Bellazon

Football

goose

barcelona have a dream team but this means ther will be even much more pressure on that team,with the team they have every defeat is going to be blown out of proportion and treated as a disaster.bellamy is likely to leave liverpool.tevez wants to play for man utd .if they sign him man utd will be one scary team to play against!!!!!!!!!!

Manyoo are never scary...just lucky <_< Damn you O'Shea :persuazn:

:p My words :p

But I can't deny that Tevez will make an Impact :evil:

One last thing, here are the pairs of the Copa America quarterfinals.

Brazil v Chile

Venezuela v Uruguay

Peru v Argentina

Mexico v Parguay

-----------------------------

Here are my bets for the next round:

Brazil v Uruguay

Argentina v Paraguay

The final:

Brazil v Argentina

Champion:

:clap: Argentina :clap:

----------------------------------------------------------------

:idk: What do you think? :/

Well guys, I think I was seeing a point, when you was dissing Lampard.

But I will totally disagree this time. Ramos, Metzelder, M.Torres aren't that good defenders. Do you really think that this guys have any place in Serie A, the league that contains the most powerful defenses. I don't see any point where they got Chivu. The only worth defender in RM is Cannavaro, and if I should mention the defenders better than Chivu, the only ones that come to my mind are Cannavaro, Thuram, Puyol & Ayala. Chivu is better than Milito, also.

On the other hand, Malouda and Robben are 2 classy players, but if I had to choose, I would pick Robben 4sure. Now it kinda depends on Chelsea. If they get Malouda, than probably Roben will leave for London, and join RM. But if they decide to keep Robben, than Juventus might join the game also, to compete Real for Malouda.

What's Lampard got to do with it? :confused:

They're all young and have potential :whistle: well besides Metzelder :rofl: ummm...they're playing in La Liga, not Serie A. I don't see why you want us to see if they fit into a Serie A defence :idk: Not to mention the average goals per game in the Serie A has been higher than in the EPL and La Liga for the past couple of seasons. Shocking I know :shock: Pffft Cannavaro <_< He is so over it. He played 7 good games in the World Cup and suddenly he's the best defender the world has ever seen? Give me a break <_< He's quality no doubt but there's no way you're going to convince me that he has been any good in a Madrid shirt. I can see where you're coming from with Ayala and Thuram but they haven't really impressed with Valencia and Barca. By your reasoning we might as wel include Gallas and Nesta. They didn't have great seasons either but they are quality no doubt (Y) I've never compared Chivu and Milito before actually :blink:

barcelona have a dream team but this means ther will be even much more pressure on that team,with the team they have every defeat is going to be blown out of proportion and treated as a disaster.bellamy is likely to leave liverpool.tevez wants to play for man utd .if they sign him man utd will be one scary team to play against!!!!!!!!!!

Manyoo are never scary...just lucky <_< Damn you O'Shea :persuazn:

:p My words :p

But I can't deny that Tevez will make an Impact :evil:

The Premier League are considering restricting the transfer of Tevez to Manyoo :woot: :rofl:

Well guys, I think I was seeing a point, when you was dissing Lampard.

But I will totally disagree this time. Ramos, Metzelder, M.Torres aren't that good defenders. Do you really think that this guys have any place in Serie A, the league that contains the most powerful defenses. I don't see any point where they got Chivu. The only worth defender in RM is Cannavaro, and if I should mention the defenders better than Chivu, the only ones that come to my mind are Cannavaro, Thuram, Puyol & Ayala. Chivu is better than Milito, also.

On the other hand, Malouda and Robben are 2 classy players, but if I had to choose, I would pick Robben 4sure. Now it kinda depends on Chelsea. If they get Malouda, than probably Roben will leave for London, and join RM. But if they decide to keep Robben, than Juventus might join the game also, to compete Real for Malouda.

