Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

From the book called "New Classic Beauty" - it has Kim Alexis on the cover - although the book is dated 1987, I think some of the pictures inside are from earlier. There is only 1 picture of Paulina in the book.

post-18318-1219067623_thumb.jpg post-18318-1219067697_thumb.jpg

small

post-18318-1219067749_thumb.jpg post-18318-1219067836_thumb.jpg

german petra May 1989 - for a lack of time the photos are only taken with my digital camera - I did a search for "petra", but could´t find it in this topic, so SORRY if re-post. The pics of the editorial are all from Glaviano. I don´t have longer the cover-look, so no idea who shoot the cover. And this pic with her husband and Miss Lauder is for sure also not of Glaviano.

post-21846-1219218919_thumb.jpg post-21846-1219218990_thumb.jpg post-21846-1219219054_thumb.jpg post-21846-1219219122_thumb.jpg post-21846-1219219196_thumb.jpg post-21846-1219219269_thumb.jpg post-21846-1219219336_thumb.jpg

"SIRENS" Glaviano book pages with Paulina to show kalaudia it really worths to buy it.

Thanks for your post. I had the same question.

A while ago, I asked PhilA (I think the post was lost in the crash) which fashion photography book in his (extensive) library he would recommend to someone who might be buying their first book. Or, the question was something like that. I can't remember exactly. But the thing about it to me was, the prices of these books as used books was very puzzling.

Sirens was one the books I was looking to buy. I liked many of the models, and especially Ashley Richardson. And that book could be had, used in good condition, for about ten US dollars. And there were many used copies available.

The book Phil recommended was Fashion Fetish Fantasy, Mugler. At the time, I could find only one copy of that for sale, used of course, and that copy was something like 300 US dollars. !

I think I decided it was just my own lack of taste and sophistication, but I just couldn't make sense of such a disparity in prices. If I could have thirty books like Sirens or one book like Fashion Fetish Fantasy. I realize that one book is rare and will appeal to serious collectors and fans, but I find the difference in prices between those two books very surprising. And bewildering.

Glad you joined Bellazon, by the way, MissParker.

:wave:

two more for Estée Lauder: cover Harper´s Bazaar en espanol Venezuela edition Ano 9 no. 9 (is this September 1988?) and a cutout from an article of the german FREIZEIT REVUE magazine - sorry, no date.

post-21846-1219330416_thumb.jpg post-21846-1219330628_thumb.jpg

Had not seen that Bazaar cover, thanks missp! :wave:

US Vogue December 2002

"The Modern Muses"

Models: Patti Hansen, Carolyn Murphy, Paulina Porizkova, Lisa Taylor, Amber Valletta, Claudia Schiffer, Christy Turlington, Stephanie Seymour, Naomi Campbell, Iman, Lauren Hutton, Kate Moss & Gisele Bündchen

Photographed by Annie Leibovitz

Source: http://djuna.cine21.com/christy

:heart: :heart: :heart:

99_11_01a.jpg

I had posted the "woman in velvet" picture some 30 or 40 pages ago. It was my own scan from a leaflet.

Hello my dear friend snmkytkn. :wave: Is there any chance you posted that "woman in velvet" picture on another thread (maybe the '80's one?). I did not remember ever seeing it before, so I took a look back through all of Paulina's 96 pages and I may have missed it, but I did not see posted before. It really is amazing to see this thread has gotten so far! There are several of the '80's models whose threads are more pages, but 96 (and still growing) is terrific to see!

It's so nice to see you on Paulina's thread again. :hug: :kiss: :kiss: