Bellazon

Football

goose

Anyway, it seems like I like Ramos and you don't. End of story I guess :(

Yeah, end of the story. Maybe after the seson starts we maty open a chapter 2.

Anyway correcting the last thing, it's not that I don't like him, but Chivu is better than him I guess :/ .

He's closer than the penalty spot, so I'd say around ~10m. Watch the defence do nothing as he lingers inside the area. It was a great goal but the defence has to be at fault there as Stam was nowhere close to Gerrard as he headed the ball home.

WHHHHAAAAT? 50m? :shock: Just upload it on megaupload.com or something :drool:

No, it's a bit wider than penalty spot. After i watched it once again, I saw that it was closer than what I thought, but still ~12m I guess(yet long range for a header). Yes the defense had a fault, I agree, but it wasn't something terrific. Gerrard wasn't in a likely situation to score, and defense did the right thing by defending the closer zone. When the opponent crosses, the most important thing is not involve them run, cause it would make their headers way stronger, than when they just jump from the spot they are. But I will agree that they gave too much time for Risee to pick up his head and cross.

- And about that 50m header, right now I'm not at the hometown, but after I'll go back, I will check for it, and whenever I'll find, I will upload it somewhere, and let it be known here ;) .

They might not have much to do when the fk is taken but they got themselves in that situation in the first place. If the foul was never committed there would be no freekick to deal with.

It rhymed? :ninja:

Boumsong :yuckky:

- There are freekicks nearly every damn game. I don't think that before the freekick was taken someone was like "Inept defenders, don't they never think that this freekick may result as a goal!" C'mon NOW :/ .

- Sure it rhymed :anger: !

- And don't diss Boumsong just based on his name :clobber: . Wait till we see him playing.

Well there is a trophy for best player in the World Cup already so it makes every 4th Player of the YEAR award redundant if you're going to award it to the best player of the World Cup anyway. Ronaldo is the best example. He did nothing at club level that season. He's spectacular in the World Cup and he gets to take the prize home. I'm just saying that the criteria for picking a worthy winner should be judged based on the trophy's namesake rather than some post-WC hype :no:

Zidane's performances in a Real shirt didn't impress me much in 2005/06 to be honest :morning: If he didn't headbutt Materazzi I think he would've taken the trophy but it might send out the wrong message to kids that watched the finals because people might think it's ok to play well but be violent :idk: The final most definitely worked against him :no:

Ronnie did nothing? :blink: What about his performances in the Classico? When the Madridista give a Barca player a standing ovation it must mean something. He finished the season with 20-something goals as well (Y)

Against Chelsea, he scored a beautiful goal and forced Terry's own goal with his freekick. That's 2 goals out of Barca's 3 and the tie ended 3-2. Against Benfica, he scored the winning goal (great run and assist from Eto'o though). You can't just say 'if you take his goal out, Barca would've won anyway' because Ronnie's goal forced Benfica to change their formation and chase the away goal which would've won it (first leg was 0-0). Also, if you look back at Eto'o's goal, Ronnie was part of the action there as well. He was the one that spotted Belletti, who assisted Eto'o. Also, what about the assist to set up Giuly against Milan? That was an awesome assist (and an awesome run) and helped Barca score the deciding goal in 180 minutes. So, Ronnie was involved in many critical goals that took Barca to the finals that year, which is hardly nothing :whistle:

His performances faded toward the end of the season though :/ This year, he was tragic. Let's hope he does better next year and stops everyone talking about Ronaldo :|

Henry was good but Arsenal finished 4th and if you agree with the Player of the World Cup = Player of the Year thing, then it should be no problem for you accepting that Ronnie (La Liga + Champions League) was better than Henry (4th place + CL Runner-up) based on results and the weighting of tournaments, regardless of whoever plays the best throughout the whole year :idk: It's the same kind of twisted logic :whistle:

Drogba: I thought we were talking about the season before last? :unsure: :idk: Yes, last year he was good but the season preceding the World Cup he wasn't anything special, maybe for Cote D'Ivoire as Herve pointed out, but all the goals you mentioned were from last season, the one that just ended.

First of all, pal you are wrong. The award is given to the best player of the year, not the season. And Ronnie's game you mentioned was in 2005, not 2006. In 2006 he was nowhere in El Classicos(and Barca won none of them). And I didn't said he did nothing, but he didn't really much. I'll give you an exact number, he had 12 goals from PK in that previous season.