What's Lampard got to do with it? :confused:

They're all young and have potential :whistle: well besides Metzelder :rofl: ummm...they're playing in La Liga, not Serie A. I don't see why you want us to see if they fit into a Serie A defence :idk: Not to mention the average goals per game in the Serie A has been higher than in the EPL and La Liga for the past couple of seasons. Shocking I know :shock: Pffft Cannavaro <_< He is so over it. He played 7 good games in the World Cup and suddenly he's the best defender the world has ever seen? Give me a break <_< He's quality no doubt but there's no way you're going to convince me that he has been any good in a Madrid shirt. I can see where you're coming from with Ayala and Thuram but they haven't really impressed with Valencia and Barca. By your reasoning we might as wel include Gallas and Nesta. They didn't have great seasons either but they are quality no doubt (Y) I've never compared Chivu and Milito before actually :blink:

Well, you was saying that Lampard, is Overrated, Barca don't need him and stuff. I was disagreeing on that one also, but you had some point's of view, that I agreed (He's ego is too much, he is not a complete DM, etc.). But about Chivu I totally disagree. Real Madrid needs him. They need a high quality defender desperately.

Once again, Ramos, Metzelder, M.Torres aren't that good defenders. Just being young doesn't make you better than what you are. And about their potential, they have a potential to become a Chivu :wacko: , not anything bigger :rofl: .

And as for the defenses, yeah averges tell so, but the fact remains, that teams like Juventus, Milan and Inter never don't give a chance to the midlevel teams to score 4 or more goals against them. If Milan incurred 4 goals from Inter, you can't ( :evil: well sure you can, but I will disagree once again :evil: LOL) , compare this with Getafes 4 goals against Barca. Or Zaragoza scoring 6 against Real last year. Maybe EPL is another story, but defensive level of Serie A is way higher than La Liga!

And I didn't say that Cannavaro is the best defender in the world. I just counted the better defenders than Chivu in "La Liga" (Thats why I didn't include Nesta, Gallas, and a dozen of players, that are better than Chivu), and I mentioned Cannavaro first, because I was talking about Real :) .

I still think that Thuram is #1 defender in the world. Nesta comes the 2nd in my list.

Lastly Milito is also better than Ramos, Metzelder, M.Torres IMO, but yet I'll go with Chivu if I have to choose :wave: .

As much as I hate to admit it (and it does hurt to admit it, trust me) Ramos can become one of the top three centre-backs in the world.

The kid is only 20 years old, and he is playing at one of the biggest clubs in the world, in one of the most difficult positions to play in (certainly for a young player).

Well, you was saying that Lampard, is Overrated, Barca don't need him and stuff. I was disagreeing on that one also, but you had some point's of view, that I agreed (He's ego is too much, he is not a complete DM, etc.). But about Chivu I totally disagree. Real Madrid needs him. They need a high quality defender desperately.

Once again, Ramos, Metzelder, M.Torres aren't that good defenders. Just being young doesn't make you better than what you are. And about their potential, they have a potential to become a Chivu :wacko: , not anything bigger :rofl: .

And as for the defenses, yeah averges tell so, but the fact remains, that teams like Juventus, Milan and Inter never don't give a chance to the midlevel teams to score 4 or more goals against them. If Milan incurred 4 goals from Inter, you can't ( :evil: well sure you can, but I will disagree once again :evil: LOL) , compare this with Getafes 4 goals against Barca. Or Zaragoza scoring 6 against Real last year. Maybe EPL is another story, but defensive level of Serie A is way higher than La Liga!

And I didn't say that Cannavaro is the best defender in the world. I just counted the better defenders than Chivu in "La Liga" (Thats why I didn't include Nesta, Gallas, and a dozen of players, that are better than Chivu), and I mentioned Cannavaro first, because I was talking about Real :) .

I still think that Thuram is #1 defender in the world. Nesta comes the 2nd in my list.

Lastly Milito is also better than Ramos, Metzelder, M.Torres IMO, but yet I'll go with Chivu if I have to choose :wave: .

