Bellazon

Football

goose

I am really disappointed. I don't even know where to begin. but the same time, I'm proud because in my opinion, Liverpool played well and my liking for Milan strengthened.

Congratulations to AC Milan. And YES, I mean it.

I'd question Milan's status as the best team in their own city, so the idea of them ruling all of Europe feels a bit strange. Not that it works that way.

Because we were the best team in Europe 2 years ago :cain: but that's the way it works. It takes more than hard work to win that trophy. Also takes a bit of luck as Chelsea found out this year.

I am really disappointed. I don't even know where to begin. but the same time, I'm proud because in my opinion, Liverpool played well and my liking for Milan strengthened.

Congratulations to AC Milan. And YES, I mean it.

It was the exact opposite of Istanbul. We played really well in the opening 45 minutes (actually one of the best performances I've seen of Liverpool this year, taking into account the opposition) and once again Rafa got it tactically right over Ancelotti but just like in league games, the timing of his subs were a bit suss. Crouch in the 87th minute? That's a bit late for anything <_< It also seems like we ran out of steam after closing down like mad men in the first half and Gerrard didn't do much. But in the end we were undone by a clinical and experienced Milan side and they controlled large parts of the game. Well done to Milan :cry:

I thought it wouldn't be as bad losing to Milan this time if Kaka got his Champions League medal, but it hurts just as bad as halftime at Istanbul :cry:

Milan didn't really deserve it but oh well champions league is just so boring the last years,i hate all those defensive teams who can only kick long balls forward <_<

The UEFA cup final that was a great game to look at,nice combinations,both teams trying to attack as much as they can and not pulling a wall up when they lead with 1-0,and then that extra time and penalties :D

Ah, comiserations Liverpool. Like you said Ed, it was the exact opposite of Istanbul - but the final ball wasn't good enough (for both teams).

The passing in that game was horrendous, certainly not what I'd be expecting in a CL Final. Not the most exciting of games either, but still it was pretty end-to-end stuff at times.

Well done Milano though, still quite a proffessional display. I doubt they gave 100% at all during that tie...

:)

Milan didn't really deserve it but oh well champions league is just so boring the last years,i hate all those defensive teams who can only kick long balls forward <_<

The UEFA cup final that was a great game to look at,nice combinations,both teams trying to attack as much as they can and not pulling a wall up when they lead with 1-0,and then that extra time and penalties :D

I don't really believe in a team deserving to win (though I have been guilty of using it whenever I want :ninja:). But at the end of the day we screwed our chances and they put theirs in the back of the net. They didn't attack much but they won fair and square :yes: I wish all teams could play great attacking futbol but the world sucks sometimes :p that's why street futbol is the best :thumbsup: It is so pure and people play for joy and to do neat tricks :clap:

Ah, comiserations Liverpool. Like you said Ed, it was the exact opposite of Istanbul - but the final ball wasn't good enough (for both teams).

The passing in that game was horrendous, certainly not what I'd be expecting in a CL Final. Not the most exciting of games either, but still it was pretty end-to-end stuff at times.

Well done Milano though, still quite a proffessional display. I doubt they gave 100% at all during that tie...

:)

I wouldn't have expected it to be a great affair for the neutrals :no: I was pumped up in the final 5 minutes hoping for an equaliser though :woot: but that made the fall all the harder :cry:

Liverpool don't know how to pass <_< Milan played some impressive stuff towards the end. The way they pass to get out of tight situations reminded me of Italy in the WC at times. One-touch passing is the way :yes:

That's probably due to the pressure from Liverpool. We were always running down and closing them down which meant they couldn't really do anything. Then after they took the lead they didn't need to be at 100%. Very professional I must say *refers to Inzaghi incident* :actor:

I don't really believe in a team deserving to win (though I have been guilty of using it whenever I want :ninja:). But at the end of the day we screwed our chances and they put theirs in the back of the net. They didn't attack much but they won fair and square :yes: I wish all teams could play great attacking futbol but the world sucks sometimes :p that's why street futbol is the best :thumbsup: It is so pure and people play for joy and to do neat tricks :clap:

