Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

36 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

How do you even know he is like that? I mean the only Leo we know (mostly) is the public version he decided to give us (after Titanic).

Honestly I think he's nothing like this serious person/actor in his private environment.

I agree. In this podcast Leo talks about lots of personal stuff. Not about love but still this gives us a little insight into the private Leo only his family and friends know. We even get to know what his first car was. I love these kind of longer conversations where Leo sometimes seems to forget he's doing an interview and opens up a bit.

You can also hear Leo's cute laugh a couple of times 🥰

Not sure what any of you know about what is going on in Northeastern Oklahoma regarding COVID-19 right now, but in the last few weeks we have shot up into the high critical range with no ICU hospital beds available within the four state area. Children’s units are filling up too. We have around 1000 new cases a day again. Luckily, everyone wears masks on set and is tested daily, but if anyone gets hurt on set, or sick, there really is no place for them to go. Hopefully, everyone stays safe. 

36 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

Not sure what any of you know about what is going on in Northeastern Oklahoma regarding COVID-19 right now, but in the last few weeks we have shot up into the high critical range with no ICU hospital beds available within the four state area. Children’s units are filling up too. We have around 1000 new cases a day again. Luckily, everyone wears masks on set and is tested daily, but if anyone gets hurt on set, or sick, there really is no place for them to go. Hopefully, everyone stays safe. 

Sorry to hear that and that children is so affected. I think we all hope for this pandemic to go away soon. ❤

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

July 22, 2021

Male Nurses or EMTs 
Needed for Major Feature Film 

Caucasian male nurses or professional EMTs are needed in upcoming scenes in a major motion picture, currently shooting in northern Oklahoma. 

The male nurses need to be thin and strong. Actual male nurses or EMT professionals are preferred. They must be a coat size 40-42. No exceptions.

Filming will be August 4-5, during the evening and likely late into the night. They will also be required to attend a rehearsal sometime during the day on July 31. Attendance on all three days is mandatory.

6 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

How do you even know he is like that? I mean the only Leo we know (mostly) is the public version he decided to give us (after Titanic). But it's just an image.

Honestly I think he's nothing like this serious person/actor in his private environment.

Can I do a Leo strategy and not answer sed question? Have it on my list of thing we don't talk about 😛 I also want an image strategy. I am in great need of improving mine. 😂 Or I just copying Leo's. Number one thing to think about: don't talk about love. 

I have a fairly good picture of most people even if I don't know them. Leo included. Not saying I can't be wrong or that people can't surprise me. 🙃 I love when that happens. 

fuWTJfAAYcPXOwccKU.thumb.gif.9431ae58a36dc8c7b855a598b9f9d34b.gif

Watching Quentin's interview made me think of people's reactions to her character in the movie. 

The few I saw thought that she wasn't important and couldn't see why he wanted her character in it. 

But how would the movie be without her and her story? If we don't add anything and only cut her out. What I understand is she represents the future and coming out of the dark with hope. That fleeting, quiet element we can't reach but know is there. 

That moves us forward. Or as Quentin says: the beating heart. 

Mirella,

I didn't watch the interview you posted, but from what I think I learned from other OUATIH press junkets, Sharon (Tate) is the body of transition for that era of Hollywood. She encapsulated a budding flower 🌸 on untrenched territory. OUATIH forced me to investigate Sharon the person, rather than settle for remnants of hearsay about Sharon the victim. Because someone decided to share their space and gift to reiterate the significance of being, a human, regardless of status is gone, as the rhythm of life goes, but unforgotten, just as the responsibility of generations demands. That, I believe, is the duty of memory, of recounts, of presence, of being, of film making and Quentin (Tarantino) is one of few who has satisfied that demand. 

Hi everyone 

I’ve been trying to watch the documentary that was released yesterday about the making of the departed I’m 100% sure that I downloaded it but now can’t seem to find it and been looking for it online and couldn’t find it, is there anyone who can help me with this?😭

6 minutes ago, LuckyGirl said:

Hi everyone 

I’ve been trying to watch the documentary that was released yesterday about the making of the departed I’m 100% sure that I downloaded it but now can’t seem to find it and been looking for it online and couldn’t find it, is there anyone who can help me with this?😭

Oh thank god, I found it, sorry 

9 hours ago, YouNoMe said:

Mirella,

I didn't watch the interview you posted, but from what I think I learned from other OUATIH press junkets, Sharon (Tate) is the body of transition for that era of Hollywood. She encapsulated a budding flower 🌸 on untrenched territory. OUATIH forced me to investigate Sharon the person, rather than settle for remnants of hearsay about Sharon the victim. Because someone decided to share their space and gift to reiterate the significance of being, a human, regardless of status is gone, as the rhythm of life goes, but unforgotten, just as the responsibility of generations demands. That, I believe, is the duty of memory, of recounts, of presence, of being, of film making and Quentin (Tarantino) is one of few who has satisfied that demand. 

Just out of curiosity. Why didn't you watch the interview? 🙃 

When Quentin started to look into her as a person he found that she was lovely but seemed too good to be true. What did you think? 

7 hours ago, LuckyGirl said:

the documentary that was released yesterday about the making of the departed

There is a new doc? Can you share it pls???

Just because I love every detail of his handsome beautiful expressive face :heart:

LEONARDO DICAPRIO as RICK DALTON in ONCE UPON A TIME... IN HOLLYWOOD (2019) dir. quentin tarantino

bdb20cc0e16749173e4b6f96b421af6d3cddecc6

1f2bd6a10a7873fe09a4b8d6ed3281a703b1be4e

c96ed8e01b29859aefb56e0ef4bca956cd8d5de2

80c93ce9153377a197023bb145036545e4126892

9f59b9a05d3456115775a436c0c74f116606d2df

Source

OUATIH is becoming easily one of my favorite Leo movies ever. Beautiful words about Sharon @YouNoMe

Very interesting article about Leo lookalike Ben Cornish and how it impact his whole life and how Leo impact people's life all over the world. It's a really touching read.

'I'm a Leonardo DiCaprio Lookalike—I've Been Mobbed By Fans'

12496387_747010358732600_162451677868188

As early as 1993, when the movie What's Eating Gilbert Grape came out, people started telling me I looked like this kid, Leonardo DiCaprio. When I saw the movie myself, I could see it. From that point, as Leo became more famous, more and more people mentioned the resemblance between us. Then, Titanic happened. I was in my early 20s living in San Francisco and would notice the occasional group of tourists following me down the street when I was running errands or I'd be out at a bar with my friends and catch folks staring at me strangely across the bar. Everywhere I would go people would tell me I looked like him and that just kept building.

I moved to LA in 2003 and started to audition for work as an actor. As Leo's career continued to ascend, the comments about our similarities began to happen daily. I would get stopped at the supermarket, I couldn't really go anywhere without being mistaken for him.

I was booking roles in movies and TV shows like The Dark Knight Rises and Shameless, and it was always commented upon on set or in a casting office. I never really knew what to make of it. Oftentimes when people would tell me that I looked like Leo I would say thank you and they'd rush to tell me that it was a good thing. They could see I looked a little crestfallen, because you want to be seen as yourself.

Then in 2012, I was approached to audition for a role that impersonated Leo in Scary Movie 5. I got the part and went from never having impersonated Leo to taking a crash course in being him. I had his wardrobe and had hair and makeup, and even got to work with one of his vocal coaches. I had an absolute blast filming that movie.

After that, emails started coming in from people saying they had seen me in the movie and asking me to come to do a trade show in Dublin, Ireland as Leo or drive to Palm Springs to host a Great Gatsby party. I'd never thought of myself as an impersonator but I just decided, why not give it a try?

Working as a Leo lookalike has always been incredibly positive and fun and you never know what type of unique gig you will be asked to do next. For instance, I've done weddings where the best man will say he has a surprise and that a friend from Hollywood is showing up. I walk in and everyone gasps. I go halfway through a toast as Leo and then I tell the guests that I'm not really him but I do wish the couple a wonderful life together. Afterwards, I walk around the wedding and take pictures with everybody.

In 2017, I was asked to be part of a performance art piece called MANICOMIO! by Dora Budor at the Freize New York art festival. I walked around the festival in character as Jordan Belfort from The Wolf of Wall Street. I would be on a call as Belfort and then at random points I would walk out with a microphone and pretend everyone there was traders and do the big speech from the movie. Visitors would be confused at first about what was happening, then a couple of people would start to get it, and eventually a huge crowd would form. By the end of the speech they'd be clapping and cheering as if they were the traders in the film. It was such an amazing and surreal project to be a part of.

ben-cornish-leonardo-dicaprio-lookalike.

Ben Cornish played Leonardo DiCaprio in the movie Scary Movie 5 in 2012 and began working as a lookalike shortly afterwards.

Something I often do is to work at Leo's house in Palm Springs. He owns this unbelievable estate and probably spends a few weeks there a year, so the rest of the time a real estate company rents it out for corporate events or private use. If a company is renting the property for a corporate retreat they are offered the chance to book me as Leo or Jay Gatsby to greet everyone as they come in, give them a tour of Leo's property and take photos. It's a treat for me as it's one of the most beautiful houses I've ever been in.

It is strange to be touring people through Leo's estate though. I've been doing this lookalike work for a number of years and, truthfully, it never gets less weird. But I try to have a sense of humor about it. All I can do is look like him and let people have a really good time with it.

