Bellazon

US Vogue May (or maybe June) 2007

ninanina19

I read the thread and although I got some good laughs but i can't help but express my thoughts.....cause i can. -lol-

People were debating the ability to model and beauty of a girl. And although 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' some poeple can't get over the fact that they think someone is ugly, so they say she's a bad model. Sasha for example. I LOVE! ADORE! This girl. She can model, one of the best editorial models I've ever seen, and yet some people say that because she had diff features she sucks. It's not right, but people are shallow minded in that way. The ability to convey a mood or sell a product is what makes a model, a model. Beauty is different for everyone. But that hurdle is something people can't get over. Okay, don't think she's pretty but give merit to the work a girl has done. I'm not just saying this about Sasha, I mean it as a whole.

As for the cover....onto my less mature moment.... WHAT THE HELL IS CHANEL DOING ON THERE?! That has to be the biggest load of bull crap I've ever seen.

Everyone else, I'm good with. Especially Sasha, Coco, Lily, and Stammy. :wub:

I wish Eugenia were there. I used to hate her, now I love her.

I believe that Carol will be the next supermodel.

But you know what ?

She is the only one in this list that could become huge...

Maybe Doutzen too.

Even so...I don't think none of those girls will be a icon or revolutionize the industry.

Besides, I don't see any different in some of them,

and I cannot believe either,

they didn't put Natasha on the cover.

Huge mistake !

I think Chanel deserves it eventhough she is not famous yet she is pretty popular she is on her way up. What black girl would you rather have?

Why does there have to be a black girl at all? That's blatant racial tokenism, and frankly, I'm sick of it. Chanel was probaly chosen because she was both black and Asian--"killing two birds with one stone", as cynical as that may sound. If they HAD to include a "model of color" (ugh, I hate that phrase), they should've chose Du Juan. At least she has the work to back it up.

I think Chanel deserves it eventhough she is not famous yet she is pretty popular she is on her way up. What black girl would you rather have?

Why does there have to be a black girl at all? That's blatant racial tokenism, and frankly, I'm sick of it. Chanel was probaly chosen because she was both black and Asian--"killing two birds with one stone", as cynical as that may sound. If they HAD to include a "model of color" (ugh, I hate that phrase), they should've chose Du Juan. At least she has the work to back it up.

Agreed. Also Lily should be here. She would've made the cover so much more interesting.