Right. Ok I get you now. The Lampard thing wasn't really related at all...I would've understood your point (that you disagree) if you just said so without bringing Fat Frank into it :trout: Madrid wouldn't know how to defend even if they did have Chivu and Cannavaro paired together :| They needed a high quality defender last year as well and look what Cannavaro did for them last season :cain: There's no point bringing in all those defenders because in the end, Madrid don't defend. They are just plain bad at it, plus the fact they don't have a decent ball winner in front of their back 4 and their fullbacks only know how to run in 1 direction :laugh:

Bahahahaha I'm not saying they are good because they are young :clobber:, I'm saying that they are young and that is why they are not so good YET. Anyway, back to the main point of why Chivu wouldn't be necessary in the Madrid defense - if you bring Chivu in you will have to sit one of the youngsters out and at their age, Ramos and Torres should be playing every week. Ramos is good in the heart of the Madrid defence and he has heaps of potential and you want him to be learning from a great like Cannavaro if you want him to develop into a world-class CB. Only time will tell whether he is better than Chivu, but my money is on the "yes" option ;)

Italian teams defend so well and that's why Milan let in 3 goals against Liverpool, or maybe why they let in 4 against Depor the year before that :whistle: or maybe why Roma let in 7 IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL or why Juve let in 2 goals in 20 minutes against Liverpool or why Udinese let in 5 against Barca :rofl: and this isn't just domestic competition, this is the knock-out stages of the Champions League, where the "elite" teams are meant to play :whistle: I could keep naming instances of great Italian defending all day long if you want me to :rofl: ;) Ok I'll stop being a smart ass...I actually agree that Serie A has better defenses than La Liga :yes: Anyway Barca and Madrid are attacking sides, their defence is bound to be a lot poorer than those sides that emphasise defence *death stares Italian teams* DEATH TO CATENACCIO!!! :persuazn:

Sorry I didn't mean to say that you said Cannavaro was the best... I just have something against him being crowned World Player of the Year based on 7 games <_< and decided to bitch about it :| :p

I don't know he just went AWOL :chicken: Robben or Malouda is good (Y) I'd get Robben if I was Real but Lyon are more likely to let Malouda leave although Chelsea are favourites to bag him, so maybe they will let Robben go? :idk:

Chivu is good but you've got Ramos, Cannavaro and Metzelder at CB already :persuazn: Apparently, Real are getting Drenthe for left back and you have Miguel Torres that can play there or at right back :clap: Your defence ain't crumby individually... how they perform as a unit is another story altogether though :whistle:

I saw him, he just came back again.

I have no idea what they're thinking, but I it appears that Malouda is going to London, so maybe we'll capture Robben.

But it's Metz, he's not that outstanding, nor has Cannavaro been for us. Aha, keyword being apparently. Yes, apparently I saw an UFO this morning. It was sensational. MT, he's growing up and improving. I guess we'll see next season how everything goes.

Ughhh, what's with all these mammoth responses?

Anyways, all I have to say on the whole RM issue, I agree with eNe, I think Chivu be a good addition to the defence. Well maybe then throw Cannavaro out on the bench. He didn't perform how he did during the world cup for us. What about a pairing of Chivu & Ramos? I like it.

As much as I hate to admit it (and it does hurt to admit it, trust me) Ramos can become one of the top three centre-backs in the world.

The kid is only 20 years old, and he is playing at one of the biggest clubs in the world, in one of the most difficult positions to play in (certainly for a young player).

Well, I'll disagree once again. He won't become any big. He is so easy to be passed on one-on-one situations. What Capello did last year is his only hope to become big. Play him at the right wing. Then he might become big. He has heart "I agree", He is dangerous on the other side(offense) "I agree", but as a CB he is (and IMO always will be) a risk.

