Bellazon

Windows Vista

Qball

I have been having this problem with Vista for the past few weeQs and it's too annoying for me to handle. I have to restart 3 times before i Qan use it..

You know why?

When i turn my lappy on the 1st time, it will run, then suddenly, it will have jagged lines all over and not process on to the next thing, but it will be stuQ with the distorted image.

2nd time, i restart, it will go to the sQreen where it asQs you to launch startup repair. So, i cliQ that and it launches the startup repair, but after a min, it will go baQ to the jagged lines thingy of the startup repair...

3rd time (sometimes), it manages to go all the way to the login sQreen, and when i sQan my fingerprint, the jagged lines QomebaQ again. <_<

I thinQ it must be the VISTA updates. :/

SOMEBODY HELP ME! :cry:

Actually Ire..

A computer I worked on.. we first did a backwards restore to see if that was doing this.. if it were the updates it eliminates them until you grant there return or replace them with an update.. i found the laptop was getting too hot and burning out components.. but lyou should first eliminate software issues before you get into the hardware.

There is a Trojun that has done something similar to this on my computer but not completely what you described.. so you might want to run a different anti virus scan if yours has not picked up anything just in case.. there is a lot of free scans online .. I recommend trendmicro's housecall.

I tried, and they said it was nothing... But the problem still persists. Please, i really need help for this! :/

hmmm. find the latest one, and install it again... Maybe you need an update :)

:cain:

It tooQ me 16 times / 45 mins to start my laptop (1 & a half hours ago).

:cry:

I asked a buddy I know in repair.. try this.. attach a external monitor to your laptop .. although I do not think it is a connection to you monitor . its worth a try.. and cheaper to eliminate this being the issue.. Vista has trouble with start up for a few people I know .. but it does not seem to have the issues you are having.. if you are all updated the fixes should be there.. do you send the error reports to microsoft when you have programming problems? From wha tI was told about this some updates can be specifically created from these reports and if you need an update it would not get to you if they are not aware of issues.. not that I completely understand what was explained to me.. I understood .. send the reports as much as possible. This computer has been having a few issues with wanting me to start in repair mode.. but I ignore it and go in normal.. I do not have to restart when I do this and I do not see errors in how it is running.. Well actually it did it a few times last week .. it hasn't since I went back to a restore point.. and found a trojun .. so :idk:

from what my friend told me, what seems to be the top problem with this in laptops and has been specifically for the past few years is internal over heating.. it is frying things inside.. the video card can be going out but what has been needing to be replaced more than anything is the actual processor.. and let me tell you if it is this .. I would suggest to get the new processors that are for XP.. and get a really good external cooler for the laptop and one that is not illusive to cooling your system.. I have seen the design on some of those and they are not very good.. I found a good one at a mid range price .. has 3 fans and actually draws the air from the side instead of the bottom.. what is the logic on cooling a laptop from the bottom where the odds of sitting on something is greater than not.

My friend also pointed out that the newer computers seems to be more and more disposable with the way the seem to be built.. more and more the design doesn't cool well and they are not designed to with stand the heat like the computers only five years ago. I almost want to get a desktop after all that I have heard but I am soooo adicted to my laptops now. Sitting in one spot will drive me nuts.

I asked a buddy I know in repair.. try this.. attach a external monitor to your laptop .. although I do not think it is a connection to you monitor . its worth a try.. and cheaper to eliminate this being the issue.. Vista has trouble with start up for a few people I know .. but it does not seem to have the issues you are having.. if you are all updated the fixes should be there.. do you send the error reports to microsoft when you have programming problems? From wha tI was told about this some updates can be specifically created from these reports and if you need an update it would not get to you if they are not aware of issues.. not that I completely understand what was explained to me.. I understood .. send the reports as much as possible. This computer has been having a few issues with wanting me to start in repair mode.. but I ignore it and go in normal.. I do not have to restart when I do this and I do not see errors in how it is running.. Well actually it did it a few times last week .. it hasn't since I went back to a restore point.. and found a trojun .. so :idk:

from what my friend told me, what seems to be the top problem with this in laptops and has been specifically for the past few years is internal over heating.. it is frying things inside.. the video card can be going out but what has been needing to be replaced more than anything is the actual processor.. and let me tell you if it is this .. I would suggest to get the new processors that are for XP.. and get a really good external cooler for the laptop and one that is not illusive to cooling your system.. I have seen the design on some of those and they are not very good.. I found a good one at a mid range price .. has 3 fans and actually draws the air from the side instead of the bottom.. what is the logic on cooling a laptop from the bottom where the odds of sitting on something is greater than not.

