Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

:heart:

Leonardo DiCaprio 'Perfect' For Great Gatsby, Says Isla Fisher

Leonardo DiCaprio has been praised by his Great Gatsby co-star Isla Fisher for being "one of the greatest actors of our generation".

The actress, who is married to Sacha Baron Cohen, said that DiCaprio was the perfect choice to play the iconic literary character in Baz Luhrmann's new adaptation.

"Leo is the most perfect Jay Gatsby. He brings to it a childlike innocence," she told Access Hollywood. "His obsession with Daisy doesn't feel mentally ill. It's just sort of passionate and misguided, but still romantic.

"Leo's fabulous in everything - he's one of the greatest actors of our generation. But he has gone further than you could ever have imagined with this character, and really made [Gatsby] so multi-dimensional, and so flawed and so vulnerable, and yet so macho and sexy - everything that you want in Gatsby."

http://www.entertain...ays-Isla-Fisher

The girl who tweeted the pix below works on the NY Live tv show , and she took pix while Leo was giving his interview

gatsby3.jpg

Daisy

That was a fantastic audio review of Gatsby , loved it , tks :hug:

Shirah

Tks for Leo vid :)

Kat

Tks for more great GQ scans ; it's a shame none of those appeared in any US mags :drool:

Also, tks, for Isla's great words about Leo

I know this is pointless but there is so many amazing tweets about Gatsby that I had to post them...

@HoneyCoolerHM 1 h

It's official. I am in love with Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby. An amazing performance. So much more depth and passion than Redford.

minajjbitchh23 3 h

I still can't get over how good The Great Gatsby was.. Always makes me sad though. #favoritebook #love #leonardodicaprio

@sam_lukas 2 h

The Great Gatsby was fabulous. Leonardo DiCaprio was gleaming and Baz Lurhmann killed it.

@LucyCruz0502 2 h

The Great Gatsby was AMAZING! Leonardo DiCaprio is just PERFF.

emeist3 good I loved it! Leo was amazing as gatsby; he always does it right #leonardodicaprio

@JackieCipps 1 h

If @LeoDiCaprio doesn't get an Oscar for this one... I'm done. #thegreatgatsby amazing movie!!

jessicaberishaj 1 h

The Great Gatsby has to be one of the greatest movies, I loved it!

@kay_seeee 1 h

I looooved the great gatsby!!!!!!!

@DivonShammami 1 h

The Great Gatsby was so good last night, Leonardo was once again the biggest boss

@DandersonSilva 1 h

They picked the perfect actors for the main characters, always sad seeing my boy Leo die though #thegreatgatsby @LeoDiCaprio

@SamHagensick 1 h

#thegreatgatsby was amazing. Truly beautiful visuals! @BrooksBrothers did a fantastic job with the outfits!

@earnmon225 1 h

I just can't get over how amazing @LeoDiCaprio was at playing Jay Gatsby

Well Entertainment Weeklg gave Gatsby a B- and praised Joel e's performance.

But who cares. Leo is fabulous. Lol. And I'm really looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. YAAAY!

And god those pics are doing if for me. The dark hair and the stubble - yes please.

They said " diCaprio has a smooth, sun-kissed charisma" and that's it. But that "edgerton commands the audiences attention" and has the "film's most nuanced performance." :/

But who cares lol. Let's be real, the majority are going to go see it for Leo or just because they like the book/time period movies. I like Joel but <<< Leo. :D

Amazing reviews sweeties!! :flower::flower::clap:

I cant wait to watch this movie!!!! My expectations are up there! :dance: :dance:

Tks for the amazing pics,covers,articles,tweets....tks for everything sweeties!!! :flower::flower:

I can't go at all this weekend... :no: ...and I've been waiting for this movie since I heard they were making it. Also, the only other person I know who really really wants to see it can't go for like 2 weeks. I'm thinking about heading the theatre solo on Monday night (never gone to a movie by myself) and then going again with anybody who wants to see it with me.

Excerpt from review

Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby has one truly spectacular shot. It comes after what feels like an hour — an hour of spinning and zooming and whooshing, of minced imagery, of Tobey Maguire talking and talking and talking, of a 1922 that keeps whispering the songs of 2000-something (Alicia Keys's voice wails New Yoooooooork as a car crosses a bridge), of relentless audiovisual sugar. As for the shot, it's just a close-up of Jay Gatsby. But the movie has so gossiped about his parties, his travels, his riches, his essence, his bogusness that you just want to see for yourself what's got everybody so breathless. You want to lose your breath, too.

So when Luhrmann finally put a face to the fanaticism and produced Leonardo DiCaprio's, I reached for an inhaler. DiCaprio's mouth is etched, equidistant, between a smile and a smirk, his blond hair frozen and fixed into amber waves, his skin as pink and orange as grapefruit meat. This is why you go to the movies — for a sight you've never seen even though you've seen it a hundred times. That's DiCaprio for a lot of this movie: somehow new. You wonder how many weeks it took for him and Luhrmann and the crew to determine the math and chemistry of that smile. It's a moment that conjures up visions of blueprints and charts and controls. Yet for as much calculation as there is in that introduction to Gatsby, there's also a quality that's simply beyond science: stardom.

DiCaprio's chronically boyish demeanor has denied his screen self both true handsomeness and actual carnality. His steady attraction to nutcases, weirdos, and loose cannons has desensitized us to what a good psychological actor he is. That roundness of his face also tends to lessen the impact of his talent. He's still too cute to be taken seriously. But he's never been more beautiful than he is here. Unlike other men who've played Jay Gatsby — in particular, the more mannishly beautiful Robert Redford in the comatose 1974 version of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel — DiCaprio's Gatsby is a gorgeous neurotic, always slightly nervous that his ritzy mask will slip enough for the rags and insecurities to show, so he simply keeps talking. But the nervous undercurrent DiCaprio gives the character doesn't feel like boasting. It's self-perpetuation. This Gatsby is gossiping, too.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9256143/leonardo-dicaprio-insane-new-great-gatsby