You are about to witness one the longest BS posts ever:

Right. Ok I get you now. The Lampard thing wasn't really related at all...I would've understood your point (that you

disagree) if you just said so without bringing Fat Frank into it :trout: Madrid wouldn't know how to defend even if they

did have Chivu and Cannavaro paired together :| They needed a high quality defender last year as well and look what

Cannavaro did for them last season :cain: There's no point bringing in all those defenders because in the end, Madrid

don't defend. They are just plain bad at it, plus the fact they don't have a decent ball winner in front of their back 4

and their fullbacks only know how to run in 1 direction :laugh:

Bahahahaha I'm not saying they are good because they are young :clobber:, I'm saying that they are young and that is why

they are not so good YET. Anyway, back to the main point of why Chivu wouldn't be necessary in the Madrid defense - if

you bring Chivu in you will have to sit one of the youngsters out and at their age, Ramos and Torres should be playing

every week. Ramos is good in the heart of the Madrid defence and he has heaps of potential and you want him to be

learning from a great like Cannavaro if you want him to develop into a world-class CB. Only time will tell whether he is

better than Chivu, but my money is on the "yes" option ;)

Italian teams defend so well and that's why Milan let in 3 goals against Liverpool, or maybe why they let in 4 against

Depor the year before that :whistle: or maybe why Roma let in 7 IN A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER-FINAL or why Juve let in 2

goals in 20 minutes against Liverpool or why Udinese let in 5 against Barca :rofl: and this isn't just domestic

competition, this is the knock-out stages of the Champions League, where the "elite" teams are meant to play :whistle: I

could keep naming instances of great Italian defending all day long if you want me to :rofl: ;) Ok I'll stop being a

smart ass...I actually agree that Serie A has better defenses than La Liga :yes: Anyway Barca and Madrid are attacking

sides, their defence is bound to be a lot poorer than those sides that emphasise defence *death stares Italian teams*

DEATH TO CATENACCIO!!! :persuazn:

Sorry I didn't mean to say that you said Cannavaro was the best... I just have something against him being crowned World

Player of the Year based on 7 games <_< and decided to bitch about it :| :p

1- OK, I'm sorry I brought up Fat Frank into it :flower: ( :drool: I called him Fat-Frank, also :drool: )

2- Cannavaro has made an impact last year. Maybe they weren't an elite defensive teeam, but compared to previous

season, they were brilliant. When Chivu will come he will make an impact also. And his presence will help Cannavaro a

lot. I do agree with the thing you said first, when ou mentioned Chivu. Defense should be done as a unit. From GoalKeeper

& CBs, to Wingers and DMFs, every part will improve the game of the others.

IMO this would be a nice defensive lineup:

-------------Casillas-----------------

-------Cannavaro----Chivu---------

---Ramos-----------------Drenthe--

---------------Diarra-----------------

3- I know you are not saying, they are not good because they are young. I'm saying that they are young and that is

why they are not so good YET, also. And this is why, they shouldn't play right now. There is no guarantee that they will

get any bigger. Maybe Ramos sometimes clowns us by his goals. But as I said before, he is not the CB, that I want in my

team. When Helguera first came out, people were claiming he will become big also. But when Real decided to let him go,

who wanted him :wacko: ? Plus Chivu is just 27, so the Ramos, Metzelder, and Torres don't get too much credit from their

age.

4- The only worth example you gave for the failuers of Italian defenses is Roma's 7goals against ManU. Even if 4

of the goals were long range shots, it still is unforgiveable. But, I can still mention a worse defensive performace from

Spanish teams. How about Deportivo getting 8 from Monaco? Anyways, this is about comparing top teams. Milan got 4 from

Deportivo, and at the time Deportivo was one of the top teams in Spain&Europe. You can compare it with Barcas 4 goals

from Chelsea on 05', but not with 4 goals they incurred from Getafe, or from Zaragoza previous season. And Milan had

scored 4 goals against the same Deportivo team twice, one in the first match of that serie, and the other the

previous season in group stages*. And in that game, Inzaghi scored all 4 goals, also something that won't happen to

Italian teams.

- 3 goals from Liverpool, was impressive, but only the third goal(the one Xabi scored from PK) is the one that we can

blame the defense. Gerrards header and Smicers shot were scored from long range.

- And if you call 2 goals Juve incurred on that game, 2 goals in 20 minutes :trout: , than how about a goal per

minute average of Milan had against Liverpool, or Bayern against Real. Even if you are going to compare first 20

minutes spits, Chelsea scored 3 in first 20 minutes of the game against Barca.

