Bellazon

Football

goose

I think United were crying out for another forward. I saw the Portsmouth game and although they had players missing through injury, the United bench was the weakest I've seen them name for years.

A friend of mine who's a Hull fan (the poor soul) rates Campbell very highly, although to me he looks a little lightweight for the Premier League. I'm guessing he'll mostly act as a backup to Bent and Pavlyuchenko but his pace and goalscoring instincts should make him a useful sub.

Curbs left before he got sacked and 'King Kev' (:laugh:) left - without the pay-out that he desperately needs by the way - because the Newcastle situation is so so ridiculous. A club with Mike Ashley as chairman, Dennis Wise as director of football, and followed by 50,000-odd bare-chested, lobotomised Geordies is never going to work, to be frank.

Michael*, as a Sundelrand fan what do you make of the Newcastle situation? :laugh:

I was just reading an article called 'The Madness of King Kev'. Apparently when they first discussed appointing him, he agreed that the best way forward was to build gradually and bring the young players through, using what Wenger has done at Arsenal as his guide. He then asked the board for £200 million and made plans to sign Thierry Henry, David Beckham and Sami Hyypia :laugh:

For all their fans' delusions of grandeur, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel for them a bit. For the most part though, I'm just enjoying the circus :D