Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Reaction from tonight's screening

Miriam Fitting ‏@miriamfitting 1m

HOOOOOLY #thegreatgatsby was unreal. I want to see it again and again. And read the book! Rare feeling after book to movie adaptation...

Geronimo Orosco ‏@sadistictonji 33s

I loved this movie stunning n mind blowing #TheGreatGatsby

Demon Days  ‏@Isamarmarr 1m

My VIP pass to the early screening of The Great Gatsby. Great movie. pic.twitter.com/9nOo9lxNCH

Sheena H ‏@MilfNCookies916 1m

#TheGreatGatsby is a MUST SEE movie!! The soundtrack is great! The actors are AWESOME! And of course the story is romantic

Emily Hatfield ‏@emily_hatfield 7m

The Great Gatsby was an EXCELLENT movie- I recommend you all go see it this Friday! #TheGreatGatsby @wbpictures

Adu ‏@Justin_Adu 4m

Back from an advance screening of The Great Gatsby. Creatively beautiful. Thanks for the viewing Warner Bros.

Nada Shepherd ‏@NADAdesigns 1m

#GreatGatsby screening @ShangriLaTO was AMAZING in 3D. Total feast for the eyes. Loved the contemporary sound track and fashion spin.

Canadian Film Centre ‏@cfccreates 8m

Thank you to @WBPicturesCan for tonight's CFC Insiders screening of THE GREAT GATSBY! Lots of applause at the end! #TheGreatGatsby

Essie ‏@MsEssie8710 1h

Thank you to @Cinemit for the screening of The Great Gatsby. Really enjoyed the movie and Leo, as always, was amazing!!

ツMitchie ♌ ツMitchie ♌ ‏@urbaine_frenchy 22m

The Great Gatsby screening was f'ing amazing! You guys should def see that movie :) !!

Janice Lewis ‏@janicelynnlewis 58m

@StLaurentCentre Thanks for the screening passé to The Great Gatsby it was great! Also Leonardo rocks!

KWAME` WATERS ‏@4KwameWaters 49m

Just attended a private screening of "The Great Gatsby" I loved EVERYTHING about this movie! And the costuming! OMG#inspired#art#fashion

Patriots Fan Patriots Fan ‏@OriginalDWoods 49m

Just got done seeing the private screening of The Great Gatsby. I loved it! Other people didn't though…

Patriots Fan ‏@OriginalDWoods 32m

Oh, and Leonardo DiCaprio is like wine. Finer with time. Yes GAWD!

Details

Angel Laws Angel Laws ‏@angelonfire 29m

Just left @necolebitchie's screening of 'The Great Gatsby'.. Shout out to my fellow power blogger &… http://instagram.com/p/ZEucn1vXe7/

Angel Laws ‏@angelonfire 22m

Give Leo the #Oscar already. He killed that role. Such a great rendition. I might even see it again. #greatGatsby

WebMaster 305NET.COM ‏@WebMaster305 32s

Just saw a screening of this movie in 3D. Very good flick. The Great Gatsby - Leonardo DiCaprio #gatsby #gatsbymovie

starburst ‏@starburstt 4m

When I like a book, I tend to dislike the movie. But The Great Gatsby-BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL! & 3D done right!

Nick Mindicino ‏@NickMindicino 1m

The Great Gatsby was amazing. Such a beautiful film with a spellbinding story #gatsby #amazing

Gabe Ciufo ‏@gabeciufo 37s

Special advanced screening of "The Great Gatsby" was amazing! Fun night

Samantha ‏@SamanthaSouk 1m

The Great Gatsby was AMAZING!!!!! Thank you @aasaletin for inviting me to the advance screening :)

VyVy Vu ‏@veeevs 1m

Oh my goddd, The Great Gatsby was AMAZINGGGG!! Touché F. Scott Fitzgerald! @wbpictures The music, art, fashion, and casting. So Good.

Daina Falk ‏@TheHungryFan 5m

By the way, non sports/fan/food/etc.-related...went to a screening of #TheGreatGatsby tonight in 3D. Very cool, stylized film. Go see!

beeyawnkuh beeyawnkuh ‏@biancacentola_ 1m

Fantastic is an understatement when it comes to #TheGreatGatsby. @MuchMusic beyond thankful you sent me to this premiere. Everyone go see it

Aimee ‏@lovemeamazing 3m

The Great Gatsby was a damn good movie, a must see

Brian Ahn ‏@asianahn 3m

Just watched #theGreatGatsby hands down best film I have seen all year. Watch it in 3D. Your mind will be blown

Bdevil89 ‏@bdevil89 1m

@bazluhrmann just saw #TheGreatGatsby, Brilliant,a true cinematic spectacle, u & ur wife r a visionaries & real artists Thank u all 4 ur art

It's so great to hear such positive reviews for the movie and our man Leo! Buying my tickets for the IMAX screening tomorrow. I'm going Friday night with my girlfriends. And when I asked my Mom what she wanted to do for mothers day she said lets see Gatsby! :woot: Its going to be a fun weekend!!

This commentary from Coming Soon in an article about this week's possible movie box office is too funny and so true !

The important thing is that women of all ages absolutely adore everything about Leo, his looks, his demeanor, his mystery, his closet celebrity - you don't really see him out and about that much. He really is a classic movie star like the Clark Gables and Rock Hudsons of their day and women love that sh*t. They will be out on Friday night en masse with their friends to gush over Leo and this tragic love story and we can only hope theatres were wise enough to put down drop cloths before the first midnight shows on Thursday night 'cause those theaters are going to get swampy� I mean, with tears! Get your minds out of the gutter.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/weekendwarriornews.php?id=103783

post-52324-0-1446085577-32635_thumb.jpg

FOR THE EARTH. Actor Leonardo DiCaprio goes beyond Earth Hour and organizes an auction to raise funds for his conservation projects. He is pictured with Walton Ford, one of the artists who donated masterpieces for the auction.

NEW YORK, USA - Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio will appear Monday May 13 at an art auction at Christie's in New York where the actor hopes to raise millions of dollars for environmental protection.

Thirty-three works of art will go on the block, many by contemporary artists addressing environmental themes. Organizers of the "11th Hour Auction" estimate they could raise US$15 million, Christie's said.

DiCaprio, currently starring in a huge new production of "The Great Gatsby," will attend the auction in Manhattan. In the catalogue for the auction, DiCaprio wrote that his foundation is "dedicated to protecting the last wild places on Earth and the critically endangered species that inhabit them."

"Our goal is simple: to support innovative conservation projects worldwide that protect nature, and improve the lives of local communities."

Among the works on sale will be "The Tiger," by Zeng Fanzhi, which comes from the collection of billionaire Francois Pinault. The pre-sale estimate was US$1.5-2.5 million.

There are also works by the graffiti artist Banksy, a photograph by Richard Prince called "Silhouette Cowboy," and many works focusing on animals, such as Walton Ford's "Anthroponosis," which depicts the Bible's Eve walking with an orangutan.

A 2013 portrait of DiCaprio by Elizabeth Peyton is also on sale, estimated at US$400,000-600,000

http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/28582-leonardo-dicaprio-11th-hour-art-auction

Excerpt from NY Times review

What really stood out to me is what I've seen others say before about Leo in reviews, even when he was playing the evil Calvin Candie, that when he is in the room on the screen , you can't take your eyes off of him

To those of us watching in our modest multiplex seats, he is a movie star. In previous incarnations he was Robert Redford, Alan Ladd and Warner Baxter, and now Leonardo DiCaprio has slipped into the ice cream suit and the curious diction. “Old sport” may be the two hardest words for an American actor to say, but for Gatsby himself they were an affectation, so it is possible to overlook Mr. DiCaprio’s overdone accent. (I do wish he would try a performance without one, though.) More important, it is impossible to look away from him. His charisma has increased as his youthful prettiness has worn and thickened away, and he is beautiful, sad, confident and desperate in exactly the way Gatsby should be.

Is the tale of Daisy and Gatsby a credible love story? Fitzgerald himself was not sure, but Mr. Luhrmann, Mr. DiCaprio and Ms. Mulligan make it an effective one. At a crucial, climactic moment — a scene in a suite at the Plaza Hotel — the director mutes his irrepressible, circus ringmaster showmanship and plunges into undiluted melodrama. The music stops, and the camera cuts among the assembled faces as the emotional core of the film is laid bare.

That scene stands out in a movie that is otherwise gaudily and grossly inauthentic. Jay Gatsby is too, of course. He is self-invented and also self-deluded, spinning out fantasies for himself and others as easily as he gives parties. As a character in Nick’s ruminations, in Fitzgerald’s sentences and in our national mythology, he is a complete mess. This movie is worthy of him.

http://movies.nytimes.com/2013/05/10/movies/the-great-gatsby-interpreted-by-baz-luhrmann.html?_r=0&adxnnl=1&seid=auto&smid=tw-nytimesarts&pagewanted=2&adxnnlx=1368101562-YWjyP3OGQwrihDQanFGzLg

Thanks Sick for the GQ Germany scans! LOVE that photoshoot...Looks so dapper :heart: And Ox, nice Gatsby updates as usual :flower:

cute

Stars of ‘The Great Gatsby:’ How Well Do They Really Know Each Other?

http://tdnpost.com/v... - tdnpost.com)

loll this was adorable. I had never heard leo burst out laughing like that :wub: