Bellazon

Why do people hate Gisele Bundchen so much?

ninanina19

i definitely don't have anything against her, but if you see her in interviews, sometimes she appears a bit condescending or arragant. Watch an interview of her and then of someone like Petra Nemcova or Miranda Kerr. You'll see a huge difference in personality.

just my opinion...

this post was originally a big 'suck it' to mbinebri, but im not getting sucked into that shit, no thanks

sheyda, so it seems were in basic agreement, then... i understand this is a thread asking why you dont like gisele, but

i just simply question why it exists and why people are so happy to post neg. stuff to it.i mean, damn not even naomi gets this much play and she has a far more horrid personality.lol yet is still a great model

i would just dig a more positive vibe, thats all. and argentina4ever, i get what you mean, she is certainly divalicious.

but a great model, all the same :)

I guess it is kind of sad, but whenever you get famous there will always be lovers and haters and neither is afraid to go ahead and say what they think. That is why I think most celebrities who are always in the spotlight must be very strong, secure and have a great self-esteem to be where they are and I admire that. I don't think many average people can say they would be able to let all of those negative comments on their appearance and personality bounce off of them without any harm.

I think people are just happy to share their thoughts with other people, even when they are negative ones. I feel as if most people are more interested in negativity anyway. If you look in a newspaper you're not likely to read about how all the smiling little toddlers dressed up as strawberries and fairy princesses had a wonderful time at some Halloween festival... you're more likely to read about car accidents, thefts, murder, kidnapping. Most films, even if they have a happy ending, involve a long struggle to get there. Even when I go to places that are supposed to be about something positive, I find people focusing on the negative. I go to a forum about a singer and all I find are people putting down his or her number one rival. I go in one section for a model and here and there I find comments about that 'other model' never being as good as this one because of her ugly [insert facial feature/body part here]. *Shrugs* I don't know why it happens, but I see it everywhere.

I think people are just happy to share their thoughts with other people, even when they are negative ones. I feel as if most people are more interested in negativity anyway. If you look in a newspaper you're not likely to read about how all the smiling little toddlers dressed up as strawberries and fairy princesses had a wonderful time at some Halloween festival... you're more likely to read about car accidents, thefts, murder, kidnapping. Most films, even if they have a happy ending, involve a long struggle to get there. Even when I go to places that are supposed to be about something positive, I find people focusing on the negative. I go to a forum about a singer and all I find are people putting down his or her number one rival. I go in one section for a model and here and there I find comments about that 'other model' never being as good as this one because of her ugly [insert facial feature/body part here]. *Shrugs* I don't know why it happens, but I see it everywhere.

see I don't get that statement. ^ probably never will. I know everyone has their own tastes and stuff, but when I look at Gisele I cannot help to think how she is a beautiful woman. I have never once thought she looked manly... I just don't get that when I read people saying that. It almost shocks me. I love her face and don't see anything manly about it :blink: I grew up around everyone always comparing bone-structure and what not...lol so I guess to me it is an admirable trait to have and half of America spending thousands of dollars on cheek implants and chin implants everyday.

• 4 years later...

I've never much cared for Gisele, or the Brazilians generally. Gisele just looks too hawk-faced and scowly in her photos. That's just how I react to her personally; not trying to invalidate anyone else's reaction.

But it might also be because she's part of the next generation after the 90's girls, and it's just like rock music: if you like 60's rock the best, in your mind you often build up a rationalization that everything that came afterward is no good.