Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Have to post this because it's another proof the internet is full of shit and every moron is just buying it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: No wonder we are doomed.

Here's A Brief Explainer Debunking A Viral Story About Leonardo DiCaprio Taking His Girlfriend Camila Morrone On The "Worst Date Of My Life"

Not to be confused with the very real story of him making Jonah Hill watch "The Mandalorian."

Leonardo DiCaprio is a huge Star Wars nerd — new information to me, but I feel that it checks out.

leonardo-dicaprio-the-mandalorian-star-w

However, with that said, he did not, in fact, make his girlfriend sit through the entire franchise's movies, prompting her to call the experience the "worst date of my life."

camila-morrone-laechelt-in-die-kamera.jp

Let me backtrack a little: Last night, a satire page on Twitter with the handle @LeCinephiles tweeted a fake breaking news story about the Don't Look Up star. It read, "BREAKING: Leonardo DiCaprio’s ex-girlfriend, Camila Morrone details the 'worst date of my life' with the actor."

The tweet was accompanied by a fake quote: "He rented out a whole cinema, and made me watch every single Star Wars movie while he ran around with his lightsaber pretending to fight bad guys."

First, the 47-year-old A-lister is still presumably dating 24-year-old actor and model Camila Morrone.

sub-buzz-10026-1642270026-17.jpg?downsiz

They were first romantically linked back in 2017.

Second, in case you don't want to take me at my word, the page has reaffirmed multiple times that it's a satirical account.

sub-buzz-10056-1642270294-1.jpg?downsize

For example, it once tweeted about a new James Corden variant called "Cordiant" that "has unique symptoms, including the necessity to be unfunny, and the need to appear in every single Hollywood production."

Now, as far as celebs being absolute weirdos go, this is certainly not high on the list, and I can totally see why people would take it at face value. Also, objectively, picturing Leo running around a dark, empty theater making lightsaber noises is so hilarious, I desperately wish it were true.

ac_leonardoskywalker_comp.jpg?quality=90

And let's not forget, there's somewhat of a precedent: Jonah Hill recently revealed (in an actual interview with an actual magazine, namely W Mag) that his costar made him watch The Mandalorian while filming the Adam McKay satire.

sub-buzz-8921-1642270407-18.jpg?downsize

"And it was like, Baby Yoda was so cute, but I just didn't give a fuck because I didn't know anything that it was about," Jonah said, adding that he previously had a rule about not watching fantasy series because he would often "lose focus."

After the initial tweet from @LeCinephiles went viral, the account asked journalists to interview the star about the viral phenomenon.

By the looks of it on Twitter, both the real and fake Star Wars-themed stories seem to have elevated Leo's star status, as fans proclaimed their readiness for a marathon date.

But tell me, if Leo HAD rented out a movie theater and made you watch Star Wars (yes, I'm talking all 12 films), how would you feel about the date?

Source

LEO RECENTLY GAVE A ONE ON ONE INTERVIEW TO DEADLINE HOLLYWOOD, UNFORTUNATELY IT DIDN'T COME WITH NEW PHOTSHOOT :p

EXCLUSIVE: Perhaps no film on his list of narrative star vehicles has subject matter as near and dear to Leonardo DiCaprio as Don’t Look Up, the star-studded Adam McKay-directed Netflix satire that substitutes a metaphorical comet in place of the toll that the climate crisis is taking on the planet.

Since his Oscar-winning turn in The Revenant, DiCaprio has done in-person Deadline interviews for all his awards-season films. Because of Omicron, this one was done by phone. Here, DiCaprio assessed everything from awards season to moviegoing in the age of Covid, and yes, the real danger of global warming for those who missed the symbolism.

EONARDO DICAPRIO: Well, it’s been a lot more efficient and a lot easier in a lot of ways. The traveling around for publicity completely stopped. We did a little bit…we did a premiere in New York and that got shut down because Omicron was rising. But we all got to get together and have one sort of celebration, and we got to watch it in an audience, which was a great experience. I got to tell you, being able to watch these movies in the theater, there’s nothing like it. Really nothing like it.

DEADLINE: When might this go back to normal, or will there be a new normal with theatrical and streaming?

