Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leo lover: thanks to share, very interesting edit I would say...    :blush:

Great news for Once.    :clap:

Box Office Milestone: 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood' Crosses $200M Globally

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood has zoomed past the $200 million mark at the global box office, a feat accomplished by only one other original film this year.

Through Thursday, Quentin Tarantino's ninth film — starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt — stood at $208.5 million worldwide (by Sunday, that number should approach $250 million).

That's not the only milestone Tarantino and Sony are celebrating. Today, the film is passing up Inglourious Basterds ($120.8 million) in North America to rank as the director's second-biggest film domestically behind Django Unchained ($162.8 million), not adjusted for inflation. And it's also passing up Pulp Fiction ($212 million) globally, not adjusted for inflation.

Further, Once Upon a Time is one of the most successful films of all time about Hollywood behind La La Land and Argo.

In an era when franchises and branded IP dominate, filmmaker Jordan Peele and Universal's profit monster Us ($254.7 million) is the only other original movie this year to have earned $200 million or more at the global box office.

Analysts predict that Once Upon a Time will ultimately earn between $375 million and $400 million globally, ahead of Inglourious Basterds ($316.9 million).

The big question is whether Tarantino's ode to old Hollywood can catch Django, which earned a career-best $425.4 million for the filmmaker following its December 2012 release. (Django likewise starred DiCaprio.)

Once Upon a Time began rolling out in earnest overseas last weekend, so has plenty of gas left in the tank in terms of its international run. Major markets yet to open include Japan (Aug. 30), Italy (Sept. 18) and South Korea (Sept. 26). There's no word yet on a China release date. China's Bona Film Group co-financed Once Upon a Time and is handling distribution duties in such Asian markets as Hong Kong.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/once-a-time-hollywood-box-office-crosses-200m-globally-1234303

Barbie

So VERY glad you finally got to see Rick & Cliff :hug:

Besides the scenes you mentioned, I , also , liked the scene between Rick & Cliff discussing what time Cliff would be picking him up the next morning 

It was obvious that Rick was the type to never be on time , so Cliff was reminding him that a 7:00

pickup actually meant him out of the door & in car at that time :p 

I felt the  final scene gave Sharon , her unborn child , and her friends the ‘hope’ of tomorrow , that was so horribly denied them 

Plus it gave Rick a new sense of ‘hope’ about his career 

He realized in his exchange with Jay , that just as he thought it was a ‘big deal’ to be living next to Roman & Sharon , they thought it was a big deal to be living next to Rick Dalton 

And when Sharon introduces him to her friend , she mentions what a good actor he is , reminding Rick he is a ‘good actor’ when he gives his career the ‘effort & commitment ‘ Mirabella mentioned

Sap675

It’s already 2:05 am Monday morning in Japan , so even if premiere is at night, we don’t have much longer to wait to see Once premiere pix & vids :clap: 

Barbie

Yes , I would have liked more scenes of Leo & Brad interacting , they have great chemistry

:thumbsup: 

Hi all 

I'm going to watch Once for the fourth time tomorrow 😁

I can say that the first time I watched it I didn't really liked it but maaaaaan the 2nd time it became a whole different experience and I can say that it may be my 2nd favourite movie of Leo 

The movie is soooooo unique and interesting and it has so many layers and even the people who are critizing margot for her role that it's so minimal I found it very effective and there's a purpose from it 

The acting is SUPERB especially our man  🤩 

And I hate to mention these stuff but he really deserves at least an oscar nomination 

That scene in his trailer is pure genius 

And his scene with brad when he left his meeting with Pacino where he cries and the scene with the little girl is just amazing 

In regards to the ending I think yeah I agree it gave Rick hope but has anyone thought of what happened to cliff? I think that they didn't separate cause Rick decided to end there collaboration cause he's out of work and might not be able to afford him which is beyond his control but then in the end he meets sharon which means that he might get roles so he can hire cliff as a driver etc but not as a stunt double due to his injury 

Idk what do you guys think? 

Thanks leolover for the insta post! Leo and love scenes, hell yeah! I want more :wub6yh2cm:  

Thanks Barbie for the article and insta post of Leo and Brad! Those two have such awesome chemistry!

Thanks ox for the news regarding Earth Alliance and their donation to help with what’s happening in the Amazon. 

9 hours ago, sap675 said:

Hope we get too see new 📸and🎥 from Japan soon

:56608ac1cc5a3_smilynewone: Yessss!

Once premiere  correction/  update 

Is now Monday 26th 10:49 am in Japan 

So premiere has yet to happen 

Lucky

I think Rick would have employed Cliff in some capacity for sure 

As they were already like brothers & after experiencing what they just had & coming out alive , I feel, it would have brought them even closer 

I'm crazy to watch the movie again and pay attention to all the details I probably missed in the first time.

Also, guys, I wanted to ask if you felt the same way as me when you left the theater, I was certainly pleased with the movie, but everytime I thought about the movie after I had seen I liked more, more and more. Did you felt this way too?