Bellazon

General Discussion

Clauds

3 minutes ago, VSfan88 said:

There's this on-rising attitude to believe that everyone needs to be represented but it only ends at an impasse. Diversity shouldn't mean everyone gets a free pass. I don't know what the point is to glamorize a skin condition. It's a disease. Who the hell wants that? This is not about representation. This is about society giving wayyyyy to much importance to physical appearance and the result is that so many people think that one's worth depends on one's physical appearance. What's beyond appauling is that instead of teaching young people that good looks don't automatically make you a better person, society desperately attempts to pretend that everyone is beautiful, so everyone can feel worthy. Duh!

DING DING DING.

This is why i have such a hard time with SI casting plus size models nowadays. Just because there's a lot of fat people out there, it doesn't mean we should normalize it and act like it's totally cool. I feel for Winnie, my brother has the same skin condition and it sucks, it really does. Winnie has done from little to nothing to create conscious about it so that irks me. Meanwhile Martha is out there speaking about her scoliosis all the time, Bella is always commenting on her Lyme's and the list goes on. I would appreciate Winnie if it wasn't because i think she's full of shit.

I'm honestly soooooooooo excited for this years show. The performers and the lineup are amazing.

I wish Elsa could have 3 outfits. Last year she had 2 and both were a mess cause of the very bizarre SO and then the one where the models had to walk together.... disaster.

I want to see pics from her at the HQ today wth. 

side note: I'm so glad (almost) everyone here likes Elsa as much as I do lmao.

The camera and editing departments better not pull a 2015 split screen situation or 2017 panning out / focusing on anything but the models. What a mess. Really ruins everything.

This is how the camera, editing and runway should be. THX.

15 minutes ago, VSfan88 said:

Love the list on page 1 with the model line-up and it reads Kendull Jenner. That's genius! 🤣

I will never not call her Kendull, sorry but it is what it is :rofl:

25 minutes ago, VSfan88 said:

There's this on-rising attitude to believe that everyone needs to be represented but it only ends at an impasse. Diversity shouldn't mean everyone gets a free pass. I don't know what the point is to glamorize a skin condition. It's a disease. Who the hell wants that? This is not about representation. This is about society giving wayyyyy to much importance to physical appearance and the result is that so many people think that one's worth depends on one's physical appearance. What's beyond appauling is that instead of teaching young people that good looks don't automatically make you a better person, society desperately attempts to pretend that everyone is beautiful, so everyone can feel worthy. Duh!

amen, sister. merit is earned. do not make merit appear out of thin air just bc it will earn you social brownie points

10 minutes ago, VSBODY said:

Just in case the VS team is reading this. This is how the camera, editing and runway should be. THX.

UGH THIS SEGMENT WAS EVERYTHING. Simple yet so beautiful, the music, the asmotphere, the edit. 

We really need something like this. 

I agree with you, I am very excited for this show too because the line up is a win. The music guests are good, they may not be A list celebrities but they are perfectly fine so the show is about the models and the lingerie not about them. We could be fine without Rita but I am willing to forget about her. Shawn and the Struts are there to save the day. 

6 hours ago, elacunza said:

in terms of enthusiasm Romee is getting the FB :D

Yes she looks radiant! And I love her smile, it seems so real 😍

7 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

Calling it now guys. The Chainsmokers, Shaun Mendes and The Struts are probably going to get some featurette in between segments with them talking about how they're so excited to perform alongside the girls, how they think the standards of beauty have changed according to time, bla bla bla. And Shaun Mendes + Andrew Taggart to get a lot of cam time because they're absolutely cuties to die for.

#ShaunBae and #AndrewBae y'all :rofl: 

I always drooled over Andrew and he looks even more sexy as he ages

6 hours ago, phenobarbie said:

The whole #representationmatters bothers me. It shouldn’t be about representation it should be about being the best fit for the position. It’s similar to how AP classes are now about representation where it should be about grades and drive not what ethnic group or economical place you’re coming from. But hey. Welcome to 2018, #metoo and where everyone is a victim and there are varying degrees of victim hood. 

This is very controversial but I completely agree with you

5 hours ago, Freak said:

Bella is skinny yes but of course her ribs will look like that with that pose... Her body looks amazing in motion 

wow her body looks great here, and super healthy

1 hour ago, llekel said:

Karolina's body. Perfect hip to waist ratio. Her legs have just enough definition and she actually has calf muscles. 

I put her into that Angel category with Tyra and Heidi only because of the era of the show. Few girls walking now would truly fit in on that runway. Allesandra and Candice happen to be two of them. 

*Tyra an Heidi were not the most bombshell models, but they were Tyra and Heidi...  Iconic

KK is my favorite walker and one of my favorite models so I'm a bit biased, to me she is a VS angel just like Alessandra (my favorite one)

16 minutes ago, VSBODY said:

I'm honestly soooooooooo excited for this years show. The performers and the lineup are amazing.

I wish Elsa could have 3 outfits. Last year she had 2 and both were a mess cause of the very bizarre SO and then the one where the models had to walk together.... disaster.

I want to see pics from her at the HQ today wth. 

side note: I'm so glad (almost) everyone here likes Elsa as much as I do lmao.

The camera and editing departments better not pull a 2015 split screen situation or 2017 panning out / focusing on anything but the models. What a mess. Really ruins everything.

This is how the camera, editing and runway should be. THX.

Yes!! You are so right, they want to show performers 24/7 so this is a perfect example on how to show models and performers at the same time, + we can see their walk

Sorry for replying older posts

Also.. Has Jourdana P. or Alanna A. had their fittings? I'm really excited for them and hoping for 2 outfits ❤️

I'm glad Liu is in, I was rooting for Maria but ok..  

Edit: huge loool at the candle jenner 🤣 @Beatriz Abreu

Edited by starss

3 hours ago, Kevork89 said:

I have to disagree here. Especially on Alessandra. I think she worked hard enough at VS and for long enough to be apart of this group. She was a major influence and is actually a known supermodel. When you think about it Karolina was there at the perfect time but her actual career as an Angel wasn’t super impressive. They used her better prior to her actually being an Angel. Candice out of the group she started in is the only one left and still going strong. She like Adriana was made by VS. I think she belongs in this group.

Behati hasn’t officially left yet... <clutches at straws>

12 minutes ago, BehatiPrincess said:

Behati hasn’t officially left yet... <clutches at straws>

Key words: going strong not just going.:rofl:

Rn I'm just hoping for the best outfits for my faves and by faves I mean Candice and Elsa (and Adriana if she shows up).