oscars and helping to draw in a younger viewing audience 

I thought the song by Ariana was quite funny. I prefer No Time To Die for the win though. And the score for DLU by Nicholas Britell. 

oxford: So the Critics Choice Awards take place on the same day as the Golden Globes? Who planned these events?? I don’t care where I just want a kleo reunion 🤞 

Btw, am I the only one who was buffled by the cast of Leos adult sons in DLU? They truly looked like a mix of Leo and Melanie Lynskey especially the one with the glasses, holy crap :blink: :baronfaint:

Leonardo DiCaprio is Finally a Dad! In Satire “Don’t Look Up” He Plays the Father of Two Adult Sons

We’re still a ways off from getting into the nitty gritty of Adam McKay’s “Don’t Look Up.”

But while we wait, ponder this: Leonardo DiCaprio is now old enough to play the father of adult children. Believe it or not, and I can’t, Leo is now 47 years old.

Okay, I’m sitting down.

It was 30 years ago — like Adele’s 30 — when Leo was a teenager on “Growing Pains.”

It was 1993 when he broke through with the combination of “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?” and “This Boy’s Life.” I have a clear memory of interviewing Leo over lunch in 1993. I was 12, which means he was a baby.

Over the years, DiCaprio has played a lot of roles, but never an onscreen Dad, not even to small children. He won an Oscar for tousling with a bear. Maybe he had kids in “Wolf of Wall Street,” but his character was too high on Quaaludes to know who they were. In “Catch Me If You Can,” he was a son of Christopher Walken. In Scorsese films, he’s had a lot of  things to do, but nothing involved progeny.

And yet, as a respected astronomer and scientist in “Don’t Look Up,” Leo’s got two sons at home. The actors who play them are 25 years old. His character is also married to an age appropriate woman played Melanie Lynskey. Indeed, in “Don’t Look Up,” DiCaprio — who used to be The Kid — is sort of avuncular toward Timothee Chalamet. Think of this: Leo used to be Timothee Chalamet.

And so it goes, right? The circle of life.

PS It kind of makes sense if you think about it. DiCaprio’s most famous role was as Jack in “Titanic.” His love interest was Kate Winslet. In “Mare of Easttown,” Kate had a grandchild! Really, now I’m taking a nap!

Source

Some words of one of Leos on screen sons about his DLU on set expierence Conor Sweeney:

This whole experience has been more than I could have ever asked. I am so excited to share this movie with you all. I am honored, overwhelmed, overjoyed. My dreams have come true and I am pinching myself every day. I am so grateful.

Shooting this movie in the height of the second wave in early 2021 was a whirlwind. I isolated on Cape Cod for a month by myself to be extra safe, then a week in a hotel room, and then finally made it to set. And what a set it was.

Melanie Lynskey was the best scene partner an actor could ask for, so giving and caring and strong. Her performance is truly stunning, as she is. I am so lucky to know you. Leonardo DiCaprio was the best dad, leading us all into the ending with dad jokes and trivia. A true star. Jennifer Lawrence led with grace and power all while keeping it light and fun. She is truly a blast to work with and just as delightful as you would hope. Timothée Chalamet was the kindest, most generous actor and person whilst simultaneously making us all cry laughing from his improv. A truly special one. Rob Morgan taught me how much strength there is in stillness and how lucky we all are. He is a Force. And the best on screen brother, Robert Radochia, I’m so glad we got to go through this whirlwind together. You rock and I’m so pumped for the world to see. Adam McKay leads with humor, humility, and the desire to collaborate. He is a leader in all the greatest senses and I am so lucky he wanted to have me there and trusted me to play around with some of the greats. Wow.

I could keep going on and on, I am so stinkin excited. I love this movie so much and hope you do too. It’s hilarious, gut punching, filled with rage and with love. After living in my brain every day every hour for the past year, it is finally here, for you. I hope you enjoy ❤️ And remember, Just Look Up 🌏☄️👆

Source

wZLl6rya_t.png bAmrMHPa_t.png Q0hXZjLw_t.png LN7L3oIF_t.png 7Q4SjWQL_t.png EKNE0ZdZ_t.png

3 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Btw, am I the only one who was buffled by the cast of Leos adult sons in DLU? They truly looked like a mix of Leo and Melanie Lynskey especially the one with the glasses, holy crap :blink: :baronfaint:

Leonardo DiCaprio is Finally a Dad! In Satire “Don’t Look Up” He Plays the Father of Two Adult Sons

We’re still a ways off from getting into the nitty gritty of Adam McKay’s “Don’t Look Up.”

But while we wait, ponder this: Leonardo DiCaprio is now old enough to play the father of adult children. Believe it or not, and I can’t, Leo is now 47 years old.

Okay, I’m sitting down.

It was 30 years ago — like Adele’s 30 — when Leo was a teenager on “Growing Pains.”

It was 1993 when he broke through with the combination of “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?” and “This Boy’s Life.” I have a clear memory of interviewing Leo over lunch in 1993. I was 12, which means he was a baby.

Over the years, DiCaprio has played a lot of roles, but never an onscreen Dad, not even to small children. He won an Oscar for tousling with a bear. Maybe he had kids in “Wolf of Wall Street,” but his character was too high on Quaaludes to know who they were. In “Catch Me If You Can,” he was a son of Christopher Walken. In Scorsese films, he’s had a lot of  things to do, but nothing involved progeny.

And yet, as a respected astronomer and scientist in “Don’t Look Up,” Leo’s got two sons at home. The actors who play them are 25 years old. His character is also married to an age appropriate woman played Melanie Lynskey. Indeed, in “Don’t Look Up,” DiCaprio — who used to be The Kid — is sort of avuncular toward Timothee Chalamet. Think of this: Leo used to be Timothee Chalamet.

And so it goes, right? The circle of life.

PS It kind of makes sense if you think about it. DiCaprio’s most famous role was as Jack in “Titanic.” His love interest was Kate Winslet. In “Mare of Easttown,” Kate had a grandchild! Really, now I’m taking a nap!

Source

Some words of one of Leos on screen sons about his DLU on set expierence Conor Sweeney:

This whole experience has been more than I could have ever asked. I am so excited to share this movie with you all. I am honored, overwhelmed, overjoyed. My dreams have come true and I am pinching myself every day. I am so grateful.

Shooting this movie in the height of the second wave in early 2021 was a whirlwind. I isolated on Cape Cod for a month by myself to be extra safe, then a week in a hotel room, and then finally made it to set. And what a set it was.

Melanie Lynskey was the best scene partner an actor could ask for, so giving and caring and strong. Her performance is truly stunning, as she is. I am so lucky to know you. Leonardo DiCaprio was the best dad, leading us all into the ending with dad jokes and trivia. A true star. Jennifer Lawrence led with grace and power all while keeping it light and fun. She is truly a blast to work with and just as delightful as you would hope. Timothée Chalamet was the kindest, most generous actor and person whilst simultaneously making us all cry laughing from his improv. A truly special one. Rob Morgan taught me how much strength there is in stillness and how lucky we all are. He is a Force. And the best on screen brother, Robert Radochia, I’m so glad we got to go through this whirlwind together. You rock and I’m so pumped for the world to see. Adam McKay leads with humor, humility, and the desire to collaborate. He is a leader in all the greatest senses and I am so lucky he wanted to have me there and trusted me to play around with some of the greats. Wow.

I could keep going on and on, I am so stinkin excited. I love this movie so much and hope you do too. It’s hilarious, gut punching, filled with rage and with love. After living in my brain every day every hour for the past year, it is finally here, for you. I hope you enjoy ❤️ And remember, Just Look Up 🌏☄️👆

Source

wZLl6rya_t.png bAmrMHPa_t.png Q0hXZjLw_t.png LN7L3oIF_t.png 7Q4SjWQL_t.png EKNE0ZdZ_t.png

I'm not going to lie... I was a little bit freaked out to see him married to someone around his age with adult children. Sometimes I forget how old he is. 😅

Yes the son's were very fitting. It's really strange to see him as a dad of grown ups. He still looks younger than he is. I would love for him to be a real dad soon. He alsways seems so sweet with children😍 And we need a Leo jr. to swoon about in 20 years. Although I will always swoon about Leo. Even when he'll be 80😁

Akatosh

I have no idea why GG would select the same night as Critics Choice to  hold their awards event , but regarding the GG nominations I noticed yesterday the official DLU Twitter feed made no mention of GG film nods,  so I would speculate  the studio wants those who consider attending to attend the Critics Choice  :idk: 

As to Leo and Kate, yes,  it would be great if they were at same event,  but if you recall when Leo was nominated for BA at Critics Choice for OUATH , he didn't attend, so I have no idea if he'll attend if he is just part of ensemble nod ????

For us fans I hope the answer is YES  , but we'll just have to wait to Jan 9th to know :) 

19 minutes ago, akatosh said:

I would love for him to be a real dad soon. He alsways seems so sweet with children😍 And we need a Leo jr. to swoon about in 20 years. Although I will always swoon about Leo. Even when he'll be 80😁

Ditto👍😉

Big thanks everyone for the updates🌹