Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Kat

Tks for tweet :)

I sure do hope that tweet you found is right ; I love Leo's GQ covers :)

However, I do notice she is talking about the Korean GQ issue, and sometimes they have older pix of Leo on foreign covers .

Caroline Robianto@sergeantkero

trust me the GQ Korea Nov 2012 will be gone in no time. Suju's DongHae is in it too.. ELF+VIP = CRAZY SALES. hahahaha

Kat & Barbie

I'm wondering of Leo will do a cover/interview for Django since his is just a supporting role ??

For sure I can see fantastic cover/spread for Gatsby , but not as sure we'll see a big interview/cover with Django since Jamie is really the lead character.

Kat & Barbie

I'm wondering of Leo will do a cover/interview for Django since his is just a supporting role ??

For sure I can see fantastic cover/spread for Gatsby , but not as sure we'll see a big interview/cover with Django since Jamie is really the lead character.

well we know he'll be doing interviews for mags....and I bet he does one cover. His role is very anticipated, and if they want to hype up the role even more leo will probably do a cover ;) Maybe not as many as he would normally do in a staring role!

Predictably, awards season begins with almost every major category either being characterized as too competitive or more wide open then you could possibly imagine. The 2012 best supporting actor field is somehow an intriguing mix of both (at the moment).

On the one hand, there seem to be surefire bets such as Alan Arkin's entertaining turn in "Argo," Philip Seymour Hoffman's monstrous work in "The Master" and Tommy Lee Jones' acclaimed turn in "Lincoln." If you are to take those three as expected locks -- for argument's sake, of course -- that leaves two slots open and here's where the fun begins. The competition for these final honorees may actually be more competitive than the battle for swing states on Nov. 6. With that in mind, HitFix's awards experts have run down these year's diverse field providing the pros and cons for each possible contender.

Leonardo DiCaprio - 'Django Unchained'

Pro: Getting to play a dynamic, charismatic character in a Quentin Tarantino movie has certainly been beneficial for actors in the past. Just ask Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster and Christoph Waltz. Plus, goodwill for DiCaprio has been swirling for years as he's racked up three nominations in his time.

Con: Then again, he's been snubbed his fair share, too. Outstanding work in films like "The Departed" and "Shutter Island" went unnoticed and he was never really even in the conversation for Best Picture nominee "Inception." We also don't quite know what to make of Tarantino's western yet, or how co-star Christoph Waltz will figure into the picture.

http://www.hitfix.com/awards-campaign/2012-best-supporting-actor-oscar-contenders-leonardo-dicaprio-and-tom-hanks-round-out-a-crowded-field

I love his GQ shoots but I hope he does a different magazine this time around - like Interview or....like....Details? IDK. I mean, he should also do GQ too so we can get even more magazines... lol. But I want him to do something different this time around!

Thanks for everything posted :)

DiCaprio, Hardy & Maguire are Making TWO Anti-Poaching Films

Remember the awesome news back in late-August that Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, and Tobey Macguire were uniting for an anti-poaching drama? The untitled Warner Brothers film, based on an idea from Hardy, will revolve around animal trafficking and the special forces units in in South Africa and other countries fighting to prevent it from happening.

For animal rights orgs fighting to bring awareness to this crisis, this development from three Hollywood heavyweights was amazing. How could it possibly get any better? Justin Bieber. How about two films?

Various sources are reporting that the first film, written by Sheldon Turner (“Up In The Air”) and produced by Maguire and DiCaprio, will be the film that’s partially-based on Hardy’s friends in the anti-poaching special forces.

“The untitled film is set in Africa and the aim is for Hardy to play a former Special Forces soldier who signs on with a friend to work in the bush, training rangers to fight off the poachers decimating the rhino and elephant populations in Zimbabwe. The soldier falls in love with the land, and the animals he is trying to save. Given his skill set, this spells bad news for the poachers.”

The second film in development will embrace a “Traffic”-style multi-stranded storyline, and follow “the trafficking industry that exploits the global market for illicit parts from slain animals that are used as aphrodisiacs and other ridiculous purposes.”

According to Deadline, this one might involve all three actors onscreen. Even better, it may also focus on ocean poaching.

“There is no writer on the second film, but the studio feels it is rich terrain and gets to the heart of an illicit industry by telling stories from several perspectives,” “They range from the back-room dealings of corrupt executives, to a portrait of the life of a poacher, to others involved in the underbelly of a global scourge that occurs not only in the jungles but also the oceans, where illegal shark fishing runs rampant.”

Absolutely incredible. And with DiCaprio, Hardy, and Maguire all engaged and informed Hollywood actors when it comes to animal poaching, you can believe that these two films will accurately hit a homerun on the issues. We can’t wait.

--

Woohoo :clap:

Thanks for the news girls :hug:

Got excited there Kat, but as you say, I'm pretty sure we'll see some nice magazine shoots in the future :)

Os so Leo will do a cover in November this year? I'd really like to see something new and like Oxford,I also love his GQ covers! :woot:

Tks for the information Kat! :flower:

You know girls,I think that Leo will be the biggest name in Django Unchained and I'm sure he may overshadow the other actors. I'm not disparaging the other actors,but I feel like Calvin Candie will be one of the biggest roles of his career... :hehe:

Nice photo gallery of Leo through the years from UK Glamour issue

http://www.glamourma...image-number=26

Leo/magazine coverage for Django

Agree that certainly Leo is the most well known worldwide actor in the film, so he definitely would be the 'selling point/attraction' you would want to make all aware of , even if he is not the lead actor in the film.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see ;hoping for new pix /new interviews from a Leo fan view :p

ByPrincess

Yes, I could deal with the recent lack of set pix if there were offset by some new candids ; but recently we've had neither ; we might need to consider hiring our own photographer to get the job done ! :thumbsup:

Kat

Tks for Oscar /supporting article ; considering that Harvey is ,also, behind Master it will be interesting to see 'who' he pushes for the win :p

Wijn

Tks for another article about poaching film project :)

^I'm sure we'll be getting a candie poster very soon :D And about mags...I think leo will at least do one cover..because the way they've been hyping his character in the film, it would benefit leo and the movie :D Thanks Girl and thanks Ox for the glamour pics of leos hair through the years.

Pami and Barbie:Noticed the scars too :p

And random sighting of the day...Leo in Dublin? :blink:

EVERY WEEKDAY MORNING, the Daily Edge rounds up the best of the day’s celebrity dirt from the top to the very bottom. Here’s The Dredge.

Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston is due to arrive in Dublin today to promote his latest film Argo, and no doubt hear ‘Howayeh Walter?’ shouted at him at least 17 times.

He’ll be in the Savoy Cinema on O’Connell Street tomorrow at 7pm to introduce the Irish premiere of the film, which is directed by Ben Affleck and also stars Alan Arkin and John Goodman.

Here at The Daily Edge we also received a report yesterday that Leonardo DiCaprio had been spotted in the city centre, on Mount Street to be exact. If Bryan Cranston and Leo end up hanging out together in Dublin we need to be there, preferably swapping phone numbers and generally becoming best mates.

That’s if it was in fact Leonardo DiCaprio. It may have been his Irish cousin Leonardo McCaprio. If you see either of them, let us know ([email protected]).

http://thedailyedge....ce=twitter_self