DLU_20201124_Pano_0037_R20210901-4563-1p

DICAPRIO: Without making a giant stance on all this, there’s obviously pros and cons to both. The pros being that I do feel like a lot of interesting ideas from the documentary perspective, from the limited series perspective, and from the independent film perspective, are getting financed. The flip side, how many people are actually going to the theater to not see major franchise films? That is very questionable for the future and I’m a huge advocate for having that communal audience experience. It is an art form at the end of the day, and to be able to walk, have that energy, and feel like you do when you’re going into a dark theater and possibly having a completely unique experience and then have that focus on a story for two-plus hours, is irreplaceable.

So, I have mixed feelings, but it certainly seems to be trending in the direction of, major studio tentpole films being able to last theatrically and like I said, the flipside is, there’s a lot more interesting things getting financed, that probably 10 or 15 years ago wouldn’t get financed.

DEADLINE: You work your way up to become one of the biggest box office stars in the world, and here you made Don’t Look Up for Netflix, and reunited with Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro in Killers of the Flower Moon, both for streamers. More evidence the world is upside down right now?

DICAPRIO: Well, Killers may still have a theatrical release, we’re still hoping for that. As much as I can, I want to do films that I and others can go to a theater and watch. I want to still achieve a component of that anytime I can. With certain films, that is much more difficult right now.

DEADLINE: Any feeling on how this will shake out?

DICAPRIO: There’s going to be a combination, I think. Hopefully, people will still want to go see films that they feel are engaging and interesting. I don’t think that’s ever going to go away. I don’t think the theatrical experience is ever going to go away. It’s just going to be different.

DEADLINE: I interviewed Adam before Don’t Look Up came out, and while he said that he’d been talking to you for a while, Jennifer Lawrence, Rob Morgan, Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Jonah Hill, Tyler Perry all committed before you did. Now, the way it usually goes is, okay, if you’ve got Leonardo, you got a movie and you cast around him. What were you waiting for while this process was going on?

DICAPRIO: To tell you the truth, there were some other films that were conflicting with it. But I’d always wanted to do a film about this subject matter. It is incredibly hard to tackle the subject matter over the climate crises in a two-, three-hour format. It’s something like a slow, deadly roll, as far as ramifications of climate to the environment. I really just felt like Adam cracked the code with this idea of it becoming a comet, and have society and the media and people make it a partisan issue.

And it was late because I wanted to make sure that we developed the character properly and that we worked on the story, which he was so completely open to. We did a lot of work on Dr. Mindy and the structure of the story. And then, at some point, you say to yourself, my God, this is such an insane time for the worldwide population to be communally experiencing the same thing, which is having to stay home because of microscopic germs, infecting the world population. We’re all feeling the same thing at the same time, and it just dawned on me, this is just so timely and such a lightning rod of an issue.

I was a huge Adam McKay fan and of course, working with that cast was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. But really at the end of the day, doing a movie about this subject matter at this time, there are very few movies historically like that. I was thinking of The Great Dictator. You know The Great Dictator?

DEADLINE: The 1940 film Charlie Chaplin wrote, directed and starred in that was a thinly veiled metaphor of the rise of Hitler and Nazism before WWII…

DICAPRIO: Yes. Then there are Network and Dr. Strangelove. There’s very few movies that really communicate a shared worldwide anxiety and experience like this, so I jumped on board in the height of Covid to do this movie and it was an incredible experience. Especially while we were watching so many things play out in real time. I just remember us being at that Bubba Gump-like Bojo Mambo’s Shrimp thing. Where I explained the science of what’s going to happen, what the president’s going to do, and then Jen’s character stands up and starts this riot. When we were literally hearing that that they’d stormed the Capitol! It was insane to have real life sort of play out. And as much as our script was this dark satire, to feel real-time ramifications of what was going on with Covid while we were doing this movie.

DEADLINE: You started a foundation a long time ago devoted to global warming and ecological issues. You’ve produced, narrated a lot of documentaries on global warming. When you were working on story with Adam, how much were you cognizant that hitting your passion issue too much on the head might polarize a partisan audience that thinks you’re making fun of them? There seem similarities to the Trump administration.

DLU_20210115_10680_R20211223-5469-4oe5q9

DICAPRIO: I give all credit to Adam for that. I tend to urge…I mean, I’m a big sort of biotech kind of guy, so I like to look at real life and history and what’s really happening. So, there were even points sort of like, okay, we’re talking about worldwide catastrophic events in the White House scene. Should we mention climate change? And I remember Adam being a real stickler for not wanting to hit people over the head with that issue. To stick to the parable with the comet and, with the political stuff, try to show both sides of how science has become politicized. For me, having done a lot of these documentaries, I had so many experiences with the communal frustration of the scientific community and got to meet so many amazing climate scientists that were so marginalized in the media. Who didn’t know how to navigate situations in which they are trying to articulate their expertise about the climate crisis, and then being put in a situation where they are, then, arguing the politics of it all.

And that’s what the fossil fuel industry has done so well. They’ve made what is 99 percent of the scientific community basically have to argue both sides of what is essentially fact. That man is contributing to carbon emission that is escalating the temperatures of our planet. For us to be able to give them a voice in a dramatic dark satire like this, and emulate that frustration, it was what I got most excited about 

DEADLINE: Your character has quite an arc, going from a married nerdy scientist studying gases on dead planets to become the Dr. Fauci-like face of the comet crisis, embraced as a sex symbol on social media and cavorting with the co-host [Cate Blanchett] of the popular morning show The Rip depicted, all while this six-month ticking clock winds down to what he knows will be a planet-killing collision with Earth. What about Dr. Randall Mindy was most palatable and challenging for you to play?

DICAPRIO: That was all tricky to navigate. As opposed to Jen’s character [PhD candidate and comet discoverer Kate Dibiasky], which is much more the Greta Thunberg, outspoken, sort of radical, here he is, put into this position where he is now being used as the government expert and the figurehead of the science in connection with the White House. And he loses his way. In a lot of ways, he becomes subject to, social media and the attention that he’s getting. And he loses his own identity in all of this, trying to play within the system and trying to work with the powers that be. And then, at some point, he realizes that they’re completely disconnected and he gets to a place of peace with the fact that, it’s out of his hands. Adam didn’t make both of these characters similar in that way and I just love that juxtaposition that he gave with both of them.

DEADLINE: Adam said that scene where you, Jennifer Lawrence and Rob Morgan are in the oval office with Meryl Streep and Jonah Hill, the first cut ran 16 minutes, full of improvisation. How comfortable are you improvising with the likes of Jonah Hill?

DICAPRIO: Well, Jonan and I did Wolf of Wall Street together, so I was heavily prepared…maybe not prepared, but heavily familiar with the genius of Jonah’s improvisational skills. Our characters had to go much more by the book, whereas Meryl’s character and Jonah’s character could literally, you know, take the scene in any direction that they wanted to. Our job was always to keep it back on track, relaying the science, relaying the urgency of the situation. I loved those experiences. Often, we’d spend a whole day just running one joke to see where it landed. That’s the brilliance of Jonah’s comedic talent, and Meryl was right there to match him, which was so amazing to watch. What was so interesting from an actor’s perspective was watching Meryl come in and Mark Rylance come in, Cate Blanchett and Tyler Perry, all come in with very little prep time and rehearsal. They’re literally thrown into a set where actors have established their characters and where everyone around them has these facemasks on, and hazmat suits, and we all just had to roll with it.

DLU_20201216_05154_R20210901-4470-4twcg2

But it gave an amazing spontaneity to each one of the scenes and it was a lot of fun. But rather than what Wolf was, which was a lot of improvisation between Jonah and myself, this for me was different. Other than the couple moments that Randall had on his own in those White House sequences, Jen and I had a pretty clear path of what we needed to do, which was stick to the urgency of the matter and get it back on track.

DEADLINE: Were you channeling the spirit of Howard Beale’s “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore” speech from Network in your character’s final appearance on the talk show that had turned him into a killer comet appeaser?

DICAPRIO: Yeah. I suppose there are certain sequences that always are lightning-rod scenes, and some that you have to just sort of organically roll with as an actor. Every time I do a movie, there are scenes that I become obsessive about, and that was one of them. And so, Amy Mainzer, who was our astronomer advisor and who was so incredible to me, helped me channel the frustration of what scientists feel, in a really profound way. We must have had 30, 40 conversations about it. She’s an astronomer but she’s also a climate advocate. Most astronomers are; they study outer space, but they’re incredibly concerned with what we’re doing to the atmosphere here.

