Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

and this is all what I got once on Paulina from this magazine (The New York Times Magazine FASHIONS OF THE TIMES) and went complete to kalaudia

I hope this will help you for your search and PLEASE, let me know if you come across something on Renée Simonsen which might be new for my collection.

Missparker - thank you for all of the NYTimes Fashions of the Times pictures and information. I'm having a hard time finding them but if and when they are available, the pictures you provided will definitely help! And you know I've always got my eye out for new Renee pictures for you. :wave:

Also, any idea where a non-New Yorker might go to view archived New York Times? I tried a few different google searches and it seems that unless I'm a New York resident or a government official, I can't get in to view.

First of all, sorry to be a bit late responding to you. My account got locked-up this weekend when I attempted to update my email address. I could log-in, but not post or PM. It was, annoying. Thanks here go to PinkCouture, who fixed my account!

You ask about The New York Times (NYT) archives.

1. Try your local public library. You may be able to get access to a searchable archive of the NYT (and other newspapers) through your library's website. That's how I did the research I quoted above.

Also, if you're near a State-funded university, you may be able to get access/service there as a member of the public. You won't be able to work through the university library's website, but you should be able to get service as a walk-in patron. (Call before you go, obviously. Hopefully, you can also speak with a Reference Librarian to find out what databases the university has, and which ones will be available to you.) It might even be that you'll find an "old"-style, microfilm-based archive of the NYT, right there at the library. That would provide you with a picture of every page of the newspaper, albeit of very, very low quality. The university library near me maintains one of those systems for a collection of now-out-of-print magazines.

2. The NYT has their own archive. You may be able to get something through them (and their website), though I expect it won't be for free. I don't know if they consider ads that ran in the Sunday Magazine to be "part" of their journalistic archive, but it's possible.

Talking about The New York Times Magazine versus The New York Times versus New York Magazine.

It turns out that New York Magazine has a Model Index, including pages for many of the supers. Paulina has a page, including a brief bio, and a 31-picture slideshow including covers, ads, and candids.

http://nymag.com/fashion/models/pporizkova/paulinaporizkova

I thought there were some nice things in the slideshow.

I AM ANN TAYLOR post-3324-0-1446022598-78845_thumb.jpg

http://nymag.com/fashion/models/pporizkova...a_88_oscar.html

http://nymag.com/fashion/models/pporizkova...ov_harpers.html

Hello, Good morning! I've just arrived home and what marvellous surprise!!! there are progress in our "favourite researches".

Thank you Missparker, in 5 seconds you've given me the information that I've searching since 10 years. When I've seen all "Fashion of the times" issues I 've felt very nervous.

Thank you, Steve for your knowledges in New york times magazine. I bought the complete issues of "The New yorker" newspaper (the CD collection) one year ago but there isn't any special Estee lauder's ad that you don't show in this forum.

About my stolen photo ( to paparazzi style), it was captured in 1995 I thought, in that year Paulina had finished her contract with Estee Lauder but the cosmetic company hadn't found a new face yet, and they could use the Paulina's image using a previous pics. That year I went to London in holidays and visiting the Harvey-Nichols department stores (Knigthbridge st.) I saw this poster-brochure in the Estee Lauder counter (inside the shop). I asked to the shop assistant if I could take a photograph and she was very kind and she wasn't opposed. I was lucky! There isn't a good quality pic but... :whistle:

Today I'll try to scan more brochures for you.

See you later..... sorry! write you later. :wave:

elite model agency book January - June 1986 - there´s currently one at ebay with Paulina inside:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

They didn´t wrote her last name in the book. The contents page of my book shows this 2nd cover of GLAMOUR mag. in the 2nd row from the books page. So I think this one at ebay is different to mine.

If someone is interested in bidding, there´s another bidder who always bids in the last seconds HIGH. I´ve lost every past auction on such books against him.

post-21846-1218965072_thumb.jpg

elite model agency book January - June 1986 - there´s currently one at ebay with Paulina inside:

Thanks for the link. I like those "insider"/industry things, like the agency books. :)

there´s another bidder who always bids in the last seconds HIGH.

That's called "auction sniping". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auction_sniping

Now I am a little bit embarrassed to tell you this, but I do that too when I bid on eBay. (I'm not the evil person who has been outbidding you, though. I promise.) I have found it is a much better strategy to bid very late on eBay, than to bid my maximum amount early.

Since we have some new people here - does anyone have high quality (HQ) scans of any of these ads/brochures I'm looking for? The whole ad is preferable, if possible. If not, just the picture would also be great! :wave:

post-18318-1217992043_thumb.jpg

Hello Red,

You were looking for these Lauder pictures. Ransacked my cellar only to find them in my desk just next to my computer. They're part of a travel agency's catalogue (?1992): Francorosso teaming up with Estee Lauder titled IL FASCINO DEL SOLE. With most pictures Lauder advertised "Advanced Suncare".

post-22099-1218980782_thumb.jpg

post-22099-1218980874_thumb.jpg

post-22099-1218980920_thumb.jpg

post-22099-1218980971_thumb.jpg

post-22099-1218981034_thumb.jpg

post-22099-1218981084_thumb.jpg

post-22099-1218981131_thumb.jpg

One other thing about looking through 96 pages! I think that's when you see how very, very useful it is when the original poster has included something like the titles, or dates, or some other information with their post. Looking for one specific picture from (you think) ~40 pages ago? If the original poster included some descriptive info, you can find what you're looking for with a simple Search of the thread. :)

destination1991.jpg futureperfectbay.jpg futureperfectpaulina.jpg

Since we have some new people here - does anyone have high quality (HQ) scans of any of these ads/brochures I'm looking for? The whole ad is preferable, if possible. If not, just the picture would also be great! :wave:

post-18318-1217992043_thumb.jpg

Hello Red,

You were looking for these Lauder pictures. Ransacked my cellar only to find them in my desk just next to my computer. They're part of a travel agency's catalogue (?1992): Francorosso teaming up with Estee Lauder titled IL FASCINO DEL SOLE. With most pictures Lauder advertised "Advanced Suncare".

WOW Kalaudia! Thank you so much. :hug: :kiss:

Hello Red,

Some ESTÈE LAUDER for redhead.

I did a research for "Lauder" in this post, but didn´t find them - Sorry if re-post, but I can´t look through 96 pages. I can only agree to steve with an s: a little description doesn´t hurt and is such a big help if you search for something later on! The first one kalaudia had in a posting before as a cutout - here it comes in full-page size.

"DIE FARBEN FÜRS FRÜHJAHR" - Just Blush

post-21846-1219054454_thumb.jpg

german BRAVO GIRL! March 13, 1991

"Perfekte Pflege für schönere Lippen" - Perfect Lipstick

post-21846-1219054649_thumb.jpg

german Maxi October 1989

"Perfekte Pflege für schönere Nägel" - Perfect Finish

post-21846-1219054800_thumb.jpg

german Maxi November 1989

"IN SONNE GETAUCHT" - Heading West

post-21846-1219054984_thumb.jpg

german petra March 1989

"Die neuen Make up´s..."

post-21846-1219056324_thumb.jpg

german (cutout) - unknown source, but guess for the paper quality it´s from a BURDA international magazine