- Well, his goal against Chelsea was nice, but with or w/out that goal, Chelsea needed two goals, so that goal really didn't matter. And I don't think you were honest when you claimed that he forced Terry's own goal. I bet you never gave any credit to Lampard for Motta's own goal. And they shouldn't get any. It's luck, not delivery. He had a nice game against Benfica, but Eto'o was better than him. And you called that assist to Giuly AWESOME :wacko: ? I doubt if Giuly had the same assist, and Ronnie scored the goal, there would be anyone to called it an awesome assist.

Let's check it once again if you want:

I mean, his pass wasn't that good. The angle Giuly had was too tight, and the ball was bouncing in the air. If Giuly didn't run to that ball, not too many people would have blamed him. I really think, that Giuly needs to get more credit for that goal, cuz he really did a great job.

- Anyway this was a nice set up from him:

But I'll post a better assist and set up from our fav. midfielder Kaka' (and I bet when this goals first came you were like :wacko: ):

And I think you have made a mistake when quoting my words :/

I said: Best Player of the World Cup should be Player of the Year (not best player of the WC winners)

Then you said: If you agree with the Player of the World Cup = Player of the Year thing, then it should be no problem for you accepting that Ronnie (La Liga + Champions League) was better than Henry (4th place + CL Runner-up)

Noooooooooo, way wrong. I repeat Henry was waayyy better than Ronnie. He (Henry) was the best player of Champoions League, not Ronnie. Just because Barca was better than Arsenal, that won't make Ronaldinho better than Henry.

- Lastly, I'll repeat the same thing once again for Drogba. It's the best player of the year, not of the season(I'm 100% sure for that)

No, it's a bit wider than penalty spot. After i watched it once again, I saw that it was closer than what I thought, but still ~12m I guess(yet long range for a header). Yes the defense had a fault, I agree, but it wasn't something terrific. Gerrard wasn't in a likely situation to score, and defense did the right thing by defending the closer zone. When the opponent crosses, the most important thing is not involve them run, cause it would make their headers way stronger, than when they just jump from the spot they are. But I will agree that they gave too much time for Risee to pick up his head and cross.

Yep, you're right, the central defenders did the right thing, but no one picked up Gerrard and he was wandering around freely for an eternity in the box. Not sure if you'd want to blame the defence for that though :/

- And about that 50m header, right now I'm not at the hometown, but after I'll go back, I will check for it, and whenever I'll find, I will upload it somewhere, and let it be known here ;) .

I'll be waiting :drool:

- There are freekicks nearly every damn game. I don't think that before the freekick was taken someone was like "Inept defenders, don't they never think that this freekick may result as a goal!" C'mon NOW :/ .

- Sure it rhymed :anger: !

- And don't diss Boumsong just based on his name :clobber: . Wait till we see him playing.

If it does result in a goal, people normally think "why did the defender give away such a silly foul?" but just because they don't think beforehand doesn't mean it is not the defence's fault. The freekick is still a result of an error by the defence, which if I recall correctly is the main point we are dealing with.

Hahahaha that didn't rhyme :trout: Which country are you from by the way?

I'm not dissing Boumsong based on his name. I'm dissing him based on his utter uselessness (and yes I mean it literally) in a Newcastle shirt :whistle:

First of all, pal you are wrong. The award is given to the best player of the year, not the season. And Ronnie's game you mentioned was in 2005, not 2006. In 2006 he was nowhere in El Classicos(and Barca won none of them). And I didn't said he did nothing, but he didn't really much. I'll give you an exact number, he had 12 goals from PK in that previous season.

- Well, his goal against Chelsea was nice, but with or w/out that goal, Chelsea needed two goals, so that goal really didn't matter. And I don't think you were honest when you claimed that he forced Terry's own goal. I bet you never gave any credit to Lampard for Motta's own goal. And they shouldn't get any. It's luck, not delivery. He had a nice game against Benfica, but Eto'o was better than him. And you called that assist to Giuly AWESOME? I doubt if Giuly had the same assist, and Ronnie scored the goal, there would be anyone to called it an awesome assist.

Let's check it once again if you want:

I mean, his pass wasn't that good. The angle Giuly had was too tight, and the ball was bouncing in the air. If Giuly didn't run to that ball, not too many people would have blamed him. I really think, that Giuly needs to get more credit for that goal, cuz he really did a great job.

