Bellazon

Elsa Hosk
Thumbnail

killino

Such a cool girl:heart:

5 hours ago, *Luna* said:

I still find it very strange how she has more followers than Romee, yet Elsa's pictures get so little likes. It doesn't add up :p 

Romee's is very much like Taylor's, it follows a pattern. Elsa has some photos above 200k when Romee doesn't have any.

2 hours ago, gotportugal said:

Such a cool girl:heart:

Romee's is very much like Taylor's, it follows a pattern. Elsa has some photos above 200k when Romee doesn't have any.

Taylor has 6,7 million followers. Romee has 2,6 compared to Elsa's 3,2 yet Romee gets way more likes on her pictures? It doesn't make sense. 

16 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

Taylor has 6,7 million followers. Romee has 2,6 compared to Elsa's 3,2 yet Romee gets way more likes on her pictures? It doesn't make sense. 

And Lily A and Doutzen have nearly 5 million and both get less likes than Elsa. Like I've said before the last time you brought this up, they've been building their accounts and followings for a longer time and therefore a higher percentage of their following are fake or inactive accounts. :idk: I don't get why this is such an issue for you. It's the 2nd or 3rd time you've brought it up? 

Glad to see Elsa is shooting another day. :smile: Seems like she'll be a main focus of this campaign. 

10 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

And Lily A and Doutzen have nearly 5 million and both get less likes than Elsa. Like I've said before the last time you brought this up, they've been building their accounts and followings for a longer time and therefore a higher percentage of their following are fake or inactive accounts. :idk: I don't get why this is such an issue for you. It's the 2nd or 3rd time you've brought it up? 

Glad to see Elsa is shooting another day. :smile: Seems like she'll be a main focus of this campaign. 

It's really far from an issue lol, I seriously don't care that much if she gets 12.000 likes or 100.000 likes. I just wonder what the actual reason is behind all of it. I personally find it very hard to believe that it's just a matter of inactive accounts. Lots of things in here are brought up over and over again in this topic yet that never seems to bother anyone or be much of an issue. I noticed it again and commented on it, as far as I know there is nothing wrong with that. 

:idk: Maybe I'm just confused to why it intrigues you so much because to me, it's perfectly logical that their like ratios are they way that they are. Elsa has been building up her following basically since she started with Pink. Romee's career really didn't take off until 2014, so she's built up her following in a much shorter length of time. That means she's had less time to accumlate dead followers, spam accounts, or even just people who follow her but don't actively interact with her. And like Gotportugal mentioned, she tends to gain more followers daily than Elsa, which to me would naturally result in a higher percentage of people interacting with her. Ie) Elsa's like amount jumped shortly after the last VSFS, when she gained a large number of followers rapidly, because this new wave of followers are probably more actively interacting with her account. This pattern is true when you look at other models like Lily and Doutzen. They have a bigger following numerically than Elsa, but because they were also in the spotlight longer than her, they've had the same decline in active followings. In short, numerically Elsa has more followers than Romee, but has less followers that actually engage with her. Like I follow a good number of models that I tend to not like their pictures but still follow (like Lily and Martha etc).

And then a personal theory I have is that Romee's general following is younger than Elsa's(just based on their own ages and the content they post), and appeals to the whole "instafamous #goals" mindset that tends to draw more active instagram followings. Sorry if I came off rude. :flower: I just thought it was pretty straightforward but maybe just to me. 

Edit: I do think something has been screwy with IG's feed lately because I can't see how her lingerie pic only got 15K after 4 hours compared to her selfie that's at 75K after just an hour. Edit again: I just scrolled through my feed and that lingerie pic isn't in there. I can only see it if I go to her profile. 

that was a good explanation toodarnhot, I also agree with your second paragraph about Romee. if you're more appealing to a younger audience you seem to have a lot more active followers/ momentum. I think that has a lot to do with Taylor's success on sm. she is ~ultimate goals~ I guess