She and I and Adam all worked together trying to really create a lightning-rod moment that what I felt was the turning point, certainly for my character and in a lot of ways the movie. Where the overwhelming frustration one must have with trying to get a message across and everything becoming a situation in which there are alternate facts. Climate scientists must feel this all the time. So yeah, of course, the Network moment was a huge inspiration for that. And something really took over that day and I tried to feel the passion that so many of these scientists feel about what we’re doing to planet Earth. That was it, really. We must have rewritten that, God, 40 times or something like that.

DEADLINE: Why?

DICAPRIO: Well, it was a lot of like, first, trying to establish what the science was, trying to talk about how the administration had messed things up. For Adam, it was a combination of the difference between relaying the science and bringing humanity to it. In a lot of ways, it was my character’s mental breakdown and the realization that he’d taken the wrong path. It was a lot of working with Adam to try to bring the humanity to it. I remember that day was, you know, he shot it. There were five or six television cameras and we did four different setups on all of it to get the tone right. It was a pretty emotionally exhausting day, but I’m so happy we worked on it that much.

DEADLINE: You were cool, calm and collected as you devoted your Oscar win speech for The Revenant to the climate crisis. At the risk of exhausting you further, take a moment to summon your inner Howard Beale and tell me where we are since then, and what is the biggest frustration on combating climate change? And if some of the masses who watch the film on Netflix wanted to do something, what should it be?

DICAPRIO: I’ve had two great passions in my life. That has been acting, and the protection of the natural world and getting the message out about the climate crisis. I’ve had a foundation for 20 years. I got to go to Glasgow. I got to see world leaders make some pretty substantial commitments, but much like this movie, there is a ticking clock. I think there’s a worldwide sense of anxiety about the fact that the powers that be, the private sector, governments, are not making the transition fast enough. We literally have a nine-year window.

So, this movie is certainly not that far off as far as the urgency of the matter. I think that a lot of this has been shrouded and complicated by fake scientists who have been hired by oil companies all the way back when Exxon found out about and tried to bury and distract from the evidence about the impacts of too much carbon in our atmosphere.

DLU_20210208_14352_R220211115-4503-wp6un

And there was also, you know, a period of time where it was put on individuals and consumers to recycle and buy hybrid cars and do changes in their own life, which is incredibly important. But when you really start to break this issue down, there are 100 companies which are producing 70 percent of the world’s emissions. There are massive industries that are polluting our atmosphere, and the private sector needs to step the hell up. Our governments, the governments of the world, need to work together as one communal species and we need to evolve as a species to tackle this issue.

And the main thing that it boils down to is, if you’re an individual, you, A, have to get involved. You have to vote for people that care about this issue and take science seriously. And we should not have any elected leaders, on a state level, on a city level, or a national level that don’t listen to science, especially in this country. By population, we are per capita the largest polluters in the world, and even scientists have been saying this for decades now. We need to set the example for the rest of the world to follow. We’re an incredibly rich nation and we need to make this transition. We’re all crossing our fingers that Biden can make one of the more substantial plans to at least implement renewables. So, vote. Vote for people that are sane.

DEADLINE: Last one. You say nine years. What happens if it is the same or worse by then?

DICAPRIO: I always say this when I’ve spoken to scientists, but the warming leads to more warming. If we reach this 1.5-degree threshold, where we hit that certain point in nature, there’s all kinds of lightning-rod points with methane and the tundra and warming of our oceans, the acidification of our oceans. Most of the carbon that we’ve emitted to the atmosphere, now has been absorbed by the oceans. We’re not even feeling the real impact of climate change yet and our oceans are now warming at record levels. Each year is getting hotter than the next, and that doesn’t stop. We’re not going to see that stop. So, to mitigate the climate crises, I mean, it is, don’t look up.

We’re really at that point of having to take major action as if it was World War II. I hear a lot of people say, technology is going to take care of this. Well, we’re running out time. We have answers with renewables and ways to make this transition, but the private sector and the governments of the world need to work together. And we, the people, need to make this…rather than it being number six or seven or eight on the list of priorities when it comes to elections, it’s got to be in the top two. When I say warming leads to more warming, it essentially means this. It ain’t going to get any better. It can only get worse.

DEADLINE: So the nine years you cite is the time before the damage is irreparable?