- Barcelona Udinese, final result: 4-1. :clobber: You can't fool me, it wasn't 5 :p . And 2 goals of Barca were

from FreeKicks, and the penalty they scored the 4th, was just referrees present to Ronnie, to complete his hat-trick.

That one absolutely wasn't an example, where you can blame defenders. And once again it was Udinese, not Juve.

- I'll repeat what I said, Top Italian teams(Juve, Milan, Inter) don't incurre 4+ goals from MidLevel teams.

I mean I can forgive Barca for Zaragozas 4 goals previous season, but they did the same thing this year once again, in

nearly same cirrcumstances against Getafe.

5- Death was staring Italian teams last year, much much more than it does this year, after Calciopoli scandal.

Still they managed to win the World Cup and Champions League.

And last, but not least:

6- Whenever you want to bitch about Cannavaro's Golden Ball dopio(he got both the awards of FIFA & France

Football), you can count on me :evil: ! I mean giving it to a defensive player ain't that right.

My pick? Zidane 4sure. He is the guy that has accomplished everything, and was the prime key of

all those accomplishments. Plus it was his last season, where everybody was thinking that he was done. And most

importantly, he was the best player in WorldCup.

And the only others, I could nominate, were Henry, Kaka', and maybe Drogba. Absolutely no other player got close to

Zidane last year.

Anyway, I'm still glad that they didn't gave it to Buffon :wacko: :p .

Who was your pick , pal :/ ?

I saw him, he just came back again.

I have no idea what they're thinking, but I it appears that Malouda is going to London, so maybe we'll capture Robben.

But it's Metz, he's not that outstanding, nor has Cannavaro been for us. Aha, keyword being apparently. Yes, apparently I saw an UFO this morning. It was sensational. MT, he's growing up and improving. I guess we'll see next season how everything goes.

really? :blink:

That wasn't a UFO that was the reflection of the sun off Zidane's bald head :rofl:

Ughhh, what's with all these mammoth responses?

Anyways, all I have to say on the whole RM issue, I agree with eNe, I think Chivu be a good addition to the defence. Well maybe then throw Cannavaro out on the bench. He didn't perform how he did during the world cup for us. What about a pairing of Chivu & Ramos? I like it.

this is an essay writing thread :|

As long as Ramos is in there I'm happy with the solution :yes:

You are about to witness one the longest BS posts ever:

:rofl: :shock:

1- OK, I'm sorry I brought up Fat Frank into it :flower: ( :drool: I called him Fat-Frank, also :drool: )

Don't be sorry :trout: Just never mention his name ever again :| :evil:

2- Cannavaro has made an impact last year. Maybe they weren't an elite defensive teeam, but compared to previous season, they were brilliant. When Chivu will come he will make an impact also. And his presence will help Cannavaro a lot. I do agree with the thing you said first, when you mentioned Chivu. Defense should be done as a unit. From GoalKeeper & CBs, to Wingers and DMFs, every part will improve the game of the others.

IMO this would be a nice defensive lineup:

-------------Casillas-----------------

-------Cannavaro----Chivu---------

--Ramos-----------------Drenthe--

---------------Diarra-----------------

I doubt it had as much to do with Cannavaro as it did with Capello choosing to defend home and away and play with a double pivot in front of the back 4. Hell even Roberto Carlos was defending :shock: Diarra...not too fond of him :ninja: but Gago on the other hand... he had a horrible season but I like Gago :woot: Ramos on the right? :cry2:

3- I know you are not saying, they are not good because they are young. I'm saying that they are young and that is why they are not so good YET, also. And this is why, they shouldn't play right now. There is no guarantee that they will get any bigger. Maybe Ramos sometimes clowns us by his goals. But as I said before, he is not the CB, that I want in my team. When Helguera first came out, people were claiming he will become big also. But when Real decided to let him go, who wanted him :wacko: ? Plus Chivu is just 27, so the Ramos, Metzelder, and Torres don't get too much credit from their age.

