Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

I liked the Snow Angel one the least. I would have loved to see her in something edgy. That girl wears white all the time - give her some darkness! I looked at all the photos of all the girls and I completely understand why Candice is their top girl. She just stands out from the crowd. Her body is just as thin as the others and to be honest I've seen girls walk there with more interesting faces in terms of pretty, but I think what people love is that she has that old glam look down. She has the x factor that Adriana does with a completely opposite personality. She's not shockingly beautiful, but beautiful, and so freaking cute. Makes her less threatening in a sense. I'm rambling, but I just *got* why she's their number one. And why she will be for a very long time.

And you took the words out of my mouth about the red lips and cat eyes! I've said this sooo many times here. You can't go wrong with that, it is a timeless make up. Why keep the same old same for 15, 20 years? They make a small change here and there, but overall they always look the same. I wish VS would go a little crazier. Even with the performers. I was watching VSFS 2005 and 07 and there were so many surprises, so many craziness going on. Why are they shuting this crazy side down? If they take the risk to change make up in photoshoots, why not on the runway show? Well, I think it would be awesome to change a little bit. Cause 5 years from now, this might start getting boring...

Yeah, that's exactly right! They've been using the same recipe for years and, as much as it's a huge show (in terms of repercussion and media with all the famous performers and guests), it's gonna get boring eventually - the PINK section is always the same, they could be reusing some of the outfits from years ago and I'm not sure I would notice haha. At some point they'll have to focus more on the outfits and the models (after all, it's supposed to be a fashion show, not a pop concert with pretty girls on the back) than on the whole glamour thing. In my opinion, every year they design about 10% of the outfits very well (I totally agree with TexasLongHorn2013, I loved all outfits worn by Adriana), showing the products they wanna sell and actually flattering the models. The other 90% is mostly to pass the time - most of them are ok, but sometimes ​it goes incredibly wrong (Joan Smalls tiger outfit last year was absolutely hideous in my opinion). Finally, since the show is taped, not live, I'm sure they could find a way to change the make up a little bit or at least arrange some of the girls in certain segments where a red lip would fit all the outfits, for example. 

Ps. I also do think that they give the wrong outfits to the wrong models (a lot of girls who should be more covered up were wearing too little, while Candice should've worn just really revealing outfits - because she has the body that pulls everything off). It's not that I hate them (I actually love some of their work) and please don't take me wrong, but I don't think it's flattering to see either Karlie (her body is perfect for HF, not for lingerie) or Doutzen (waaaaaaay too toned up, I don't like seeing a six pack on a girl) wearing only two pieces.

I still would love to see VS doing something a little different in the future (red lipsticks or cat eyes, for example), even though I know that's very unlikely - still, they've got the resources and it would make it so much more interesting at times.  

I totally agree with you on that one! They should be doing something different for once

Ps. I also do think that they give the wrong outfits to the wrong models (a lot of girls who should be more covered up were wearing too little, while Candice should've worn just really revealing outfits - because she has the body that pulls everything off). It's not that I hate them (I actually love some of their work) and please don't take me wrong, but I don't think it's flattering to see either Karlie (her body is perfect for HF, not for lingerie) or Doutzen (waaaaaaay too toned up, I don't like seeing a six pack on a girl) wearing only two pieces.

Just a few points:

1. Although Candice reigned, she was totally mishandled as far as her other two outfits were concerned.  The shipwrecked outfit was elegantly beautiful, but elegantly beautiful is not necessarily what I to see from VS regarding Candice.  I want them to let her do what she does and stun us with her unreal beauty and sexiness.  The way to do that is revealing lingerie....period!!!!  That is what they did for Adri and she was stunning.

2. Disagree with you regarding both Karlie and Doutzen.  VS did Karlie a tremendous wrong.  Her outfits were among the very worst of the show.  However, that woman has an incredible body, with an ass and legs that go on forever.  

Doutzen's body is on par with Candice's, and she has the best ass among the Angels.  No knock on my sweet baby, but that is just fact.  I don't mind her toned because she is still very much all woman.  Its nothing like a female bodybuilder :yuckky:  

3. Candice is the unquestioned number 1, but some much needed competition is on the way in the form of Martha Hunt.  All signs point to her fast rise as precursor to being promoted to Angel status very, very soon.  With two Angels lost this year and Doutzen's contract coming up at the start of the new year, new blood is badly needed.

