Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I think there are soo many things that contribute to awards success. Once is far more likely to receive noms in other major categories than Joker. Plus it’s a film about Hollywood. Last year A star is born has so much buzz surrounding it after awards season but the buzz died down by the time the Oscars came around.

I imagine when the awards campaigning for Once builds, so will the conversation of Leo and Brads performances.

9 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

Well, I have not seen all Joaquin latest movies, but the ones I saw I think he was amazing, especially in Her, and he's a great actor. As for his personal life, being mysterious or not, Leo is not much different honestly, and it seems Joaquin is doing great, he's now engaged to actress Rooney Mara and seems happy, just my opinion. 

I think Leo will get nominated for Golden Globes, possibly Oscars too, and he for sure is deserving of any award he might win for OUATIH, but honestly, I think this next season is going to be Joaquin's season, I might be wrong, who knows? but that's how I feel. 

I know Joaquin has some good performances like in Gladiator and walk the line but I think his roles in the master, and the one that came in 2018 he played an agent or something like that I dont remember its name and the joker (of course I haven't seen it but from the trailer you get the type of role ) are all similar to each other and his movie the sisters brother was shit and her I find it the only role of him that is different but his other roles are quite similar so I dont know why they would give him the oscar for this cuz it's not that different kf course I might see the movie and change my opinion but for now I don't get the buzz about him 

As far as being mysterious I didn't mean in terms of being private because to me I find being private and not sharing personal details is very respectful and if joaquin is like that then this is an admiring thing but what I meant is when goes to interviews wearing sunglasses and having a long beard and speaking nonsense and making people think that he might be high that's what I meant by him being mysterious I find him attention seeker again I know that is just my opinion and it's not gonna change anything and not that important but I just dont want leo to lose the oscar for him it would be ok with me if he lost it for William Dafoe for example or deniro but not joaquin 

AGAIN that's just my opinion 

41 minutes ago, LuckyGirl said:

I know Joaquin has some good performances like in Gladiator and walk the line but I think his roles in the master, and the one that came in 2018 he played an agent or something like that I dont remember its name and the joker (of course I haven't seen it but from the trailer you get the type of role ) are all similar to each other and his movie the sisters brother was shit and her I find it the only role of him that is different but his other roles are quite similar so I dont know why they would give him the oscar for this cuz it's not that different kf course I might see the movie and change my opinion but for now I don't get the buzz about him 

As far as being mysterious I didn't mean in terms of being private because to me I find being private and not sharing personal details is very respectful and if joaquin is like that then this is an admiring thing but what I meant is when goes to interviews wearing sunglasses and having a long beard and speaking nonsense and making people think that he might be high that's what I meant by him being mysterious I find him attention seeker again I know that is just my opinion and it's not gonna change anything and not that important but I just dont want leo to lose the oscar for him it would be ok with me if he lost it for William Dafoe for example or deniro but not joaquin 

AGAIN that's just my opinion 

All right, thanks for your opinion, it's cool to read other people points of view.  :thumbs_up:   I just think Joker is an iconic role itself and if the movie and his performance are soo good as they are saying, it creates a LOT of buzz. 

3 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

All right, thanks for your opinion, it's cool to read other people points of view.  :thumbs_up:   I just think Joker is an iconic role itself and if the movie and his performance are soo good as they are saying, it creates a LOT of buzz. 

The joker is an amazing and interesting  character but Heath Ledger sat the bar so high for other actors to play it again now whether Joaquin would be as good as ledger remains to be seen but I think in order for him to win he would have to surpass ledger and that is tough and thank YOU for sharing your opinion🤗

2 hours ago, kellybsblover said:

Just my two cents but I find Joaquin and Johnny Depp to be two actors I've always wanted to see win an Oscar. As much as I want Leo to win again I would be ok with Mr. Phoenix winning. I don't think anyone comes close to Leo's level of talent though.

Leo is just something else ❤️

When it comes to Joaquin Phoenix being weird all I can think is heck, his brother died in front of his eyes. Probably more than this he saw over years how his brothers life was falling apart and he could nothing do for him. Of course he isn't normal. I will never forget this horrible emergency phone call where he tried to save his brothers life :shocking: Lately with Rooney Mara on his side he seems in great spirit.

To the oscar buzz: There seem many great movies/performances this year. Beside from Leo, Phoenix and Driver, Christian Bale seems to give a strong perfomance in Ford v. Ferrari. I wouldn't even rule out Tom Hanks (A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood) or Antonio Banderas (Pain and Glory).

Spoiler

Some experts doesn't even have Leo on their lists, just saying.

From JJ: Leonardo DiCaprio Announces Support of Two Humanitarian Relief Organizations After Hurricane Dorian

Leonardo DiCaprio is providing his support.

The 44-year-old Once Upon a Time in Hollywood star announced on Tuesday (September 10) his support of two organizations working on humanitarian relief and biodiversity protection in the Bahamas following the devastation of Hurricane Dorian.

“The Bahamas needs our help. Please join me in donating to the urgent humanitarian effort needed for disaster relief and recovery,” he wrote on his Instagram.

Funds donated to the Abaco Relief Fund will be 100% committed to directly assist with the immediate disaster relief needs of Bahamian citizens. The fund is focused on the core safety of the people, their essential needs such as water, food, shelter, medical needs, and the recovery of the community.

The other organization is the Bahamas National Trust. 100% of donations will go to the Bahamian nonprofit whose mission is to conserve and protect the natural resources of The Bahamas. Donations will support the recovery of the national parks and its park rangers affected by Hurricane Dorian, as well as long term natural solutions to hurricanes, such as restoration of mangroves 

Alice T

Yes, I, also, feel Leo will be nominated,  but as to who will win, will depend on who has the momentum going in to the final stretch between nomination announcement Jan 13th and Oscars Feb 9th 

11 hours ago, SexyLeo91 said:

Sometimes, there may be a film or performance out of the blue at the end of the year, and that has happened before. 

It happened to Leo before :56608ac1cc5a3_smilynewone: I think he was a sure bet with Aviator and then came Jamie Foxx LOL Still can't believe they nominated Waltz for literally doing the same instead of Leo in "Django".

6 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

:laugh: Accept Leo’s greatness. Thanks Barbie for the videos, the article and Jade for the box office info! OUATIH is a hit, especially for a summer film without superheroes and special effects.