Wait, what season are we talking about here? Because I was always under the impression we were talking about the 2005-2006 season ever since we started talking about Cannavaro as player of the WC :wacko: And are you saying player of the year as in the actual year like Jan-Dec? :unsure: because if that was the case you'd have 2 half seasons to base your judgments on and I'm confident that when they say player of the year it means player of the preceding futbol season. That's why Ronaldo was EPL Player of the Year this year even though it is only half way through the year. It only seems "logical" (for the lack of a better word) that you judge the year based on the continuity of one full futbol season rather than 2 halves of 2 different seasons :idk:

Anyway my point was that Ronnie contributed directly and indirectly to Barca in that season at critical moments but if I'm talking about the wrong season then there's no point continuing any further :ninja:

Giuly started the run before the pass was made. It was an awesome pass because Ronnie was getting a lot of attention and still managed to pick a pass out so quickly and precisely. Giuly is the main player behind that goal as he started the run and scored a magnificent goal but no one is denying that :)

But I'll post a better assist and set up from our fav. midfielder Kaka' (and I bet when this goals first came you were like :wacko: ):

I was like :anger: because Nesta clearly handballed in the box before that play and there are some other really good passes from Kaka in that game. I'm actually quite familiar with that game believe it or not :whistle:

And I think you have made a mistake when quoting my words :/

I said: Best Player of the World Cup should be Player of the Year (not best player of the WC winners)

Then you said: If you agree with the Player of the World Cup = Player of the Year thing, then it should be no problem for you accepting that Ronnie (La Liga + Champions League) was better than Henry (4th place + CL Runner-up)

Noooooooooo, way wrong. I repeat Henry was waayyy better than Ronnie. He (Henry) was the best player of Champoions League, not Ronnie. Just because Barca was better than Arsenal, that won't make Ronaldinho better than Henry.

hahahaha I get your point but I'm not saying one is better than the other. Or am I? :shifty:

Lastly, I'll repeat the same thing once again for Drogba. It's the best player of the year, not of the season(I'm 100% sure for that)

Year as in Jan-Dec again? Refer to the Ronaldo EPL Player of the Year comment before.

Our essays are getting shorter :clap: :woot:

really? :blink:

That wasn't a UFO that was the reflection of the sun off Zidane's bald head :rofl:

I swear I saw him somewhere?

:rofl: Leave Zizou alone! MY IDOL. :heart: I love his bald head. He is parfait!

this is an essay writing thread :|

As long as Ramos is in there I'm happy with the solution :yes:

:rofl: :rofl: I'd comment back but my sloth makes me incapable even to care to read these, I bet they're great though. :D

Me too.

Well have fun essay writing, it'll improve your grammar vastly in class. :nicole: Anyways, have fun in your what seems like a long and uninteresting political debate, win!

:laugh: Ok, I'm glad you clarified me on that. Ed! :persuazn: aha jk.

why would you trust him over me? :magic:

Well have fun essay writing, it'll improve your grammar vastly in class. :nicole: Anyways, have fun in your what seems like a long and uninteresting political debate, win!

It's just a big bitch session :rofl:

If it does result in a goal, people normally think "why did the defender give away such a silly foul?" but just because they don't think beforehand doesn't mean it is not the defence's fault. The freekick is still a result of an error by the defence, which if I recall correctly is the main point we are dealing with.

I'm not dissing Boumsong based on his name. I'm dissing him based on his utter uselessness (and yes I mean it literally) in a Newcastle shirt :whistle:

Maybe it's just me, but I will never agree on this one. I judge things by how they are done, not how they result( :whistle: on Sports :whistle: ). Maybe if Milan's defenders fouled Ronaldinho on Giuly's goal, that goal wouldn't have been incurred. So makin' fouls sometimes may result in the right way, and sometimes in the wrong. But fouls are going to happen anyway, and that night was Barca's night, so just because those Freekicks resulted as goals, I won't blame defense. Plus I don't remember the fouls exactly, but I watched that game, and I don't remember something too silly :/ .

- Kicker, Keeper, fear, deal. They all rhyme. Maybe you say they don't because the "deal" ends with L, but they rhyme cuz they all follow the same vowel at the end :ninja: TRUST ON MY :blueeyedbaby: SKiLLS

- I'm from Kosova, somewhere at the Southeastern Europe! Have you heard about it?

- OK, I'll change my words:

Don't diss Boumsong just based on his past :clobber: . Wait till we see him playing for Juve.

