Bellazon

The Mandalorian

Enrico_sw

• 2 weeks later...

The second episode didn't do much to reverse the apparent lack of interest in creating meaningful story arcs. It's unfortunate because this really could be a legitimately good show if they spent more time developing the plot and characters. The ingredients are all there, it just needs that little bit of vision.

On 11/12/2020 at 1:31 PM, Michael* said:

Also, no more giant spiders in Star Wars please. Or ideally, anywhere else. :ph34r:

I kinda liked it. Sure the episode was a filler and not very useful plotwise, but the Alien vibes in this episode were pretty cool! And these vibes were perfectly blended in the Star Wars universe (to say "family friendly")

On 11/14/2020 at 3:43 PM, Stromboli1 said:

Too much Baby Yoda, episode style & direction, and short episode times hurt this show big time.

It's not perfect, but all in all, it's still really good. Let's focus on the positive:

- it feels like Star Wars, unlike all disney's Star Wars, except maybe for Jedi Fallen Order and Rogue One (sort of), which were good too.

- the universe/lore is good (creatures, planets, vibes)

- the story is a bit simple (with too much fillers), but it's going somewhere and it's consistent with itself

- Baby Yoda is good ;) and Manod is a great character too (even if the actor is a moron)

AND

- the soundtrack keeps getting better. It has its own "personality" and they kept the leitmotivs from last season, but they made it even better.

In any case, it's the best you will get, because Kathleen Kennedy has her dirty paw on everything else  :ninja:

On 11/15/2020 at 4:30 PM, Enrico_sw said:

It's not perfect, but all in all, it's still really good. Let's focus on the positive:

- it feels like Star Wars, unlike all disney's Star Wars, except maybe for Jedi Fallen Order and Rogue One (sort of), which were good too.

- the universe/lore is good (creatures, planets, vibes)

- the story is a bit simple (with too much fillers), but it's going somewhere and it's consistent with itself

- Baby Yoda is good ;) and Manod is a great character too (even if the actor is a moron)

AND

- the soundtrack keeps getting better. It has its own "personality" and they kept the leitmotivs from last season, but they made it even better.

In any case, it's the best you will get, because Kathleen Kennedy has her dirty paw on everything else  :ninja:

The show feels like a cartoon to me.

Kyle Katarn stole the Death Star plans, not the Rogue One movie.

I agree the show is very simple.

Baby Yoda sucks, just a cash cow for girls. :nicole:

The soundtrack is really good.

On 11/14/2020 at 2:43 PM, Stromboli1 said:

Too much Baby Yoda, episode style & direction, and short episode times hurt this show big time.

As much as episode length is neither a good nor bad thing in itself, I know for me the inconsistency of the running times has been a bit off-putting. Although it would have been much less of an issue had the season dropped all at once.

On 11/15/2020 at 10:23 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I kinda liked it. Sure the episode was a filler and not very useful plotwise, but the Alien vibes in this episode were pretty cool! And these vibes were perfectly blended in the Star Wars universe (to say "family friendly")

Yeah, not to say it doesn't work as entertaining, low-commitment viewing, I just think the show could be so much more than that. It doesn't necessarily need complicated plots or heavily serialised storytelling, it's really just crying out for better writing.

• 3 weeks later...

The latest episode was fantastic fun. I was never really sold on bringing back Boba, but this was genuinely good and it was nice to see the franchise's most overrated character (don't @ me :tongue:) actually get to do something cool.

I'm thrilled for Temeura Morrison who may have been the only actor to escape AOTC with dignity intact, getting to rejoin the Wars universe in a vehicle that isn't completely dire.

This one was kinda fine, but it felt like a bit of a waste to have such a disposable episode at this point in the season. They could have built some real momentum for the finale by super-sizing the Mando-Gideon confrontation instead.

Surprisingly good character work for Mayfeld though and the Imperial showdown was tense and well done.

7 hours ago, Michael* said:

Surprisingly good character work for Mayfeld though and the Imperial showdown was tense and well done.

It reminded me of some good old Tarentino vibes. Bill Burr is an excellent actor and he was very good in this episode!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sad this season is done, but happy with the ending. 

There were a few things I’d have liked to see been longer, like the showdown between Mando and Gideon. 

We do our best to stay spoiler free so we don’t figure things out beforehand. 

I’m happy to know that the often mentioned Boba Fett series is finally “here”.

And that Ming-na and Temuera are back as well. 

Even better is that Filoni, Favreau also have Rodriguez in the fold. 

My only caution is will they get burnt out by taking on more work.