Bellazon

If Gisele leaves, who do you think the next VS angel will be

ninanina19

basically then, what i said was that:

KK is the "Head Girl" now at VS because she's the only one who's actually been successful in the rest of the modelling world. sure, Adriana has a cosmetics contract and has an advertisement with an Italian cell phone company, BUT, KK is the one with the Vogue, W, Elle, Bazaar, etc covers, the one who's had every high fashion campaign imaginable at some point in her career. she OPENED the VS show in 2001 and has been a major star in each of their shows since. she's just generally more successful as well as respected and known within the industry than any of the other girls.

OH --- hahaaaaa. um ... i found the post i thought i put here ... it's actually in KK's thread. erm ... well ... *foot in my mouth* ... yeeaaah.

anyway, in terms of actual usage though, i'd say that Ale is more like VS's head girl. they are using her for everything. all the promotions, and shoots, etc. and she was soooo good at last year's show. Ale has a beauty that is very easy to understand, very easy to relate to, whereas i think that KK can be more "love/hate". Adriana has been left behind for sure.

i think it's unfair to assume that Selita was hired just because she's black and they needed a black model. she has an incredibly fit and healthy body, gorgeous features, perfect skin, and a spectacular outgoing confident personality. she's perfect for the brand and though i don't think she's the next "Main Angel", i definitely think she's their real rising star and she'll carve out her niche in the entertainment world easily.

basically then, what i said was that:

KK is the "Head Girl" now at VS because she's the only one who's actually been successful in the rest of the modelling world. sure, Adriana has a cosmetics contract and has an advertisement with an Italian cell phone company, BUT, KK is the one with the Vogue, W, Elle, Bazaar, etc covers, the one who's had every high fashion campaign imaginable at some point in her career. she OPENED the VS show in 2001 and has been a major star in each of their shows since. she's just generally more successful as well as respected and known within the industry than any of the other girls.

OH --- hahaaaaa. um ... i found the post i thought i put here ... it's actually in KK's thread. erm ... well ... *foot in my mouth* ... yeeaaah.

anyway, in terms of actual usage though, i'd say that Ale is more like VS's head girl. they are using her for everything. all the promotions, and shoots, etc. and she was soooo good at last year's show. Ale has a beauty that is very easy to understand, very easy to relate to, whereas i think that KK can be more "love/hate". Adriana has been left behind for sure.

i think it's unfair to assume that Selita was hired just because she's black and they needed a black model. she has an incredibly fit and healthy body, gorgeous features, perfect skin, and a spectacular outgoing confident personality. she's perfect for the brand and though i don't think she's the next "Main Angel", i definitely think she's their real rising star and she'll carve out her niche in the entertainment world easily.

I agree...and I think Selita is amazing! She is refreshing in a way none of the other angels are(save Miranda)

I don't think there is anything wrong w/ having so many Brazilian models :no:

Seriously, what does that have anything to do with anything? :blink: I think it is lame to discriminate based on nationality, ethnicity, race, and etc.

I agree with ninanina19. But I don't think there's discrimination involved. It's just that a few years ago, if someone said this or that model was Brazilian, I would think, "Oh, she must be hot! Let me go check her out!" Now if someone said it to me, my response would be: "And I should care for what reason?" :huh:

I don't think there is anything wrong w/ having so many Brazilian models :no:

Seriously, what does that have anything to do with anything? :blink: I think it is lame to discriminate based on nationality, ethnicity, race, and etc.

I agree with ninanina19. But I don't think there's discrimination involved. It's just that a few years ago, if someone said this or that model was Brazilian, I would think, "Oh, she must be hot! Let me go check her out!" Now if someone said it to me, my response would be: "And I should care for what reason?" :huh:

She singled out a certain group, so she did discriminate.

My point was, I don't think a model's nationality should be a factor regarding this matter.

She singled out a certain group, so she did discriminate.

My point was, I don't think a model's nationality should be a factor regarding this matter.

I disagree once again. :laugh: I mean, is there a huge group of, say, Czech models being lauded by the public as so hot and ninanina19 is ignoring them to discriminate against Brazilians? Not at all. The Brazilian models are the most prominent and it's not discrimination to point that out. And look at it: within the recent VS angels line-up, there has been four Brazilians. Coincidence? I think not. So clearly nationality is a factor in this.

:rofl:

I think you have to look at the time those girls were brought into the VS fold. At the time, Brazil was the most dominant country in modelling. So it's not surprising that they ended up with four Brazilians, the pond they were fishing in at the time was dominated by Brazilians.

Which reminds me of the casting for the 2003 VSFS fresh face. They asked a girl who came to the casting where she was from, and she answered "Brazil", to which a member of the casting panel replied, "Brazil??? Is there anyone left down there?" :rofl:

I think you have to look at the time those girls were brought into the VS fold. At the time, Brazil was the most dominant country in modelling. So it's not surprising that they ended up with four Brazilians, the pond they were fishing in at the time was dominated by Brazilians.

Which reminds me of the casting for the 2003 VSFS fresh face. They asked a girl who came to the casting where she was from, and she answered "Brazil", to which a member of the casting panel replied, "Brazil??? Is there anyone left down there?" :rofl:

For awhile European models were dominating the modeling scene, but now it is the Brazilians. I think they will lose their reign pretty soon, but I am not sure what nationality will be next :cain:

For awhile European models were dominating the modeling scene, but now it is the Brazilians. I think they will lose their reign pretty soon, but I am not sure what nationality will be next :cain:

Belgians! :rofl:

Elise Crombez and Jessica Van Der Steen as VS angels, anyone? :p