Bellazon

Things That Could Make BZ Even Better

CarMELita

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 22/03/2013 at 7:22 PM, Begonia said:

be able to delete a post

Maybe I've been on staff too long, but all I can think about is the potential for a function like that to be abused. Continuity is so vitally important on a forum like ours and a certain element of misbehaviour is unavoidable online.

^ Agree,though I like the idea of us being able to delete a post,but if such function be used by all,then the place would be sort of a mess,anyone says anything then regrets it,he/she hurries to delete,when at that time,many had responded to it,among other reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

1. give warning first, and a reason why? instead of suspending for 10 day, without a first warning about it. if they keep doing it then suspended them for 10 day.

2. been able to check only private message while your suspended.

3. make Rules a lot easier to read in a shorter way. (when rules are too long, people don't read them and they just accept it as they have read them just to create an account; I am one of them)

In my experience, that’s exactly what happens. It usually goes – friendly warning, slightly-less-friendly warning, temporary suspension, permanent ban.

With regard to the rules, I don't disagree that they could probably stand to be simplified and/or updated a bit, but at the same time, I’d wager that the members who can’t be bothered to read them in their current form would be no more likely to read an abridged version.

• 6 months later...

I keep going through threads and seeing posts where users have uploaded images to an image hosting site but the end up posting the wrong link. It bothers me because it creates a enormous mess in the thread when there are 5+ posts of text that is made up of links. I think you should get some kind of warning for this as it only adds unnecessary clutter.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

can we limit the amount of threads a new member can create, as well as a limit of posts per day until they can prove themselves capable of understanding the rules of this forum. It's so easy for new members to make mistakes and I find the younger members we are now attracting ie preteens post with wild abandon without any consideration for this forum and its members. it makes so much more work for the moderation staff. instead of merging a few threads and deleting some duplicate image posts, they are having to merge 20 new threads and 100 or more posts just from one member.

there are people creating threads for the same model over and over and no one is banning these people. I personally PM them and telling them search the models name before you post a new thread with a link to the models original thread. It's getting to a point where you either:

1 need more moderators OR

2. you need to restrict the amount of access to certain members until they learn and respect this forum.

I know you don't want to restrict people from posting but this place is filled with people who do not contribute anything to this forum. all the good members are moving away from this place and to the other one. people start threads for the sake of starting threads. this forum is changing and it needs to change with the times. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...