Bellazon

Football

goose

Baby's first match report - Chelsea 4-4 Aston Villa

Villa out the blocks quickest! Maloney scores! Lampard gets injured! Ballack comes on! Maloney scores again! Cech with a howler! Ballack falls over! Zat Knight gets mega harshly sent off! Shevchenko scores the subsequent penalty! Curtis Davies is alive! Shevchenko rifles in a quick equaliser just after half time! Alex puts them ahead! Curtis Davies makes a really bad attempt at a sliding tackle! Martin Laursen equalises! Carvalho with a scumbag two footed death lunge on Gabby! Red card! Dubious free-kick awarded to Chelsea! Ballack takes it! Ballack scores! We dart up the field and...Cashley Cole handles on the line! Penalty! Red card! Stoppage time! Barry takes it and slides it in! Full time!

So in a nutshell, a draw. How boring.

I'd say it was a two horse race at this point; I don't see Chelsea being able to sustain a threat and Liverpool won't be able to make up the points they need because they never beat the teams above them. The two turning points in Chelsea's season have both been caused by Villa, which is strangely comforting. The writing was on the wall for Mourinho after the 2-0 defeat and the realities of a team without Terry were exposed for all to see yesterday. Then there's the fact that Cech doesn't look fit, Carvalho is gonna be suspended, Lampard's injured, Drogba's gonna be unavailable for ages, the African Cup of Nations is coming up...the odds looked stacked against them. Special mention for Pizarro, who yesterday was the most woeful player on the pitch by a country mile. I was actually embarrassed for him.

And with only Arsenal's kids standing in their way, you'd have to favor Manure to reclaim this title at this point. They've been wavering in recent weeks, and they'll need to find some consistency again and hope that Manure slip up at least a few times.

I'd say it was a two horse race at this point; I don't see Chelsea being able to sustain a threat and Liverpool won't be able to make up the points they need because they never beat the teams above them. The two turning points in Chelsea's season have both been caused by Villa, which is strangely comforting. The writing was on the wall for Mourinho after the 2-0 defeat and the realities of a team without Terry were exposed for all to see yesterday. Then there's the fact that Cech doesn't look fit, Carvalho is gonna be suspended, Lampard's injured, Drogba's gonna be unavailable for ages, the African Cup of Nations is coming up...the odds looked stacked against them. Special mention for Pizarro, who yesterday was the most woeful player on the pitch by a country mile. I was actually embarrassed for him.

Did anyone call me?

Celtic v Barcelona

Lyon v Man Utd

Schalke 04 v FC Porto

Liverpool v Inter Milan

Roma v Real Madrid

Arsenal v AC Milan

Olympiacos v Chelsea

Fenerbahce v FC Sevilla

And Arsenal - Milan was my final prediction. The team with the best football, versus the team with the best goodville. I just can't wait to see these games. Hoping Persie, Fabregas and Hleb will be able to play. If so Arsenal is one step forward. But still Kaka', Pirlo and probably Ronaldo, are the ones you should always have an eye on.

Dear world,

Spurs are the fourth best team in London. Their ties with Arsenal are bound purely by geography, they are not 'rivals' in any competitive sense. Berbatov will leave. They will not be in Europe next season. They are not, and have never been, a big club.

Got it, geezer? Nice one, guv'nor.

Love,

Frederick the Great