Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Lots of wonderful reviews from Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Total Film, etc of the film and Leo's performance

They can be found at Twitter or Google for those interested :)

Love this description of Leo's performance from Variety

Even Gordon Gekko looks like a veritable lap dog compared to Jordan Belfort, the self-proclaimed “Wolf of Wall Street” whose coked-up, pill-popping, high-rolling shenanigans made him a multi-millionaire at age 26, a convicted felon a decade later, and a bestselling author and motivational speaker a decade after that. Now, Belfort’s riches-to-slightly-less-riches tale has been brought to the screen by no less a connoisseur of charismatic sociopaths than Martin Scorsese, and the result is a big, unruly bacchanal of a movie that huffs and puffs and nearly blows its own house down, but holds together by sheer virtue of its furious filmmaking energy and a Leonardo DiCaprio star turn so electric it could wake the dead

Can't wait to see tonight's Wolf premiere pix !

17259111_Untitled.png

Rosco

As much as we've seen Leo wear the same shirts/shoes more than once , it may well be the same shirt :p

That shirt he's wearing with Marty. Is that the same one he wore on the hollywood reporter with Clint Eastwood?

Ox: Love that the reviews are coming back mostly positive. The NY post has got a pretty harsh review of the film, so far thats been among the few negative. And with so many award noms so far, its great its getting an overwhelmingly positive review! :dance:

Found this on Instagram, I think its a fan pic from when he was in Ibiza this summer!

1.jpg

I found that, from Variety ! :)

But a talented performer can do much to camouflage such shortcomings, and that’s precisely what DiCaprio does here. A reliably good actor who too often shows you all the hard, technical work he’s put into creating a character, the DiCaprio of “Wolf” seems loose and uninhibited and freed of premeditated mannerisms. In his fifth collaboration with Scorsese, he’s a constant joy to watch, whether crawling across the floor like a baby while his bombshell second wife (appealing Australian newcomer Margot Robbie, who deserves more screen time) engages in a particularly cruel form of cock-blocking, or rallying his disciples with an impassioned variation on Gekko’s “Greed Is Good” speech. DiCaprio doesn’t just play this part; he inhales it, along with everything else that goes up Belfort’s nose and into his bloodstream.

http://variety.com/2013/film/reviews/film-review-the-wolf-of-wall-street-1200940974/

And also from the Hollywood Reporter : 

This is undoubtedly DiCaprio's largest and best screen performance, one in which he lets loose as he never has before, is not protective of vanity or a sense of cool and, one feels, gets completely to the bottom of his character. Caution was not an option with this characterization; the word does not exist for the actor or the character.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/wolf-wall-street/review/665394

Fash

Sorry , yes, I know see it was Kat ; trying to do too much multi tasking :p

Yes, I can't wait to see the pix of Leo from Vanity Fair ; I wonder if it is part of their annual Oscar issue or a separate interview with him ?

Marjo

Yes. there a lots of positive comments about Leo in the various reviews :Y)

Marjo

Tks for more links ; and definitely agree avoid the 21 scenes if you don't want to know too much about film :)

Fash

Yes, I just hope the tweet is accurate , and if then I guess we just have to wait and see is it a Leo interview or Leo as part of their Oscar coverage :)

Woooooooooooow new clip of Wolf, soooooooooooo funny can't waaaaaaaaaait : D http://www.hulu.com/watch/572933?playlist_id=1031&asset_scope=all

(But what, for one second Leo's sitting and the next one he is standing?? Haha I think what some people wrote was right, it seems that there are a few scenes not really well adjusted each other! (Idk if it's a correct english, so sorry, hope you'll understand what i mean!))

Award Circuit review of Leo's performance

A lot of the credit of the film’s overall success has to be awarded to Leonardo DiCaprio. I’ve never seen him truly “go for it” in a way that he exhibits as Jordan Belfort. In his breaking of the fourth wall, to his long but completely engaging monologues about life, money, and greed, it’s the most assured and compelling work by the actor to date. When DiCaprio unleashed his talents in the mid-90′s in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape? and later stole the hearts of tween girls everywhere in Titanic, who knew this is the role he’d been gearing up to play. This is the role of his career and something that the Academy Awards should look to for his long overdue recognition. It’s a charming and adventurous turn that presents a conundrum to the audience as we find ourselves both enamored and loathing the pure essence of Jordan. A sequence of DiCaprio crawling on the floor will probably be the scene of the year. This is DiCaprio’s crowning achievement.

Thank you ladies for all the pictures, clips, reviews and more!! I can't wait to see footage from tonight's NYC premiere. :woot: I was hoping for a live feed of the red carpet but I guess not. :/

About 16 reviews are up on Rotten Tomatoes. So far it has a 89% rating!! Here is the link to read them:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_wolf_of_wall_street_2013/