Martha is the best American model to come along quite some time.  Her VS debut was stunning and I can't wait to see her in action live, after Candice of course.  I think she will continue to rise quickly and challenge Candice, which is not a bad thing.  Candice has become VS in all but name and will oversaturate the brand.  People (not me) may get Candice burnout (too much of good thing).  VS needs another model who can sell.  This will make both models better and increase the brand.

Sorry for the analysis, but analyzing facts and making predictions is what I do.

Yeah they need another blonde/blue eyed angel... :whistle:

When the model has "It," she has it...period.  Don't ask me to describe what "It" is, but Martha has "It."  That thing that melts hearts and brings men to their knees.

You may disagree, which is entirely your right to do, but your facetiousness is certainly unappreciated  :mad:  :voodoo:  :clobber:  :beating:  

To be honest, VS has models of all types, shapes, and sizes.  Brunettes are just as represented as blondes.  To imply that one type is overrepresented is totally false.  Good day to you  :blah:

Yeah they need another blonde/blue eyed angel... :whistle:

When the model has "It," she has it...period.  Don't ask me to describe what "It" is, but Martha has "It."  That thing that melts hearts and brings men to their knees.

Ummmmm...there's more to being a Victoria's Secret Angel than that... but okay. Anywho, this is Candice's thread so why are we even discussing Martha?

But since we're on the topic... I personally thought she came off more slutty than sexy in the Holiday commercial for very sexy. And that does not scream VSA to anyone.

Just a few points:

1. Although Candice reigned, she was totally mishandled as far as her other two outfits were concerned.  The shipwrecked outfit was elegantly beautiful, but elegantly beautiful is not necessarily what I to see from VS regarding Candice.  I want them to let her do what she does and stun us with her unreal beauty and sexiness.  The way to do that is revealing lingerie....period!!!!  That is what they did for Adri and she was stunning.

2. Disagree with you regarding both Karlie and Doutzen.  VS did Karlie a tremendous wrong.  Her outfits were among the very worst of the show.  However, that woman has an incredible body, with an ass and legs that go on forever.  

Doutzen's body is on par with Candice's, and she has the best ass among the Angels.  No knock on my sweet baby, but that is just fact.  I don't mind her toned because she is still very much all woman.  Its nothing like a female bodybuilder :yuckky:  

3. Candice is the unquestioned number 1, but some much needed competition is on the way in the form of Martha Hunt.  All signs point to her fast rise as precursor to being promoted to Angel status very, very soon.  With two Angels lost this year and Doutzen's contract coming up at the start of the new year, new blood is badly needed.

Martha is the best American model to come along quite some time.  Her VS debut was stunning and I can't wait to see her in action live, after Candice of course.  I think she will continue to rise quickly and challenge Candice, which is not a bad thing.  Candice has become VS in all but name and will oversaturate the brand.  People (not me) may get Candice burnout (too much of good thing).  VS needs another model who can sell.  This will make both models better and increase the brand.

Sorry for the analysis, but analyzing facts and making predictions is what I do.

:yes: I could totally see Martha as an angel. She has that presence that the classic VS angels had and definitely embodies the VS image very well. And I actually can't think of a better competition for Candice at all, actually, so you're on point there.

However,

1. I like Candice a lot more than Martha

2. I would HATE VS if they didn't elevate Elsa Hosk to angel status because she's more gorgeous to me than Martha is (who is too). Elsa Hosk has a super large female fan-base (which is what marketing is directed at) and would be much better recieved than Martha would who is not even close to being as popular.

I have to agree with Avika. If Candice needs competition it needs to be a brunette. And I personally don't see anything special about Martha. She looks too much like Canidce to be put at the top with her. But in my opinion she's not as beautiful or sexy to sell like Candice.

I could just see how annoying it would be to have two blondes advertised everywhere. People would get burnt out on the both of them VERY quickly.

VS needs another Tyra or Niaomi. They need some color. If they just work with Lias, she could go far. She actually has breasts.

But back to Martha, have to disagree about her being the best American model in some time. That's Karlie Kloss if we're just being honest. I'm not even that much of a fan of hers.

I think we are approaching that time where VS is going to start pushing other models (they already have with Behati) as Adriana/Ale/Doutzen prepare to leave. Candice can't hold the company on her own. Hell, Gisele couldn't do that. They just need to choose who to push very very very wisely.