They are young so they shouldn't play? You realise they need to play while they are young if they want to improve right? :blink: They are 20-ish. Provided they don't have any career-threatening injuries and given they have the potential to learn, they will most definitely get better...unless of course they are from Liverpool and go by the name of Robbie Fowler or Steve McManaman :rofl: That was tragic :no:

True about Helguera, but Ramos is a different player. For starters he's more technically gifted, good in the air offensively and defensively, good passer, good shot and reads the game well. He's confident in his own abilities too, but probably most importantly, Ramos has the leadership qualities that Helguera lacks. Helguera can't play without a solid partner there as back-up but Ramos can do that job easily :yes:

Damn I always thought he was approaching 30 :ninja:

- 3 goals from Liverpool, was impressive, but only the third goal(the one Xabi scored from PK) is the one that we can blame the defense. Gerrards header and Smicers shot were scored from long range.

Ummm... Gerrard's header wasn't long range. Riise was left alone, he had plenty of time to pick out a cross and Gerrard was pratically unmarked. If that isn't a failure from the defense I don't know what is :whistle: The Smicer shot was freaky though :rofl:

- And if you call 2 goals Juve incurred on that game, 2 goals in 20 minutes :trout: , than how about a goal per minute average of Milan had against Liverpool, or Bayern against Real. Even if you are going to compare first 20 minutes spits, Chelsea scored 3 in first 20 minutes of the game against Barca.

bahahaha alright that was unfair :ninja:

- Barcelona Udinese, final result: 4-1. :clobber: You can't fool me, it wasn't 5 :p . And 2 goals of Barca were from FreeKicks, and the penalty they scored the 4th, was just referrees present to Ronnie, to complete his hat-trick. That one absolutely wasn't an example, where you can blame defenders. And once again it was Udinese, not Juve.

bahahahaha my bad. But just because it is a free kick doesn't mean it doesn't count :trout: The defence must concede the free kick too :whistle: Anyway, Juve have Boumsong :| :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

- I'll repeat what I said, Top Italian teams(Juve, Milan, Inter) don't incurre 4+ goals from MidLevel teams. I mean I can forgive Barca for Zaragozas 4 goals previous season, but they did the same thing this year once again, in nearly same cirrcumstances against Getafe.

Alright that is a fair point :) but I'd rather concede to mid-table teams than choke when it matters :whistle:

5- Death was staring Italian teams last year, much much more than it does this year, after Calciopoli scandal.

Still they managed to win the World Cup and Champions League.

Pffft...I still don't care about Italian football :ninja: Death to Catenaccio :persuazn: and correction, Kaka won the Champions League (bar the finals). The rest of the team did practically nothing the whole campaign :ninja:

And last, but not least:

6- Whenever you want to bitch about Cannavaro's Golden Ball dopio(he got both the awards of FIFA & France Football), you can count on me :evil: ! I mean giving it to a defensive player ain't that right.

My pick? Zidane 4sure. He is the guy that has accomplished everything, and was the prime key of all those accomplishments. Plus it was his last season, where everybody was thinking that he was done. And most importantly, he was the best player in World Cup. And the only others, I could nominate, were Henry, Kaka', and maybe Drogba. Absolutely no other player got close to Zidane last year. Anyway, I'm still glad that they didn't gave it to Buffon :wacko: :p

Who was your pick , pal :/ ?

I don't mind the defensive player thing but I just don't believe giving a Player of the YEAR award to someone based on 7 games is right. Cannavaro and Zidane didn't have a vintage season at club level, and I'd rather give it to Zidane because he single-handedly took his team to the finals, but Cannavaro had Gattuso, Pirlo, Zambrotta and Buffon to make him look good. Grosso just looks ugly :rofl: Henry? He took a young Arsenal side to the Champions League final but Ronnie would be more worthy because he helped Barca win the Champions League and back-to-back Ligas. Pity he didn't do anything at the World Cup though. Kaka is always first choice in my books. Great season at club level and he was the only attacking star to shine for Brasil during the WC :thumbsup: Drogba did nothing special individually during that season so I don't know why you'd nominate him :idk:

Essay complete :|