But Liverpool didn't have really good chances i think,but they were the best team,i was really annoyed by how many bad passes some players gave,it was rally CL unworthy,yeah street soccer is great :D

Yeh we didn't really have anything going for us, no really good chances but Alonso and Gerrard's long range shots were good and so was Crouch's shot in the box that drew a great save from Dida :clap: Kuijt's goal was offside though :p

Yeh we didn't really have anything going for us, no really good chances but Alonso and Gerrard's long range shots were good and so was Crouch's shot in the box that drew a great save from Dida :clap: Kuijt's goal was offside though :p

Yeah,it was really typical English soccer Liverpool showed last night,but they deserved at least one goal so it doesn't matter whether it was offside or not :) And i allways wonder how Crouch can play with liverpool,his legs are as wide as a toothpick,when i see him i always think that he has anorexia :|

Let's just hope that the CL will be better next year

Yeah,it was really typical English soccer Liverpool showed last night,but they deserved at least one goal so it doesn't matter whether it was offside or not :) And i allways wonder how Crouch can play with liverpool,his legs are as wide as a toothpick,when i see him i always think that he has anorexia :|

Let's just hope that the CL will be better next year

I wouldn't say it was typical english soccer (there weren't that many long balls :rofl:) but whenever Liverpool use the 4-5-1 they do rely more on their midfielders to score goals than working in into the box. Then again, with so many players that can hit the ball from far you'd be crazy not to take advantage of it :p hahahaha Crouchy is great! I love him when he's performing well. He either scores goals when he's playing well or shoots straight at the keeper when he isn't :/ Kind of like Luis Garcia...great at his best but frustrating when he's not playing well :(

I thought Barca vs Arsenal last year would be a great game but it didn't turn out to be that good. I usually like watching the semi-finals because most of the time the best matches are played then imo :yes:

I wouldn't say it was typical english soccer (there weren't that many long balls :rofl:) but whenever Liverpool use the 4-5-1 they do rely more on their midfielders to score goals than working in into the box. Then again, with so many players that can hit the ball from far you'd be crazy not to take advantage of it :p hahahaha Crouchy is great! I love him when he's performing well. He either scores goals when he's playing well or shoots straight at the keeper when he isn't :/ Kind of like Luis Garcia...great at his best but frustrating when he's not playing well :(

I thought Barca vs Arsenal last year would be a great game but it didn't turn out to be that good. I usually like watching the semi-finals because most of the time the best matches are played then imo :yes:

That's true :) But i think it also sucks playing 4-5-1 then you know when you get 1-0 behind that it will be difficult to still win,why not just play 4-4-2 or my favourite 3-4-3 :D As long if he scores :D But still when i see him in a duel i allways think he will snap like a twig :p

No it wasn't a really good game,and yeah Manchester-Milan was a good game to look at,but i still rather love watching the UEFA cup,those teams are more evenly matched wich allways makes it nice games to look at :)

:cry:

I'm devastated...I have nothing else to say... :cry2:

:hug:

I have never watched a crappier European final. Two chances and two goals for Milan? :blink:

They are such an annoying team... :no:

NOTHING has gone my way in footie this year.

Club Brugge: did not qualify for Europe, worst season in 25 years.

FC Barcelona: out of Europe in 1/8 finals and might still lose La Liga title as well

Liverpool: did not win the CL

Also takes a bit of luck as Chelsea found out this year.

Luck certainly plays a part. Remember how Milan were kicked out of the competition as part of their punishment for their corrupt dealings in that rather large Italian football scandal? Funny how that was overturned. Good job Berlusconi has friends in high places.

NOTHING has gone my way in footie this year.

:cry:

Same here, Arsenal finished fourth which was pooooor, Barca arent going to win the LL.

And MOST importantly, Galatas...Galata.....G..... :cry:

I can't bring myself to say it. We aren't gonna be in the CL next year. :ninja:

....at least Turkey beat Greece 4-1 in Athens. Phew! Saved my year. :evil:

Forgot about that: the Belgian national team won't qualify for the EC. :cry:

Just checked the standing, and at the moment I suppose it doesn't look too good - but you've only played six and are just 4 points off second spot.

It's not at all over yet! Fight fight fight :evil: