Bellazon

Catherine McNeil
Thumbnail

Sweet rus

I think the only reason why she did so many runway shows is that in person, shes beautiful. She has the eyes and jawline or a russian, as well as an ok walk, but she just cant get any intensity in her eyes. She kinda has the jawline of another model called ikeline stange, who knows how to use her face and eyes in photos. She just has to learn how to take good photos.

Maybe mario testino or mark knight will get a good photo out of her?

Plus, does anyone think shes a tad skinny? Ive seen her in Australia for a while now and she had an good body but looking at her in the milan and paris shows, shes a lot skinnier. Not a good thing.

:rofl:

well, I can understand what you mean about the intensity - she has to learn. But comparing her to Iekeliene, who cannot be called "beautiful" in a classical way while Catherine can be called so, is really ridiculous, without wanting to be aggressive :flower: (since I love Iekeliene to some extend I wouldn't insult her, she's just not beautiful.^^)

And skinny... Well, as long she doesn't become a Snejana - beautiful face, awful body - I wouldn't complain, she's one of the most beautiful and healthiest girls we see for sure :flower:

By no means am i calling ikeline beautiful. She ugly, but she knows how to use her face and take a good photo.

As for her being skinny, Snejana is ukranian and all ukranian models are naturally thin. Theyre like russian models (although eugenia volodina, valentina and natasha poly are exceptions, theyve all got mad bodies)My problem is that catherine wasnt this skinny before she went to milan and paris, and when you can see someone clavecal, its a bit worrying... Plus, there all these idiots out there trying to vilificate models causing anorexia, and id hate to see them using catherine, but its not that extreme, yet.

Ah alright, I'll understand you then.

I won't begin that "ukrainian & russian models are naturally thin" debate here since it would be really a joke and just would become offensive, but anyways. I know what you mean with the skinniness, but as long it doesn't look anorexic and sick (what is sadly the normal thing in the business) I won't be too worried about Catherine :heart:

V47 PREVIEW: MARIO TESTINO AND CATHERINE McNEIL

The next supermodel? Meet a girl from Australia who's giving them all a run for their money

042307testinomcneil425yq7.jpg

Since debuting at the March shows, Catherine McNeil has single-handedly

turned the modeling world on its head. She's signed on to a six-month

exclusive contract with Mario Testino, who's been shooting her non-stop

for every campaign and cover possible. A striking V47

cover signals her American debut. In our 18-page fall fashion preview,

Catherine wears the best from the New York, Paris, and Milan shows.

Here's a preview for the moment. Stay tuned for a first glimpse of

Catherine's bold cover look.

Photography Mario Testino

V47 Summer 2007 is on newsstands everywhere May 15th.

as much as i love Catherine i despise that ad, it looks like a Burberry ad gone wrong, and Catherine doesn't really look great here :ninja:

i totally agree :rofl:

despite the fact that sometimes I think she looks like she doesn't know what she's doing in some pictures, sometimes she nails it and looks stunning.