Bellazon

Football

goose

Hey peeps :wave:

Have any of you guys watched the Fulam-Sunderland, and/or Stoke-Tottenham games this week? There were amazing moments, where

the ball hit the post THREE times, in Richardsons free-kick, and the last minute penalty of Stoke.

Anyway, Arsenal, and especially Liverpool are really doing great coming back from first half deficits this season. And

Chelsea is doing really great on crushing their opponents, after they take the lead. I was expecting a draw for them this

week against M'boro. FT: 0-5 :|

In Spain, the Madrid derby was an amazing game to watch, and at the end there was a little course of what a defender

SHOULDN'T DO in the last minute of the game.

Barca is on roll, winning 7th straight game in LaLiga & UCL combined. Appearently they're gonna make Messi the highest payed

Barcelona player ever.

But the most important thing is

Valencia kicks ass!!!

:woot: Right Ed? ;)

In Italy, Juve keeps on craping on my title hopes. 4th straight game that we can't win, and yet to score more than once in a

Serie A game.

On the other hand the game of the week was Roma-Inter, and it was supposed to be a close game.

But then a magician said "IBRA CADABRRA" :laugh: , and the game turned into a blowout W for Inter.

And the best news is, Ronaldinho is really getting back, and maybe as the season proceeds he'll become as good (if not better) of a player as he was in Barca.

In UCL there are great games this week, headed by the infamous Juventus vs. Real Madrid :woot:

Also Atletico-Liverpool, and Bayern-Fiorentina were supposed to be the games where players (such as Torres, Toni, Luis Garcia) will play against their former teams, but appearently Toni(maybe) and Torres(certainly) will miss the games.

Honestly, there is nothing that I'd want more on wednsday action, than a Luis Garcia show. Sorry 'pool fans. But it turns out, that the odds of him becoming the player he used to be are really sucky.

Anyway, when the season started I thought that Chelsea vs. Roma would be one of the best match-ups in the group stages, but the way things look right know, it'll be an easy Chelsea victory.

One last thing. Manchester Uniteds UCL record vs. Celtic was really poor when both teams played each other in UCL'07. Hopefully Nakamura has one more surprise left.

eNe, you're back :woot: :hug: :D

Valencia are awesome at the moment, even without Silva :clap: but we have yet to face a side fighting for the Champions League spots. Hopefully we can continue our streak once we do start playing the likes of Sevilla, Villareal, Barcelona and Real Madrid. Still, our football has been a joy to watch this season :drool: and so much better than the defensive-minded tactics of recent years.

I saw highlights of the Richardson's triple post effort :rofl: and to add insult to injury, he had a goal (freekick as well) disallowed!!! :rofl: :bounce:

Liverpool to choke by Xmas :laugh: Poor Torres can't play at his old ground :cry:

Passing, passing & more passing! :p & lots of movement from all of the players...

It's all well and good when one player has lots of skill but if he doesn't know the right time to use skill & to give it off to a team mate then it'll never work for the team...

Also practice shooting with your team mates if that's an area they/you need to improve on..

Have you got a place for training? :)

hey guys, does anyone have any tips for me to improve my 5-a-side team?

at the moment we just dont seem to be able to shoot properly, and too much dribbling from one of our players...

has anyone got suggestions?

TeeKay!!!!! :clap: :woot:

I don't really know what you are having trouble with so I'll just comment in general. How's your touch? Touch and control are really important because of the limited space.

As for the shooting, its indoor so you don't need to whack it really hard, because accuracy is more important in smaller goals. Otherwise you guys should toe punt more because that ensures you get power with minimal back lift.

I think 5-a-side is all about movement personally and I would encourage improving your fitness, because once your fitness increases, almost everything else follows because you can move with off the ball runs, you can chase and pressure in defense, and you can keep your concentration for longer because you don't get tired as easily. Once you can run, it means you can start passing it around more and playing more 1-2s and supporting each other. (And try to encourage your team mate to pass more and dribble less. Beating a man is useful as it opens up space, but more often than not you won't be able to beat many more so encourage him to lay it off)

If you're still having trouble, I would probably suggest playing with some structure like a 2-2 or a 1-2-1 diamond formation.

