Bellazon

Things That Could Make BZ Even Better

CarMELita

Deny it you should :ninja::laugh: .

To me polls actually have the potential for greater relevance seeing as how they can potentially amass far more votes than any competition round can. The more votes there are, the more relevant the comparisson is to me. Some make the case that people change their minds which we see with competitions as people go from giving a ten to a six in just a few short months. With polls, you can only vote once anyway, so it makes no difference to me whether someone changes their mind or not. There's really no significant difference between the same person now thinking that Lindsay is prettier than Erin and a new person altogether thinking Lindsay is prettier than Erin anyway. The real issue is that some use them to PIP by saying the name of who they voted for in a thread that hasn't been posted in for several years opposed to joining in an actual discussion. In the end, it is called Babe Polls and was created for polls and competitions later came onto the scene so I don't see getting rid of polls only because they inconvenience some competitions. That's not to say I prefer one over the other. When I frequented, it was finding out a new name and the commentary of the voters that made it interresting rather than the format. What I will likely do though is create a subforum for one or the other. Either competitions will keep the main side because they're trending or polls its called Babe Polls. Maybe the one with the most threads or hits in the last year will get the main side, but whatever the arrangement, a member that likes one has just as much right to it and this should satisfy both sides.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't they still take up space even when staff members are the only ones that see them? Plus it seems to me that some who want to do several versions of a competition in the same thread might want to compare current trends to past trends. Of course, I myself would vote in favor of keeping the old comps because the comments were funny back then :laugh::ninja: . At least its something I can get a quick laugh at if its a day when I have nothing but work here. I don't see a point in moving them to the comps side on the other hand if they haven't been replied to in two or more months though. If the started decides to pick them back up, they can come over though.