Wait, what season are we talking about here? Because I was always under the impression we were talking about the 2005-2006 season ever since we started talking about Cannavaro as player of the WC :wacko: And are you saying player of the year as in the actual year like Jan-Dec? :unsure: because if that was the case you'd have 2 half seasons to base your judgments on and I'm confident that when they say player of the year it means player of the preceding futbol season. That's why Ronaldo was EPL Player of the Year this year even though it is only half way through the year. It only seems "logical" (for the lack of a better word) that you judge the year based on the continuity of one full futbol season rather than 2 halves of 2 different seasons :idk:

Anyway my point was that Ronnie contributed directly and indirectly to Barca in that season at critical moments but if I'm talking about the wrong season then there's no point continuing any further :ninja:

Plus this was about Drogba:

Year as in Jan-Dec again? Refer to the Ronaldo EPL Player of the Year comment before.

We started to talk about this, when you said that you disagreed with Cannavaro being the best player of the year (for info: Zidane won the bast player of WC award), and then I said "I also disagree, my pick was Zidane, who was yours?". True, EPL award C.Ronaldo won, is given on the season base, but both awards Cannavaro won(Golden Ball by France Football & FIFA Player of the Year) are given on Jan-Dec year basis. That's why the award is given at the end of the year. And Awards of Fifa and France Football are not given to players of only one league, but they can be given to any player that plays in any corner of the world(Fifa), and any player from any league that is included in Uefa(France Football). And there are leagues that have the Jan-Dec routine(Brasil, Russia, etc.), unlike the most of Europes top leagues that have it like Aug-Jul. So no matter do you give the award based on Jan-Dec or Aug-Jul routine, you are going to judge some leagues by their full seasons, and some by two halves from two different seasons. I know, for us football fans, it would be right to give it in Aug-Jul basis(cuz europes top leagues & Champions League have this routine), but if they calim they are fair, the credit they give to (i.e.)EPL, they should give to (i.e.)Russian league.

- Player of the year awards Cannavaro won do not mean player of the preceding futbol season - 100% sure about that :blush:

Giuly started the run before the pass was made. It was an awesome pass because Ronnie was getting a lot of attention and still managed to pick a pass out so quickly and precisely. Giuly is the main player behind that goal as he started the run and scored a magnificent goal but no one is denying that :)

I agree, that Ronaldinho had a nice assist, but IMO calling it awesome is just too much. Anyway, I wasn't trying to diss Ronnie, just saying that Giuly was the main man. Glad that you think the same way.

I was like :anger: because Nesta clearly handballed in the box before that play and there are some other really good passes from Kaka in that game. I'm actually quite familiar with that game believe it or not :whistle:

Haha :laugh: it's clear that you are a Liverpool fan. The touch of Nesta was unintentionally :shifty:

And I totally believe you. Actually I'm quite familiar with that game too. That one was one of the 3 best finals(maybe the best) that I have ever seen in my life(others being Bayern-Man U '99 & France-Italy '2000). I had the opputunity to go to that final, but there was a problem with my passaport :cry2:

hahahaha I get your point but I'm not saying one is better than the other. Or am I? :shifty:

:persuazn: YES YOU ARE :persuazn:

:p :p Just Kidding :p :p

Ughhh, what's with all these mammoth responses?

Well, :evil: It's all ed's fault :evil: *runs*

:laugh: Ok, I'm glad you clarified me on that. Ed! :persuazn: aha jk.

Yeah, catch him, and punish him :evil:

really? :blink:

That wasn't a UFO that was the reflection of the sun off Zidane's bald head :rofl:

I swear I saw him somewhere?

:rofl: Leave Zizou alone! MY IDOL. :heart: I love his bald head. He is parfait!

Zizou is my Idol too :shifty: .

But what's parfait :blink: ?

Warning: stop the Ronnie bashing or I'll have to start hurting people. And I really don't want to have to do that. :knives: :ninja:

:blink: Why saying Henry was better than Ronaldinho is considered as bashing? 2006 wasn't his year, it's as simple as that. Plus if you call this "bashing", than you was the first one to start it, cuz you said that C.Ronaldo was better than him :/ .

Warning: stop the Ronnie bashing or I'll have to start hurting people. And I really don't want to have to do that. :knives: :ninja:

:blink: Why saying Henry was better than Ronaldinho is considered as bashing? 2006 wasn't his year, it's as simple as that. Plus if you call this "bashing", than you was the first one to start it, cuz you said that C.Ronaldo was better than him :/ .

:rofl:

I was merely joking, chill dude. :p

Maybe it's just me, but I will never agree on this one. I judge things by how they are done, not how they result( :drool: on Sports :drool: ). Maybe if Milan's defenders fouled Ronaldinho on Giuly's goal, that goal wouldn't have been incurred. So makin' fouls sometimes may result in the right way, and sometimes in the wrong. But fouls are going to happen anyway, and that night was Barca's night, so just because those Freekicks resulted as goals, I won't blame defense. Plus I don't remember the fouls exactly, but I watched that game, and I don't remember something too silly :/ .