DICAPRIO: When we reach a threshold where the thawing of the ice and the tundra and Greenland and the arctic starts to release even more carbon…we’re already seeing it happen. That’s why this movie is so important. It is really the question of what the media prioritizes. I think that’s why this movie has been controversial and a lightning-rod show. Some people knew how to react to it, some didn’t, but I’ll tell you one thing. I’m very proud that it’s creating a conversation. The movie is being watched all over the world, and there is a feeling of anxiety amongst the world community about this issue. Who knows if a film can ever change anything ultimately, but I’m certainly proud to be a part of a piece of art like this. Like Jen Lawrence says in the movie, at least we tried.

Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys, I'm so crushed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Yesterday we lost a great human being and I think he would be ok when I call him a big Leo fan: French actor Gaspard Ulliel (37) died after a tragic skiing accident 😪

He worked with Marty on this Blue de Chanel commercial:

He talked several times about his admiration for Leo as an actor (even though he could be a bit critical lol):

1832167355_gaspardfranceameriquecover.jpg.8858041e9df2ee380ea8ea063648a5f0.jpg

In a completely different register, we find you this back to school in the advertising film for Bleu de Chanel perfume, directed by Martin Scorsese. How did you live this experience?

I worked with him for five days in New York. He took part in the project 100%, by sending visual references and a very detailed synopsis: photos of the young Stones or Bob Dylan, night images taken from his films with a slightly bluish grain... The brand of the big ones, it is this precision. He shoots few takes, he speaks very quickly, with 40,000 ideas per second... He's a real conductor, whom everyone follows to the note. There was an incredible energy on set, it was very lively. 

How was your first interview?

I arrived several days before the shooting and his schedule was so full that the meeting had to be rescheduled three or four times. I met him in his office one evening and it was amazing to see all his films piled up on the shelves! He even showed me a preview of Shutter Island in his screening room. There is a real sweetness in his eyes and his way of expressing himself. 

What's your favorite Scorsese movie?

Taxi Driver remains a strong memory. It was the first film of his that I saw, on VHS tape, in a hotel in New York, during one of the first trips I made alone. Recently, I discovered After Hours , one of his only commissioned feature films but which corresponds to his cinema with all the paranoia of the main character. 

And your favorite character?

The interpretations of Robert de Niro obviously amazed me, but also those of Leonardo DiCaprio, who brought something new to Scorsese's cinema. I had a little trouble with his image of a twink from the beginning, at the time of The Beach and Titanic . He knew how to evolve by the rigor of his choices and a subtle game. 

Source

He was at Leos Foundation Gala in 2016.

07-gaspard-ulliel.jpg

Source

(Sadly no pics of him and Leo together).

He left behind his longtime girlfriend model Gaëlle Piétri and their little son Orso (7). 💔

60dd72e40e.jpg

I know he wasn't that famous, but good god I had the biggest crush on him back in 2007 when he played young Hannibal Lecter in "Hannibal Rising". :baronfaint:😍

0bae72cee73026ac73edabcff0050ca4de573902

Critics didn't really like his performance but I think he was just brilliant (with only 22 he managed to fill the big footsteps of Anthony Hokins quite well in a foreign language in one scene he even sings in german).

b118d7208cce5ec01b7e74be20a45424ca9ded4f

Not gonna lie I even traveled to Paris with a friend to meet him :p Didn't happen and now it will never happen omg. 😰

His most beautiful movie is probably the french period drama "A Very Long Engagement" next to Audrey Tautou, Marion Cotillard and Jodie Foster.

73a7bfd9004947133e0464fd5c80ded44dda3d17

Gaspards own thread here in the forum is kinda dead -yeah not funny sry :cry2:- and I just wanted to give him the little tribute/last recognition he deserved. We lost a gifted young actor, truly beautiful inside and outside (I don't think I ever heard one single bad thing about him in all those years) and this whole tragedy is so fucking sad, senseless and heartbreaking I just wanna cry forever :cry:

cbfb492a7cd37f8e8ed4abddf11781bc13476490

8d32be3454c00f227c550569bec373b863206baa

f226101b51402641faca95a3a89bad0506174ab5

Source

Au revoir, Gaspard.

^When my best friend texted me like a maniac in the middle of the frickin night I thought for a horrible second something happened to a family member or Leo (who's basically family lol). What a terrible day. I'm exhausted. Sometimes I think I'm the silliest person ever being devistated over a strangers dead. But yeah it hurts and I will miss him forever.

Sry for spamming you, guys. I will stop now. Thx for listening/reading :heart:

Not sure if I get that list completely but I think it's the top 10 of most watched movies over christmas (in the US?).

Nielsen's movie streaming chart over Christmas week

1. Elf (Hulu), 782 million minutes viewed
2. Home Alone (Disney), 700 million minutes
3. Being the Ricardos* (Amazon), 604 million
4. Don’t Look Up* (Netflix), 521 million
5. How the Grinch Who Stole Christmas (Netflix), 453 million
6. It’s a Wonderful Life (Amazon), 435 million
7. Encanto (Disney+), 407 million
8. Home Alone 2: Lost in New New York (Disney+), 399 million
9. The Christmas Chronicles* (Netflix), 391 million
10. The Santa Claus (Netflix), 356 million

(...) Netflix and Adam McKay’s Don’t Look Up, which is competing with Being the Ricardos in this year’s awards race, also popped up on Nielsen’s top 10 chart for the week with 521 million minutes viewed.

However, Don’t Look Up didn’t begin streaming until Christmas Eve, making comparisons with Being the Ricardos difficult. Additionally, Nielsen will release revised viewership numbers for Don’t Look Up‘s first two days because of a glitch.

Either way, both films attracted strong numbers as the year-end holidays got underway in earnest.

Nielsen’s streaming ratings, which are delayed by four weeks, cover viewing on TV sets and don’t include content watched on computers or mobile devices. And they apply to the U.S. only.

Separately, Netflix numbers — which are more current and count hours instead of minutes — show that Don’t Look Up (350 million hours) is the streamer’s most viewed movie ever on its service in its  first 28 days behind Red Notice (364 million hours).

Full article

Did I got this right?  Leo was going to play both Randall Mindy and Peter Isherwell in DLU at some point???   :blink: 

Wheeler, a Boston-based theater actor who has been part of TV and film projects for about 15 years, didn’t interact with stars, but plays a mission coordinator on ground control when rockets are being launched into space.

“So I got a nice scene and I’m visible and have some fun stuff to do,” Wheeler said. When McKay asked for improv in that scene “he'd say ‘Say something like this’ or ‘Say something like that’ and they would keep the cameras rolling. And I would just throw out different stuff, and that makes it fun and more like a collaborative endeavor instead of just you do your lines and then you’re done.”

At one point, Wheeler said, he had another job on “Don’t Look Up”: doubling for DiCaprio.

Originally, the star was going to play both the astronomer and the billionaire role that went to Rylance, Wheeler said, and he went through costume, beard and wig fittings to act as DiCaprio's stand-in and switch roles for multiple scenes that the two characters were in together.

“It was going to be this amazing challenge,” he said, and laughed. “I’ll never be a leading man, but I was sort of going to get to play a leading man. You’d see my shoulder or you’d see my hair, but at least I’d be acting the scene.”

But “for whatever reason, I still don’t know to this day,” he said, 10 days before he was supposed to go into quarantine, the plan changed and DiCaprio stayed with the astronomer role and Rylance was added to the cast so Wheeler wasn’t needed. “So I unfortunately lost on that, but that's the way things go,” he said.

https://www.capecodtimes.com/story/entertainment/2022/01/21/movies-dont-look-up-the-gilded-age-spirited-others-with-cape-cod-actors/6576906001/

Thanks to ALL for latest Leo related news :flower: :flower: 

Barbie

Tks for video interview with Melanie talking about DLU 

I would have loved to seen her on stage with Leo  at one of the Q&A discussing their scenes like the pill throwing scene 

As to claim Leo was going to play both Mindy & Isherwall , when the original script first appeared at movie blogs the talk was Chris Evans was playing Isherwall

But for sure it seemed Rylance was a late add to cast , so , maybe , at one time there was an idea to have Leo do both parts :idk: 

Was this interview posted?

