Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

12 hours ago, Jaku84 said:

Ok so from the pics and vids who are (1) the three new models that you liked, (2) three returning models who look good even from last year), (3) three that thanks but no thanks and (4) three models you missed from the last couple of years.

Liked: Yasmin, Willow and Saabah (one look but she looks GOOD)

Return: Shanina, Toni, Barbara

No thanks: Gigi, Alexina and Winnie (I actually think Kendall looks better than Gigi) (bonus: Devon)

Missed: Maria, Blanca, Leila 

1) Lo, Yasmine, and almost all the newbies, tbh.

2) Barbara P, Toni, Shanina.

(All returning triumphant after a few years away. I can come up with more returning models if needed.)

3) Winnie, Kendall.

(these are probably due to entitlement attitudes)

4) Doutzen, Maria B, The great expectation and excitement of watching the show. The cool factor is gone.

(And one who walked in 2010, in Pink, with green sweatsuit, and a pink dog bag- Fabiana Semprebom.

She was in the batch of Brazilians who popped up in VS around 2006/2007 for catalog and website work.)

Edited by CandleVixen
Thought of more to add to post.

Honestly i feel bad for whoever is the next angel. If they announce a new one, that girl will get A LOT of hate because we know that it isn't going to be a plus size model so the people will be really mad again. Or at least, they should wait a couple of months to do it, when people forget this drama. 

15 minutes ago, Elite13 said:

Does anyone think VS will announce a new Angel?

If not Grace, I could see them hiring Alexina. (Who happens to be 28 and married?! I had no idea.)

I would be happy if one of them got it there was rumours about Alexina becoming one last year because of her working with them but it was just to advertise their products

I honestly feel really angry about all this aura around this interview. It's not like Ed said something like "we hate trans woman, we would never cast them in the show". He said that they have a company, a company that tells a specific story and I don't see why they cannot have the right to do whatever the fuck they want with their brand as long as they don't damage others. I don't see women crying over the VS show, majority of the show's fans are women.

13 minutes ago, Amy rob said:

I would be happy if one of them got it there was rumours about Alexina becoming one last year because of her working with them but it was just to advertise their products

I don't see them promoting her to be an Angel. They might have her do some e-commerce shoots and walk the show but other than that probably not.

15 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

I honestly feel really angry about all this aura around this interview. It's not like Ed said something like "we hate trans woman, we would never cast them in the show". He said that they have a company, a company that tells a specific story and I don't see why they cannot have the right to do whatever the fuck they want with their brand as long as they don't damage others. I don't see women crying over the VS show, majority of the show's fans are women.

I think he wasn't very eloquent in what he said so it was confusing and people started twisting his words. Based on what I understood I think what he meant to say was he doesn't have anything against plus-size or trans models but he is not going to cast a plus-size or a trans model just because. Also, with the topic of sizes VS sells they want to keep it a certain range for brand purposes---not because they are against anyone who is above a certain size per se. I wouldn't be surprised it is b/c of his age that he misspoke. Someone as successful as he is knows better.

9 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I think he wasn't very eloquent in what he said so it was confusing and people started twisting his words. Based on what I understood I think what he meant to say was he doesn't have anything against plus-size or trans models but he is not going to cast a plus-size or a trans model just because. Also, with the topic of sizes VS sells they want to keep it a certain range for brand purposes---not because they are against anyone who is above a certain size per se. I wouldn't be surprised it is b/c of his age that he misspoke. Someone as successful as he is knows better.

I don't know, I feel like every other day VS has been accused of making people want to starve to be the fantasy girl, or that only the bodies of the angels are worth being called beautiful, which is something I don't feel to the very least, never haven't. So they're just using this interview to talk shit about it once again. :idk:

I was actually thinking about his “selling a fantasy” comment today, and mentally rolled my eyes at it again. You’re selling bra and panties. The show is an hour long commercial.  Just seems like bad business sense to “speak your mind” when you’re trying to sell a product to some of these women. 

Also...I’m prime VS demographic and I can say that very very few of my friends have any interest or respect for VS. Most of my friends don’t even watch the show- they’re more likely to be making fun of it.  They all love Rihanna’s Savage line,  and Adore Me and Aerie over VS, and sure, VS can keep selling this “fantasy” but it’s not going to make them money if they don’t adapt. :idk: 

The groups are pressuring Ed to include trans and large women in the company. Clearly they want to destroy the stereotype of '' perfect thin woman '' that VS contracts and promote different sizes and include oppressed sectors to make women feel more secure of their bodies, but right now you can not make a drastic movement without consequences. In other words, even if the world accepts different bodies and races, it will always be strange for them to see, for example, a XXL size on a famous catwalk and the jokes will continue to exist at least until a few more years have passed and people can already have a broader vision in this regard. Ed's problem is that he did not know how to direct his words adapting to the current movement. I think that it is necessary to change the image of Victoria's Secret executives, bringing a fresh mind that can handle this in an intelligent way and that does not harm the company even more. It is inevitable that with these comments from Ed, the prestige of VS will fall. lower.

8 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

I don't know, I feel like every other day VS has been accused of making people want to starve to be the fantasy girl, or that only the bodies of the angels are worth being called beautiful, which is something I don't feel to the very least, never haven't. So they're just using this interview to talk shit about it once again. :idk:

In the interview I remember him saying that they don't require models to be physically fit. The models are fit b/c they choose to and some of them are competitive. We know this is BS b/c VS has rejected models who didn't fit their body standards and that have suggested to models they should lose weight. However later in the interview he said something along lines of part of being a model is to be fit.  He contradicted himself a few times so it was confusing.

2 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I was actually thinking about his “selling a fantasy” comment today, and mentally rolled my eyes at it again. You’re selling bra and panties. The show is an hour long commercial.  Just seems like bad business sense to “speak your mind” when you’re trying to sell a product to some of these women. 

Also...I’m prime VS demographic and I can say that very very few of my friends have any interest or respect for VS. Most of my friends don’t even watch the show- they’re more likely to be making fun of it.  They all love Rihanna’s Savage line,  and Adore Me and Aerie over VS, and sure, VS can keep selling this “fantasy” but it’s not going to make them money if they don’t adapt. :idk: 

The "fantasy" thing was kinda strange and I understand why it didn't sit well with many. I agree, many other brands are more appealing and sell better bras than VS. 

18 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I feel everyone forgets that this is nothing more than an hour-long underwear commercial. The whole “fantasy” bs is... well, it’s bs. 

And completely agree, absolutely none of my friends shop at VS or give a fuck about the show. Even I don’t shop at VS anymore, as interested as I am in the show itself and what direction the brand is headed in. There’s just so many better options out there- ones that are both more cost-effective and that I’d be much happier supporting.

I literally had no idea Alexina is married. I kinda respect her more now for doing such a good job keeping her personal life so private. I've always felt like all the extra attention can't be good for a relationship