Otherwise try this website http://futsal-tactics.com/ for tactics. Just place your mouse over the video window and drag your mouse L, R, U or D according to the key they provide you. Hope this helps :D

According to Wenger, the fundamentals of 5-a-side are control, movement, speed, strength and vision - and it's hard to disagree with him. See what he has to say about these things at http://www.powerleague.co.uk/arsene/.

hey guys, does anyone have any tips for me to improve my 5-a-side team?

at the moment we just dont seem to be able to shoot properly, and too much dribbling from one of our players...

has anyone got suggestions?

TeeKay!!!!! :clap: :woot:

I don't really know what you are having trouble with so I'll just comment in general. How's your touch? Touch and control are really important because of the limited space.

As for the shooting, its indoor so you don't need to whack it really hard, because accuracy is more important in smaller goals. Otherwise you guys should toe punt more because that ensures you get power with minimal back lift.

I think 5-a-side is all about movement personally and I would encourage improving your fitness, because once your fitness increases, almost everything else follows because you can move with off the ball runs, you can chase and pressure in defense, and you can keep your concentration for longer because you don't get tired as easily. Once you can run, it means you can start passing it around more and playing more 1-2s and supporting each other. (And try to encourage your team mate to pass more and dribble less. Beating a man is useful as it opens up space, but more often than not you won't be able to beat many more so encourage him to lay it off)

If you're still having trouble, I would probably suggest playing with some structure like a 2-2 or a 1-2-1 diamond formation.

Otherwise try this website http://futsal-tactics.com/ for tactics. Just place your mouse over the video window and drag your mouse L, R, U or D according to the key they provide you. Hope this helps :D

According to Wenger, the fundamentals of 5-a-side are control, movement, speed, strength and vision - and it's hard to disagree with him. See what he has to say about these things at http://www.powerleague.co.uk/arsene/.

TeeKay! :woot::clap::ddr:

As if an Aussie would know. :ninja:

Richardson's free-kick is about to be added to the Guinness Book of Records for hitting the post three times. That's Sunderland for you - we're always breaking records for the wrong reasons :laugh:

Sunderland fan huh? You guys are doing really great this season. There was also another shot by Cisse where the balll hit the post. You guys really deserved to get 3 points this week.

But I guess you can count this out for the 2 points you stole from us :beating:

*proud arsenal fan*

j/k BTW. :hug: Sunderland is really one of my favorite teams to watch this season. ;)

It's nice to see new posters in football thread. ;)

eNe, you're back :woot: :hug: :D

Valencia are awesome at the moment, even without Silva :clap: but we have yet to face a side fighting for the Champions League spots. Hopefully we can continue our streak once we do start playing the likes of Sevilla, Villareal, Barcelona and Real Madrid. Still, our football has been a joy to watch this season :drool: and so much better than the defensive-minded tactics of recent years.

I saw highlights of the Richardson's triple post effort :rofl: and to add insult to injury, he had a goal (freekick as well) disallowed!!! :rofl: :bounce:

Liverpool to choke by Xmas :laugh: Poor Torres can't play at his old ground :cry:

I sure am :D It's feels good to see you guys :hug:

Valencia will probably get Silva right at the time. They'll play Sevilla on Nov.23, and they'll meet in order Barca, Espanyol, Real M, Atletico M, and Villareal in late December, early January. I'd say the fixture is on their advantage, especially considering that they'll host Sevilla, Barca, and Real in the second half of the season. Hopefully they'll repeat the succsess of 2004, when they had won both LaLiga, and Uefa. Cause it looks like after this season, Villa will probably leave for M.City. :(

Anyway, Richardsons freekick was amazing, too bad the goal was annuled. :no: Even though the foul was obvious, the ball was too high to hit the wall. I don't get why teams are putting their own players on the wall, when they are going to shoot it directly(in Richardsons goal, they didn't even fake a pass).

And don't count on Liverpool choking. This year they defeated ManU. :ninja: :p