Working With Jennifer Lawrence A Dream Come True For Leonardo DiCaprio

Though it was released in 2021, Don’t Look Up continues to be 2022’s most buzzed-about film so far. Although a lot of that buzz is coming from the film’s topical plot, it certainly doesn’t hurt that it’s got a pair of Oscar winners in its lead roles. Jennifer Lawrence and Leonardo DiCaprio star in the movie, and it’s the first time these highly acclaimed actors have shared a screen together. For DiCaprio, the experience was definitely worth the wait, and he talked to us about why he enjoyed it so much. (Click on the media bar below to hear Leonardo DiCaprio)

https://www.hollywoodoutbreak.com/2022/01/19/working-with-jennifer-lawrence-a-dream-come-true-for-leonardo-dicaprio/

DLU_20201222_06338_R-scaled.jpg

‘Leonardo DiCaprio has no ego’: Himesh Patel

He was portrait of humility, claims Patel who worked with DiCaprio on ‘Don’t Look Up’

Getting to work with Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio has been a dream for many. Cambridgeshire-born Indian-origin actor Himesh Patel got lucky with Netflix’s recently-released ‘Don’t Look Up’, in which he shared screen space not only with DiCaprio but also with Jennifer Lawrence.

In an interview with ANI, Himesh reminisced about working with the stalwarts of the industry in the sci-fi drama.

“Leonardo and Jennifer are lovely people. I am still pinching myself thinking that I worked with them. They are generous. Also, it was wonderful to see actors of that level to remain humble and hardworking every time. Leonardo and Jennifer never brought any sort of ego to the sets in that way (despite their stardom)... and that’s what makes them such great actors,” he said.

Directed by Academy Award winner Adam McKay, ‘Don’t Look Up’ is a satire about climate change. The film centrally revolves around the story of two astronomers who discover that a comet is approaching Earth and would lead to the destruction of life as we know it.

While talking more about the film, Patel could not resist heaping praises on McKay.

“I think when you’re working with a filmmaker like Adam, you do what you need to do within the truth of the scene. And filmmaker like Adam will know exactly what he’s doing, and how it all fits together...you can really put your trust in a filmmaker like that. So, I was just doing what needed to be done and trusting Adam to steer the ship,” he added.

Source

Leonardo DiCaprio puts a nine-year ‘ticking clock’ on climate crisis- is he right?

The actor and environmentalist highlighted the importance of keeping global heating to 1.5 degrees Celsius

Leonardo DiCaprio has a warning for humanity, not unlike his scientist character in the Netflix film Don’t Look Up: something dangerous is hurtling imminently towards us, and we don’t have much time left to change things.

However instead of the film’s massive comet, it’s the climate crisis he wants us to pay attention to in the real world.

“I’ve had two great passions in my life. That has been acting, and the protection of the natural world and getting the message out about the climate crisis,” the Oscar winner told Deadline this week.

“I think there’s a worldwide sense of anxiety about the fact that the powers that be, the private sector, governments, are not making the transition fast enough. We literally have a nine-year window.”

It’s not the first time DiCaprio has spoken about the dire state of the climate. The actor is a United Nations climate ambassador and philanthropist who has spent tens of millions of dollars on environmental protections. (Though critics would note he also loves flying in private jets and partying on gas-guzzling mega-yachts.)

“Climate change is real, it is happening right now,” he told a global audience during his 2016 Oscars acceptance speech for Best Actor in The Revenant. “It is the most urgent threat facing our entire species and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating.”

Don’t Look Up, a thinly-veiled climate allegory with a single-week record of 152 million viewing hours on Netflix, has also provided the actor with a platform to advocate for global climate action.

DiCaprio warned this week of the serious global heating impacts beyond 1.5 degrees Celsius, the most ambitious temperature threshold outlined in the 2015 Paris Agreement among all nations.

“If we reach this 1.5-degree threshold, where we hit that certain point in nature, there’s all kinds of lightning-rod points with methane and the tundra and warming of our oceans, the acidification of our oceans,” he told Deadline.

He argued that the US has a special obligation to lead on climate because Americans are both disproportionately rich and disproportionately big polluters.

Does Leo have a point? Are we really screwed unless everything changes in nine years? We decided to ask some climate experts.

First things first, the 1.Celsius (C) bit. That number comes from the Paris deal and represents the aspirational target of the global agreement which seeks to hold warming below 2C.

Estimates vary, but the scientists of the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the world’s foremost authority on the crisis, suggest we could hit 1.5 C by the early 2030s. The World Meteorological Organization also found that there’s a 40 per cent chance of hitting the threshold within the next five years.

