Bellazon

Motion

Neo52285

On 3/7/2022 at 7:56 PM, lucyford said:

Both are native in Portuguese, why they are speaking in English?  It is only because he record this for TikTok right? It's weird if they generally speak in English when they are alone.

@pattI personally don't think it's that weird because both have spent the larger majority of their life in the US. I saw Andre had his high school/ university on his FB (both schools in Miami), so went to school in America. Who knows if he ever really lived in Brazil. They probably speak both. She didn't see he was recording, and responded in English and him speaking English didnt seem to catch her off guard. But she did say something in Portuguese after she saw. Adriana's children aren't fluent in Portuguese, so it doesn't seem like that was ever the main language in her household.

12 minutes ago, lucyford said:

@pattI personally don't think it's that weird because both have spent the larger majority of their life in the US. I saw Andre had his high school/ university on his FB (both schools in Miami), so went to school in America. Who knows if he ever really lived in Brazil. They probably speak both. She didn't see he was recording, and responded in English and him speaking English didnt seem to catch her off guard. But she did say something in Portuguese after she saw. Adriana's children aren't fluent in Portuguese, so it doesn't seem like that was ever the main language in her household.

@lucyford  i can't be sure of course but it looked like a hotel room to me so that's why i especially asked when they alone. Yes definetely their kids not speak Portuguese so speking Portuguese doesn't make sense when they are around.

I also remember, at the Patricia's birthday party they were speaking in Portuguese. But who knows maybe it is just because he was recording for TikTok.

@pattTrue but i mentioned Adriana's kids not speaking it, because that's a reflection of the main language that's been used in her household. Adriana doesn't seem to speak to them in Portuguese much if at all. So if she's more used to speaking English at this point, then this makes sense. Anyways, i said I think they probably speak both since she did say something in Portuguese but I wouldn't be too surprised if its a bit more English than Portuguese. Yes they are both Brazilian, but they have both been around English more than Portuguese.

I think that example is a little different because all the people there were Brazilians it seemed. And people that I think I've seen mainly speak in Portuguese. Like his mom too. 

5 minutes ago, lucyford said:

@pattTrue but i mentioned Adriana's kids not speaking it, because that's a reflection of the main language that's been used in her household. Adriana doesn't seem to speak to them in Portuguese much if at all. So if she's more used to speaking English at this point, then this makes sense. Anyways, i said I think they probably speak both since she did say something in Portuguese but I wouldn't be too surprised if its a bit more English than Portuguese. Yes they are both Brazilian, but they have both been around English more than Portuguese.

I think that example is a little different because all the people there were Brazilians it seemed. And people that I think I've seen mainly speak in Portuguese. Like his mom too. 

i also want to add that His accent is way better than hers in English. This is first time i heard him in English but it is quiet obvious that he is way better than Adriana (easier to understand). Probably because his education level.

@patt Yes it makes sense because he did receive college education and received his education in the US. While Adriana's school years were back in Brazil.. Who knows, maybe he was born in the US or came to the US as a little kid. But it appears Adriana moved to the US older than him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...