Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

They need more Angels that are of color.  This isn't trying to be politically correct, it's just being honest. 

Exactly. If they want more success they are going to NEED women of color because they make up a big chunk of their market. Women want to see women like them in advertisement ESPECIALLY in beauty ads.

TexasLongHorn2013, my opinion about Lily is strictly based on her personality and her walk on the runway. Nothing bad to say about her personality, it just doesnt say anything to me. But I personally dislike her walk :/ I can't see how Candice is gonna handle all that by herself after Adri and Ale até gone, since Behati and Lily are boring to me. Karlie is amazing on the runway, but... In HF runway, she means nothing to me on VSFS :/ Martha is hot, but even though she doesnt look like Candice, she is a blonde blue eyed girl. And se already have Lindsay, remember? My only VS model to be there with Candice would be Palvin. I admire Lais, but she is more of a sweet girl, like Candice can be. We need a sexy dark skin woman (since a redhead is almost impossible). Or maybe both, cause I see Candice still being an Angel even after the current ones (besides Adri and Ale) leave.

I would like to see a red-head for VS too. That'd be so cool. I would rather see an Asian angel first than a black one because THAT would be new and different. Or both :D!

And Elsa is who I want to become an angel. Barbara isn't a new option either :idk: so I don't know where you are going with that.

One day I hope to see a Native American angel *one day* :Angel: . I personally know GORGEOUS Native American girls the likes of which the world is unaware of. It is an American brand after all and you don't get more American than a Native American, you just don't :no: so don't even attempt to argue that point with me. REALLY.

TexasLongHorn2013, my opinion about Lily is strictly based on her personality and her walk on the runway. Nothing bad to say about her personality, it just doesnt say anything to me. But I personally dislike her walk :/ I can't see how Candice is gonna handle all that by herself after Adri and Ale até gone, since Behati and Lily are boring to me. Karlie is amazing on the runway, but... In HF runway, she means nothing to me on VSFS :/ Martha is hot, but even though she doesnt look like Candice, she is a blonde blue eyed girl. And se already have Lindsay, remember? My only VS model to be there with Candice would be Palvin. I admire Lais, but she is more of a sweet girl, like Candice can be. We need a sexy dark skin woman (since a redhead is almost impossible). Or maybe both, cause I see Candice still being an Angel even after the current ones (besides Adri and Ale) leave.

I agree with most of this; all I will say is that they need to select very wisely and they desperately need multiple angels of color. 

And TexasLongHorn2013, I wouldn't be so sure about them fast-tracking Martha. This story could play out the same way as Palvin's if they just decide they don't like her anymore...

I still don't get the whole blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl argument.  If Doutzen leaves early next, that will mean three slots are open (after losing Miranda and Erin this year).  Plenty of room for a blonde, a brunette, and a black model.  Or a blonde and two black models (better scenario for me).  Maybe its due to me being a guy that I am missing the point regarding the marketing of two top-tier blonde models?  Martha has "It" and I think VS knows it.

If you have been following Martha's career closely, as I have, and her recent work with VS, it seems pretty clear.  I could be wrong but I don't think so.  It was even capped off with a strong performance in the VSFS.  She even got wings her first time out.  Karlie was the last to do so I think.

Let me say again, as a black male, I really appreciate the desire to have more black models and other models of color added to the VS brand. No one is accusing them of racism, but women of color are a big percentage of their base.  I love Candice, Martha, Lily, and Doutzen, but long to see another Tyra Banks.

I would like to see a red-head for VS too. That'd be so cool. I would rather see an Asian angel first than a black one because THAT would be new and different. Or both :D!

And Elsa is who I want to become an angel. Barbara isn't a new option either :idk: so I don't know where you are going with that.

One day I hope to see a Native American angel *one day* :Angel: . I personally know GORGEOUS Native American girls the likes of which the world is unaware of. It is an American brand after all and you don't get more American than a Native American, you just don't :no: so don't even attempt to argue that point with me. REALLY.

I take it you are a Native American women?  Who are some Asian and Naive American models that VS can promote and elevate?  I just don't know any off the top of my head.

I agree with most of this; all I will say is that they need to select very wisely and they desperately need multiple angels of color. 

And TexasLongHorn2013, I wouldn't be so sure about them fast-tracking Martha. This story could play out the same way as Palvin's if they just decide they don't like her anymore...

I still don't get the whole blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl argument.  If Doutzen leaves early next, that will mean three slots are open (after losing Miranda and Erin this year).  Plenty of room for a blonde, a brunette, and a black model.  Or a blonde and two black models (better scenario for me).  Maybe its due to me being a guy that I am missing the point regarding the marketing of two top-tier blonde models?  Martha has "It" and I think VS knows it.

If you have been following Martha's career closely, as I have, and her recent work with VS, it seems pretty clear.  I could be wrong but I don't think so.  It was even capped off with a strong performance in the VSFS.  She even got wings her first time out.  Karlie was the last to do so I think.

Let me say again, as a black male, I really appreciate the desire to have more black models and other models of color added to the VS brand. No one is accusing them of racism, but women of color are a big percentage of their base.  I love Candice, Martha, Lily, and Doutzen, but long to see another Tyra Banks.

Barbara got wings her first time out. Didn't even have to do a live casting; she just sent a video. And we see where that went...but that was a different situation. Martha also gets an advantage for being American, which I think they like.

Anyway, y'all should probably turn the conversation back to Candice

I take it you are a Native American women?  Who are some Asian and Naive American models that VS can promote and elevate?  I just don't know any off the top of my head.

LOL, yes :D

Well, the Native American one would probably be much further into the future when they start signing more Native female models. There aren't many but there are some. However, there is NO excuse for not having an Asian angel because they have plenty of those. Some of the ones VS has used before are perfect: Ming Xi, Liu Wen, Sui He. I would probably say Ming Xi because Liu Wen and Sui He are incredibly high profile which is probably why they use them only in the runway shows. I would LOVE to see Fei Fei Sun in a runway show. There are DEFINITELY other Asian models, like handfuls of them but I can't think off the top of my head now.

It would be really cool if VS did something 'unforgettable' and different.. Watching this vid; I started to think How cool wouldn't it be if an angel actually flew down to the runway? (Just like 0:30 in the video) OR something else... Not that it would ever happen.. But I just think they should do something outstanding! That would really be something.  :Angel:

Btw; Candice is not in this video