Even if the average global temperature is held to around 1.5C (above preindustrial times), humanity will continue to experience severe impacts including deadly heatwaves, flash floods and more powerful hurricanes.

“With every additional increment of global warming, changes in extremes continue to become larger,” the IPCC stated last year.

It’s just a matter of severity. At 2C, there is the threat of twice the sea-level rise compared to at 1.5C, and three times as many people around the world facing severe heatwaves.

These climate benchmarks are important but shouldn’t obscure the fact that the crisis is already well underway, says Kristie Ebi, a professor of global health at the University of Washington who studies climate impacts.

“We’re already on track. We’re already seeing far too many people suffer and die in heat waves,” she told The Independent, recounting the horrors of 2021’s brutal “heat dome” in the Pacific Northwest which killed an estimated 600 people and more than 1 billion marine animals.

The oppressive heatwave caused a 69-fold increase in people seeking hospital care, she said, as well as crop failure and the decimation of coastal shellfish populations important to Native American tribes in the region.

Each incremental increase in climate change will cause further harm, she says, and it’s important to remember that they will not be shared equally. The most vulnerable will be hit the hardest.

“The Earth is going to be fine,” she said. “The question is what’s going to happen to us. The Earth will pull through and eventually ecosystems will evolve into different kinds of ecosystems. It’s really what we are doing to ourselves.”

Noah Diffenbaugh, a professor of Earth system science at Stanford University, agrees. People need only to look at decreasing snowpacks, unprecedented weather events, and numerous other signs to see the climate crisis affecting them now - not in nine years.

The Earth is a dynamic system, he says. Global climate policy, climate change, and its impacts interact with each other elliptically. Further, climate features like permafrost, polar ice sheets, and snow melt have non-linear properties. In other words, once pushed to certain tipping points, they will start producing exponentially more dangerous climate impacts in a negative feedback loop.

“The question of how much time do we have is really a question of how do we supply the global energy needs for the world population, for the energy that’s necessary for wellbeing, while reducing emissions and reaching net zero, while also adapting to the climate change that’s already happened and the further climate change that will happen along the way,” he says.

“Each one of those is a grand challenge in and of itself. Doing all three simultaneously is what is required to manage the accelerating risks of global warming.”

Hard lines and targets matter less than doing everything in our power to become more sustainable, as soon as possible.

“There are no bright lines in terms of global temperature,” he said. “Even if we hold warming to 1.5 or 2C, that’s more than we already have. That’s more climate change, and we can expect more impacts than we already have, which highlights the role of both mitigation and adaptation.”

Trying to communicate the complexity of this can be a challenge, he added, and he empathized with DiCaprio’s character, Dr Randall Mindy, in Don’t Look Up.

“I recognize a lot of the challenges in communicating both what is understood and what is uncertain,” Diffenbaugh said.

But no matter if you’re a climate researcher or a world-famous actor, the science is clear. We need to act now. We don’t have nine years to waste.

Source

Spider-Man is my favorite Marvel hero so I'm still kinda okay if that crazy cameo would happen :rofl: Not that I really believe it but it would be the most epic cameo ever happen in marvel cinema history.

bobbyart-asset.jpg?1618168223

Doctor Strange 2: Leonardo DiCaprio Trends After Being Included in 'Leaked' Cast List

The leak claims Leo is playing a variant version of Spider-Man.

I think we can all agree that Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is one of the most theory-driven Marvel films we've had in quite a while and the amount of fan theories and rumors surrounding the Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen team-up project is insane, to say the least. Now, one crazy rumor is spreading like wildfire across social media and it concerns a certain actor who almost played an iconic Marvel superhero.

An alleged end credits crawl recently "leaked" online and it features a jaw-dropping list of actors who are rumored to be involved in the project, including Don't Look Up star Leonardo DiCaprio who is said to be playing a variant Spider-Man. To those unaware, Leo was set to star in James Cameron's scrapped Spidey film from the late '90s, a project that would later spawn Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy starring Tobey Maguire.

Other actors included in the list are Hugh Jackman, Chris Evans, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Sophie Turner, Jessica Alba, Ben Stiller, Ben Affleck, and Henry Cavill. Check it out here:

Source