Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Idk this probably means nothing but Valentina Michetti (member of Leo's group, close friends with Emily Mace and Bar Refaeli) posted on Ophelies Instagram it was great meeting her last night, hope She has a safe trip to Milan and see you soon. Probably nothing and just being friendly but just throwing it out there... :p I can move this to the GD thread later if y'all would like :p 

Going by this pix that was  just posted , it seems Leo is now in NY :p 

Also it appears from article below that Indonesia has changed their view of Leo's recent visit /comments

UPDATE: Sunday, Apr. 3 (3:38 p.m. ET) - Indonesian officials are backtracking on a previous threat to bar Leonardo DiCaprio over his criticism of rainforest destruction in Sumatra.

According to People, a top government official is instead inviting the actor/activist to work with the government to address his concerns.

"My view is that DiCaprio's concerns are both sincere and substantial, and he has certainly acted in good faith," Siti Nurbaya, Indonesia's minister of the environment and forestry, told foresthints.news. "In fact, we largely share his concerns on this matter.

He adds: "In light of this and to reciprocate his sincerity and good intentions, I am open to working together with DiCaprio in a joint effort whereby both of us can have our concerns addressed, including those that pertain to the Leuser Ecosystem."

http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_188364/indonesian-government-threatens-to-ban-leonardo-dicaprio-over-rainforest-protests/celebs  

Thanks Oxford for the news, good to hear. The whole deportation claims were disheartening to me, so I'm glad they are backtracking themselves :)

but in reality this whole thing is a good thing in the sense that it's bringing more attention to Leo's environmental efforts ;) 

Thanks @oxford25 for the NY pic, but don't know that it's new, it was posted over 2 hours ago, and it definitely wasn't dark over there then :idk:  I'm from Michigan and it certainly wasn't dark here two hours ago ;) 

It's nice the Indonesian Government had a change of heart :whistle: 

New LA  Leo pix

Kat

Yes, since we have a new LA pix we know for sure that guy was posting an older pix of Leo on the streets of NY :p 

Tks  , also, for Daily Mail /Formula E pix

Fash

For sure via Leo's efforts many worthwhile causes are getting needed attention :) 

6 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Kat

Yes, I think it is Valentina as well :) 

Now I'm not so sure it is, Valentina has a much sharper chin than she does....but oh well, I give up keeping up with all these brunettes around Leo these days. It's not normal, I"m not used to it :rofl: 

Bruno Mars just won for best collaboration at IHeartRadio  Awards and he thanked Leo

Bruno Mars @BrunoMars 13m13 minutes ago

Bruno Mars Retweeted iHeartRadio

I love you @iHeartRadio! I love you hooligans! love you Sriracha. I love you @LeoDiCaprio. Thinking of u @holyfield 

Kat

Tks for another Leo/Indonesian pix , as well as,  Revenant pix ; I can't wait to have my own dvd :)

Great article about Leo being unique :thumbsup:

Celebrity Substance: Leonardo DiCaprio

Six-time Academy Award nominee and recent winner, Leonardo DiCaprio, has dedicated his life to making bold movies and telling great stories. He has been an actor since he was a teenager, and from his first films set the bar for the complexity of the characters he plays, the quality of director he works with and the stories he wants to tell. Nominated for his first Academy Award at 19 for What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, he continues to build on his early success by taking on ambitious characters and stories. DiCaprio is an example of consistent professional excellence and how outstanding work will create a legacy that is more impactful than an individual award ever will be. Here are a few things we can learn from DiCaprio’s career:

960x0.jpg

Have Principles

DiCaprio is determined to only work on projects he is passionate about, and only work with people in cinema who are innovators, and pushing the boundaries of the art form. He has had the same principles since the beginning his career, and he has never compromised them. Ultimately it paid off, and as a consequence DiCaprio will be (perhaps already is) a Hollywood icon.

He discussed his thought process on projects ]with the Telegraph, how he promised himself he would be consistent and stick with his ideals,“I get unhappy doing things that I’m not passionate about, because I feel like I’m squandering this incredible gift I’ve been given to finance films. As soon as my name alone was enough to make this happen, I vowed to myself that I was going to work with directors who were changing cinema, doing something important, you know? This goes back to when I was a teenager, feverishly watching movies like Taxi Driver and Apocalypse Now and saying to myself, someday, I’m going to be a part of films like this.”

Your Choices Define Your Work

DiCaprio lived his principles by working with innovative directors and only working on projects he was passionate about, and he built a legacy as one of the greatest actors of his generation. With so much polarization in the funding for films currently in Hollywood, many actors strike a balance between indie movies to satisfy their creative needs, and big budget movies to make a good paycheck. DiCaprio has taken smaller paychecks to work on particular projects, but doesn’t have to make the choices other actors do. When DiCaprio decides to do a movie, it has the financial backing of a studio–it’s rare he has to take a paycut. He’s never done a superhero movie, or any movie just for the money since he has not had to.

Very few actors have had a career as diverse or as versatile as he has, and he was guided by his principles- his work reflects them.

He told Timeout London, “You know, the truth is that my attitude about the films I want to make has never changed. I made the same choices when I was 15 that I make now.”

Don’t Let Anything Limit You

Since he broke out as a star in Romeo & Juliet and Titanic, DiCaprio has been an A-list celebrity. For many celebrities the media attention has a significant impact on how they see themselves, and therefore the roles they ultimately choose to play. In a conversation with Wired, DiCaprio discussed how he doesn’t let the media attention impact how he leads his life, or how he does his job. “It’s part of my life as long as I choose to do what I do as a profession, and I love what I do. I think I survive because I don’t limit myself. If there’s some experience I want to have or a place I want to go, I do it. I think that’s how I bring some semblance of normality to my life.”

Source