My friend also pointed out that the newer computers seems to be more and more disposable with the way the seem to be built.. more and more the design doesn't cool well and they are not designed to with stand the heat like the computers only five years ago. I almost want to get a desktop after all that I have heard but I am soooo adicted to my laptops now. Sitting in one spot will drive me nuts.

Your explanation maQes SO MUCH SENSE! :cry: it tooQ me to safe mode today, but idk what to do!

Your explanation maQes SO MUCH SENSE! :cry: it tooQ me to safe mode today, but idk what to do!

I would suggest to try normal start as much as possible safe mode and the repairs Vista is supposed to do seems to bug too much.. I wish I were there I am so much better with hands on in things I do.. and I wish I had better news for you on how to fix this.. try to not let it get hot as much as possible it may not cure the problems but it may help it from getting worse.. BTW .. the laptop I have now is beginning to bug again.. it keeps getting this stupid trojun I can't seem to track down and get rid of.. I am not familar with Vista's environment.. it sucks.. but anyway.. i hope another reverse to a restore point works again.

i'm afraid to do a system restore Quz i don't want to lose any info

If by 'restore' you mean the System Restore tool – then you don't lose any documents: video/music/images or otherwise, that you've stored since the problem. However, it will reverse any software installations you made, aka uninstall them.

If you mean restoring the computer back to the factory settings with the recovery disks, then yes, you will lose everything.

i'm flirting with the idea of vista more and more every day... i got some direct x 10 hacks to run under xp but it's not doing it for me...

methinks i'll be using my msdn password to get server 2008... apparantly it's the same kernel as vista... which is excellent... but it doesn't have all those bs features that made it run like crap.

Ire

This is interesting .. I just had some serious issues starting my laptop .. uuggghh.. but it reacted the way you describe yours.. I have a question.. are you in the same country the laptop was purchased and is the setting the same as the country you came from?

If you have changed the configuration for countries .. it really really treaks vista out .. I had to force it to change the setting back to my orginal setting myself.. but it did exactly what you described when someone suggested I change the configuration on my computer to get a program to work .. lol .. I am not doing that again.

I just discovered that through my program, I have an MSDN Student Alliance account. Awesome.

They're doing some upgrades right now so not all the software is actually available right now. So while waiting for Windows Server 2008 to show up again, I installed Vista on my desktop.... My hard drive has not shut up yet. This is what I get for not waiting.

I grow tired of hacking DirectX 10 to work with XP. It doesn't as well as it would with the Vista Kernel....

:wave: Here's my opinion of Vista.

I'm no computer genius but I built a computer and I run Vista Home Premium. I've had very few problems.

I read so many forums and blogs, etc. I think the biggest problem people have is not enough RAM and an not fast enough CPU.

In simple language.."you can't make a Volkswagon run like a Ferrari" Both are good cars but for different applications.

:lost:

• 3 months later...

I have vista and I am not a huge fan of it.. It looks good and has some great features however as an over all I find it very heavy I guess you could call it. My system isn't bad, however on start up and this is with the factory settings and nothing installed, (obviously that's changed a bit) it was using 2gb of memory, which I find somewhat irritating, not to mention there are way to many processes and it freaks me out.

My system is as follows

Intel® core2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.33 GHz

6.00 GB Ram

And my biggest issue - 64-bit operating system :(

not to mention there are way to many processes and it freaks me out

That's probably because when you install new apps you just clicks "yes" at each step, or just choose the automatic installation rather than the custom/manual one. This installs a lot of launchers, configuration ultilities and other apps that load at start up and then continue to run in the background, unnecessarily tying up resources.

You probably also have a bunch of system services that you could disable.

Actually, Vista really does have a lot of scary shit going on in the background. Even if you install it clean from a retail box.

Add all the RAM and raw CPU power you want... Vista will still run like crap just for that reason alone. Your hard drive will typically be busy for a good 10 minutes every time you boot. I've got a Raptor too...

Right now, I'm actually running Server 2008. It's identical to Vista kernel wise except all the junk that comes with Vista is not installed by default. All you have to do is install your desired Vista features and disable the shutdown tracker. I've got a crappy little X2 4200+ (Windsor), 4GB 800MHz RAM, and a 4850 for video. Runs smoother than it ever did with XP.

No I generally do custom installations, I hate having addititional stuff installed, however when I look at my process list I notice there's a lot of processes listed as 32 bit. I'm not the best with computers, but it seems like way to many processes running, especially on startup :(