Bellazon

News

Neo52285

However, I don't recall seeing a hall or anything where a show could take place but like I said there are renovations as we speak.

I live in the Miami area and yes the Fontainbleau is very nice and gorgeous. Renovations are taking place but I am sure it will be ready by the time of the show. It would be appropriate place considering that Miami Beach is a tourist location and there is laid back energy near the beach. It will be about 65 degrees here in November/December. :) :fun:
Sounds like this new place could be a great setting for the show!
The Fontainebleau hotel spans nearly 10 city blocks of Miami Beach ocean-front with its 1504 rooms, 2 new all-suite luxury towers; 11 restaurants and lounges and a 40,000-square-foot spa. The Fontainebleau’s dramatic oceanfront poolscape features a free-form pool in the shape of the hotel’s signature bow-tie design created by the Fontainebleau’s original architect, Morris Lapidus.

http://www.southbeach-usa.com/news/hotels/...et-miami-beach/

No, I didn't read your post. I posted my second one immediately. Just wondering how they will do it.

I will be in Miami Beach tomorrow on Ocean Drive so I will definitely get a chance to see what's really new there.

Did you read my post Yasume? I'm thinking it might take place at the oceanfront pool area...

isn't this the same hotel where Whitney Houston's character in The Bodyguard stayed? she was out on that balcony with Kevin Costner. really nice hotel rooms ... though that was 15 years ago. haha.

SO excited to read that they're changing the location. i felt like VS had taken on too much of that "youthful, ditzy" thing that Hollywood is all about these days. AND the runway was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short!

I don't remember it from the Bodyguard. I agree that the Hollywood thing was a bit much. If it going to be oceanfront then that gives it a certain calm and sophistication. :)

Well, at least we know Adriana and some of the other favorites will definitely be there.

isn't this the same hotel where Whitney Houston's character in The Bodyguard stayed? she was out on that balcony with Kevin Costner. really nice hotel rooms ... though that was 15 years ago. haha.

SO excited to read that they're changing the location. i felt like VS had taken on too much of that "youthful, ditzy" thing that Hollywood is all about these days. AND the runway was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short!

With such an exclusive ocean front, it would be a shame to drag the show into a nondescript hall, no? When I think about Miami, I think about palm trees, beaches and pool parties. By placing the show on the oceanfront poolscape, they would evoke some of that Miami vibe. I'm not sure how they're going to pull it off from a practical standpoint, but I can already envision the runway stretching over the pool, spotlights glittering in the water etc. (it will take place in the evening of course). But yea, I'm not sure how big and unobstructed that area really is and there's gotta be room for an audience too. And music tends to sound better in a hall I guess.

All very interesting...

Sheebshag,

All of those things you said about Miami is why I love living here. Beaches and the weather (except Hurricanes). Having the show here would bring a different element than previous shows. We will see how VS pulls it off.

Wow, I am posting more than usual tonite. Maybe because I am sipping on a Mojito...LOL

:laugh:

With such an exclusive ocean front, it would be a shame to drag the show into a nondescript hall, no? When I think about Miami, I think about palm trees, beaches and pool parties. By placing the show on the oceanfront poolscape, they would evoke some of that Miami vibe. I'm not sure how they're going to pull it off from a practical standpoint, but I can already envision the runway stretching over the pool, spotlights glittering in the water etc. (it will take place in the evening of course). But yea, I'm not sure how big and unobstructed that area really is and there's gotta be room for an audience too. And music tends to sound better in a hall I guess.

All very interesting...

• 3 weeks later...

Lullaby (administrator on AAOF) wrote this to us in Adriana's thread:

"Great news! We have been told that there is a VERY HIGH chance that her website will open very soon! Within a month. We can not make any real promises, but we've been given the go ahead on saying something so let's keep our fingers crossed!"

:clap: