Bellazon

Football

goose

An American who likes rugby! :clap:

In your view, how does it compare to NFL? :)

:D

I can't say much yet because I'm not an authority yet, but I will say some :blush: .

How would I compare?

Well, the guys in the NFL are crazy :mellow: .

But the guys in rugby are crazy :mellow: .

What I like most about Rugby so far is it gives me a middle ground between the NFL and socceer. Soccer with "attitude" if you will :mellow: .

I can't give a full comparisson yet because I'm still learning the rules :ninja: . But it is becoming one of my favorite sports now along with of course NFL, basketball, golf, wrestling...and of course table tennis :hehe: . I think the NFL has probably more contrast between the different positions than other sports (lineman are the biggest and strongest whereas defensive backs, receivers and punt returners are the fastest) and everyone else is in between (quarterbacks, running backs, linebackers, full backs, tight ends) are anywhere in between. Whereas rugby seems to blend the different tasks for its structure. NFL, you need the best (with the skill and knowledge to play of course) at each individual attribute (throwing, kicking, running, manuevering, catching, covering, tackling, blocking...) to specialize at their position. Whereas in Rugby you need the best (with the knowledge and skill toplay of course) at combining the different areas (running, throwing, kicking, tackling, blocking) opposed to being the best at each quality individually. Both systems work for their respective purpose and are very entertaining :) . Since there are so many players it makes the strategy interresting as well and also because they are contact sports, pressuring offenses is important and seeing how those on the offensive deal with that pressure always builds suspense and excitement. For both, I don't have to have a high score to be entertained. Since scores in both sports don't happen as often as say, basketball, the scores are appreciated in a different way once they do happen. I find low scoring games entertaining as well, because I am entertained by the defense as well and the battle in the trenches, but scoring is always appreciated, of course :nicole: .

I can just sit back, enjoy, grab some nachos and a juice box with the guys and have a good time :) .

:(

Man Utd are moving along nicely, especially since West Ham normally prove tricky for them. :) Ed, what's up with Liverpool today? :idk:

Damn Ronaldo <_< and sorry I wasn't watching Liverpool because I was sleeping, but its normal. We normally get complacent after big victories. I didn't see the line up but I assume Rafa rotated a few players? Especially on the wings? Will watch MOTD for highlights.

Arsenal 4-4 Spurs :chicken:

Harry Houdini? :clap:

Liverpool do it again :cain: . . . They're playing worryingly like champions. :|

Spurs :clap: Harry's doing well isn't he?

Sooner or later our luck will run out... we're getting too lucky. We normally don't have this kind of luck over a whole season, let alone in the first quarter of it :| It all means nothing until early March, and I just hope we can maintain this form in the business end of the season (which I severely doubt :/ )

What I like most about Rugby so far is it gives me a middle ground between the NFL and socceer. Soccer with "attitude" if you will

How is rugby similar to soccer? :| It's probably closer to basketball than rugby or NFL :laugh:

What I like most about Rugby so far is it gives me a middle ground between the NFL and socceer. Soccer with "attitude" if you will

How is rugby similar to soccer? :| It's probably closer to basketball than rugby or NFL :laugh:

Well, Ed, you know how these AmeriQan girls are. They tend to get stuff mixed up. :hehe:

I love rugby more than joe, he loves it for the wrong reasons. :ermm:

He loves it beQause they have bigger balls than a bball and football put together. <_<

Ummmm...The only balls I'm interrested in are sports balls :mellow: .

Well, Ed, you know how these AmeriQan girls are. They tend to get stuff mixed up. :hehe:

:mellow:

Well, it just reminds me of it I guess because of the field...and the way the players are set up :unsure: .

Arsenal 4-4 Spurs :chicken:

Harry Houdini? :clap:

Liverpool do it again :cain: . . . They're playing worryingly like champions. :|

Spurs :clap: Harry's doing well isn't he?

Sooner or later our luck will run out... we're getting too lucky. We normally don't have this kind of luck over a whole season, let alone in the first quarter of it :| It all means nothing until early March, and I just hope we can maintain this form in the business end of the season (which I severely doubt :/ )

Yeah, last night was great. :clap: Never a dull moment at Spurs!

Bentley's goal was reminiscent of Nayim's. :rofl:

Don't be so pessimistic. :cain: Liverpool seem pretty sturdy and have much more depth this season. :)

Tottenham - Liverpool at the weekend. It will be sad to see you undefeated league record disappear. ;)