I tell people that it's as if I get to spend two hours looking at life through Leo's eyes. People are so excited and warm, and that's men and women, older and younger folks. I look at my face in the mirror every day and I don't get all that excited, but somehow, when I do these events, something special happens.

To be in the presence of "Leo" is so exciting for people. So, I try to be present and a good listener and conversationalist. There is an overwhelming level of attention, often groups of ladies asking questions and wanting selfies. They'll say how much they love Leo and how he was their first crush, but usually people are very respectful. On that level it doesn't get awkward, and thankfully never gets to the point where I have to say: "Sorry, I'm married!"

Although I never pretend to be Leo in my real life, the resemblance does impact me. There are days in normal life where I'm stopped ten times, and there are places where I don't want to go. I do my best to have a hat on or not slick my hair back or not wear clothes Leo would typically wear.

ben-cornish-leonardo-dicaprio-lookalike. ben-cornish-leonardo-dicaprio-lookalike.

There have been a number of times in LA when I have walked into a restaurant with my wife and the maître d' has gotten a little flustered and said they have a private table for me, and every time I go through airport security, without fail, I get stopped by the officer and told I look like "that guy from that boat movie."

Once, I was on vacation at Istanbul airport and I got surrounded by a Japanese tour group. There were dozens of girls asking me to sign their autograph books. I kept saying I was sorry and that I had played him in films but wasn't actually Leo. But I don't think they understood what I was saying because of the language barrier between us and they persisted. Finally, I thought if I signed my own name it would be OK. So I went around and signed their books as Ben Cornish and said goodbye. Another time, I was walking through the streets of Hong Kong after an event and a woman burst into tears and hugged me. I tried to tell her I'm not Leo but she was absolutely convinced. So I agreed to take a photo with her and I think it made her day.

I've never met Leo but I have met many people who have worked directly with him or work for him. I met a guy who has worked as his stand in for more than 10 years. They are friends and he told me Leo is the nicest, funniest, most down to earth guy. You hear that from everyone, which is cool. I think he's been told about me, for example, when I've worked at his house or at the Frieze event.

ben-cornish-leonardo-dicaprio-lookalike.

Ben Cornish has worked at events all over the world as a Leonardo DiCaprio lookalike.

I was asked to be his photo double in the movie The Revenant. A photo double is typically used in wide shots when the actor is far off in the distance or perhaps when just the back or side of the actor's head is visible in a given shot but the actual actor can't be there, so you need to look very similar.

It was filmed in Canada over several months during the winter. There would have been hours of hair and make up and crawling around in the snow. I'd just gotten engaged and I had a pretty good life in LA, so while I would have loved to work with Leo and that fantastic team, at that juncture I decided to stay in LA.

I really try to only take bookings that show Leo in a really positive light and are in no way exploitative. Sometimes lookalikes can try to pull one over on people and never reveal that they aren't the celebrity, or accept money for something that makes fun of the actual celebrity themselves.

I see it that I'm very lucky to be able to do these events, have these adventures and get paid for them, so I try to respect the fact that it's a result of Leo's great work and talent. I turn a lot of requests down; anything I think Leo wouldn't be too psyched for me to do.

When I was younger I think I had a harder time with looking like Leo. Sometimes I'd meet people and I didn't think they were seeing me, they were just seeing the resemblance to Leo. There were times I'd have conversations with people and feel like they were talking at me or looking through me, and I think every person wants to be seen and known for who they really are. But what's been fun is playing him in films and doing all of these crazy events and I feel I've been able to flip that sense of not being seen on its head, in a way.

I have realized that when I go to an event, most people there want to feel seen. I get to have all these people approach me with big grins, blushing and sometimes even with tears in their eyes and I am able to see how Leo has affected people's lives in such a deep way through cinema. For those people to get the sense they are being seen by Leo, someone they admire so much, is very satisfying to me.

So in those scenarios I don't really care that they don't see Ben, because I'm giving them something. And, in my normal life, I'm very lucky to have a big loving family and close friends who have known me for years and never see me as Leo.

When I filmed Scary Movie 5, the producer David Zucker, who is a terrific guy, became a friend. At the end of the shoot he said, "you know Ben, when we first met, all I could see was Leo. It kind of bowled me over how much you looked like him. But after three weeks of getting to know you, all I can see is Ben." That was wonderful.

So, I think I've made peace with where looking like Leo fits into my life. I get to do so many unbelievably crazy, fun trips. It's a unique blessing that you just have to see as a gift.