- Kicker, Keeper, fear, deal. They all rhyme. Maybe you say they don't because the "deal" ends with L, but they rhyme cuz they all the same vowel at the end :ninja: TRUST ON MY :blueeyedbaby: SKiLLS

- I'm from Kosova, somewhere at the Southeastern Europe! Have you heard about it?

Don't diss Boumsong just based on his past :clobber: . Wait till we see him playing for Juve.

Plus this was about Drogba:

We started to talk about this, when you said that you disagreed with Cannavaro being the best player of the year (for info: Zidane won the bast player of WC award), and then I said "I also disagree, my pick was Zidane, who was yours?". True, EPL award C.Ronaldo won, is given on the season base, but both awards Cannavaro won(Golden Ball by France Football & FIFA Player of the Year) are given on Jan-Dec year basis. That's why the award is given at the end of the year. And Awards of Fifa and France Football are not given to players of only one league, but they can be given to any player that plays in any corner of the world(Fifa), and any player from any league that is included in Uefa(France Football). And there are leagues that have the Jan-Dec routine(Brasil, Russia, etc.), unlike the most of Europes top leagues that have it like Aug-Jul. So no matter do you give the award based on Jan-Dec or Aug-Jul routine, you are going to judge some leagues by their full seasons, and some by two halves from two different seasons. I know, for us football fans, it would be right to give it in Aug-Jul basis(cuz europes top leagues & Champions League have this routine), but if they calim they are fair, the credit they give to (i.e.)EPL, they should give to (i.e.)Russian league.

- Player of the year awards Cannavaro won do not mean player of the preceding futbol season - 100% sure about that :blush:

Giuly started the run befo

Maybe it's just me, but I will never agree on this one. I judge things by how they are done, not how they result( :whistle: on Sports :whistle: ). Maybe if Milan's defenders fouled Ronaldinho on Giuly's goal, that goal wouldn't have been incurred. So makin' fouls sometimes may result in the right way, and sometimes in the wrong. But fouls are going to happen anyway, and that night was Barca's night, so just because those Freekicks resulted as goals, I won't blame defense. Plus I don't remember the fouls exactly, but I watched that game, and I don't remember something too silly :/ .

- Kicker, Keeper, fear, deal. They all rhyme. Maybe you say they don't because the "deal" ends with L, but they rhyme cuz they all follow the same vowel at the end :ninja: TRUST ON MY :blueeyedbaby: SKiLLS

:rofl: that's another thing we don't agree on :clap:

I'll give you kicker and keeper but fear and deal don't cut it :no:

Kosova? I've heard about it on the news :ninja: and I think one of our other members are from there as well.

If I don't diss Boumsong on his past appearances, what would I diss him on? :evil: He might play better in the Italian league where there are better defenders all around him to cover up his mistakes :trout:

ok :mellow:

I agree, that Ronaldinho had a nice assist, but IMO calling it awesome is just too much. Anyway, I wasn't trying to diss Ronnie, just saying that Giuly was the main man. Glad that you think the same way.

I call many things awesome though :laugh: I just tend to appreciate the simple skills a lot :yes:

and you'll have to talk to Herve about the dissing. He's the one standing next to you with chainsaw :ninja:

Haha :laugh: it's clear that you are a Liverpool fan. The touch of Nesta was unintentionally :shifty:

And I totally believe you. Actually I'm quite familiar with that game too. That one was one of the 3 best finals(maybe the best) that I have ever seen in my life(others being Bayern-Man U '99 & France-Italy '2000). I had the opputunity to go to that final, but there was a problem with my passaport :cry2:

I'll admit it was a smart move but grrrr! Nesta! If he wasn't so good I'd be hating him at the moment <_<

At least you got the opportunity but bad luck about the passport. I didn't get the chance :cry:

Why are you so glad that our essays are getting shorter :idk: ?

:whistle: Oh, I get it :evil: ! You are afraid of Ange :rofl:

Have you seen what she can do with a paperclip and 2 coins? If you haven't I suggest you ask her :shock:

Yeah, catch him, and punish him :evil:

:persuazn:

It was eNe :ninja: :shifty:

:shock: YOU SNITCHED ME :shock:

:rofl: :rofl: you snitched me first :avada:

:rofl:

I was merely joking, chill dude. :p

Were you Herve? Were you really? :|