Source

Article about a  Texas artist who working with Scorsese on KOTFM

At same time if you recall a while back we had a sighting of Leo at a sushi restaurant in Tulsa ,  well , it seems they winded  up at same restaurant that night , and Leo did join his table 

https://www.papercitymag.com/culture/killers-flower-moon-movie-dallas-painter-marlowe-monfort-hermanovski/?fbclid=IwAR0SU1wRvYDjoHJb3LAeuSdqDOqRfFDMZUeXkyZ_-2oplY6RIajyASVrOwk

Sushi With Leo

Working on the set of Killers of the Flower Moon takes things up a notch. After all, she is working with Scorsese and true A-list stars, including Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert De Niro. Still, Hermanovski doesn’t flinch when it comes to Hollywood luminaries.

They’re just people who are trying to tell a story, she says.

“I did end up eating in a sushi restaurant in Tulsa, and it just happened Leonardo DiCaprio was going to eat also, “ Hermanovski says. “That night, Leonardo actually did sit at our table. It was weird because it was strangely normal. It was just like meeting a friend of a friend. That’s what it felt like.

“We talked about the documentary, My Octopus Teacher. He was just a normal person who was also looking for good places to eat while he was here, which has been a trial.”

Lucky Girl

Re Departed documentary : Is this some older documentary that was just released again?

As  I saw an article last year , see below , about release of a documentary that was done in 2005  

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/05/departed-set-documentary-scorsese-at-work-1202231189/

As back when it was first released , there was this behind the scene video 

And then this  deleted scene video

You can't read enough about Leo doing something good for the world :heart:

Aussie Ark and Leonardo DiCaprio's Re:wild aim to save the parma wallaby

This parma wallaby looks a bit peeved.

Perhaps that's because it's a vulnerable species in NSW. Or, maybe it's still getting over the bushfires.

Do not fear little marsupial, help is at hand. [Well, maybe fear a bit. That'll help you survive]

Conservation organisations WildArk, Aussie Ark and Re:wild have given $15,736 to University of Newcastle researchers for a project on how parma wallabies survived the Black Summer bushfires.

Aussie Ark, as you may have heard, is doing great work at Barrington Tops, running a wildlife sanctuary that's fenced to keep out predators, weeds and disease.

With the threats removed, native species get the chance to survive and thrive in a more natural environment.

Aussie Ark said the parma wallaby - which grows to about 52cm long - was "one of the most poorly known mammals in Australia".

r0_0_2048_1365_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Survival: University of Newcastle researchers are examining how the vulnerable parma wallaby survived the fires.

"This species has disappeared from the north of its range, and 70 per cent of its distribution was affected by the Black Summer fires of 2019/20. It is critical to assess the status of the species, its distribution and factors impacting this."

The researchers aim to study parma wallaby movement patterns in burnt and unburnt areas, and how this affects corridors they use, diet and stress levels.

Aussie Ark drew international attention when Hollywood superstar Leonardo DiCaprio pledged $1 million through the US-based organisation Global Wildlife Conservation, following the devastating bushfires in Australia.

Re:wild, which Aussie Ark is connected with, was founded by DiCaprio and a group of renowned conservation scientists.

In battling Australia's extinction crisis, Aussie Ark provides sanctuary for threatened species such as the Tasmanian devil, eastern quoll, long-nosed potoroo and brush-tailed rock wallaby. In a similar vein, Re:wild protects and restores the wild.

"We have a singular and powerful focus: the wild as the most effective solution to the interconnected climate, biodiversity and pandemic crises," Re:wild states.

"The wild is extraordinary. Beyond its colourful animals, plants, fungi and mesmerising landscapes, what makes the wild so powerful is that it exists around and within us all. It isn't restricted by political borders."

Re:Wild believes the wild is for everyone.

"The wild is alive beneath the cool shade of a tree at the end of the block, just as it is in the most untamed parts of the Amazon.

"Our livelihood and the health of our planet depends on the wild. We all play a role in protecting it. We don't need to reinvent the planet. We just need to rewild it."

Source

Brad and Leo from bffs to lovers LOL :p

1584386295_Screenshot2021-07-26at13-57-44Iconic(cineiconic)Instagram-Fotosund-Videos.thumb.png.d51cbbf4593722f0ad2b80f90de7693f.png

Clip: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CRhQCk5n-1b/

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

July 26, 2021

Nurses Needed Friday 
for Major Feature Film 

Caucasian nurses are needed this Friday, July 30, in upcoming scenes in a major motion picture, currently shooting in northern Oklahoma. 

For authenticity, the production is looking for actual nurses with professional nursing experience. Please only submit if you are a licensed or Registered nurse.

In addition to filming, candidates will also be required to attend a costume fitting early this week.

Filming will be in the Fairfax, OK area.

The film takes place in the1920s. Since the film has a period look, anyone submitting cannot have contemporary hair styles. Hair must be natural color--no dyes or highlights. 

Also, due to period clothing, candidates should have a dress size between 2-8. Production does not have nursing uniforms over a size 8.