Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

6 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

Not that I am a Milo fan or anything but the way some people deal with him is quite hypocritical and uncalled for :ninja:

Well no one really forced him to defend pedophilia during a public interview. So whatever grief has come his way has to be deemed largely a self-inflicted wound.

To be honest, he seems to be mostly a provocateur who says outrageous things to get attention and then monetize that attention. In that regard, he is not unlike people in the Katie Hopkins or Piers Morgan category.

3 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Well no one really forced him to defend pedophilia during a public interview. So whatever grief has come his way has to be deemed largely a self-inflicted wound.

To be honest, he seems to be mostly a provocateur who says outrageous things to get attention and then monetize that attention. In that regard, he is not unlike people in the Katie Hopkins or Piers Morgan category.

I agree based on karma. You do or say shitty things, chances are shitty things will happen to you. Just logic. However I was not referring to that in my original post :smile: 

And your last point pretty much sums it up. Everyone is feeding into his agenda. Ok, I better stop now before I get shit on for defending him :rofl: 

Also, to be clear not condoning pedophilia :no: 

31 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

beautiful Christy, 

Maybe you mean "clean-cut".  I've never heard of anybody use clean in that way outside of Tanya82 :flower:

Me French, me not using proper words in English.

Me trying.

On 5/29/2017 at 11:18 AM, elfstone said:

What good is all that military might when their enemies can seriously hurt them by imposing economic sanctions? :idk:

Military power by itself is a poor guaranteer of political stabliity. Otherwise Gorbachev wouldnt have dissolved the Soviet Union

I'm not sure as to what you're getting at.  The Russian security state is large (also historically) partially because it's the biggest country in the world and has massive borders.  Also, there are internal opponents to Moscow as Russia is multi-cultural.

Russia has political corruption similar to what poli sci academia call the "resource curse".  I would say that Texas has historically had similar issues as well.

Interesting ...

>> https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/30/world/europe/emmanuel-macron-france.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

In an interview two years ago, Mr. Macron made a statement about France’s absent king that is still the subject of shocked commentary. “In the process and function of democracy there is something missing, the figure of the king, whose death, I believe, fundamentally, the people did not want,” Mr. Macron told the weekly newspaper Le 1, saying it “created an emotional void.”

In France, no politician outside the circle of fringe far-right royalists is supposed to talk about missing the king. That form of nostalgia is taboo for anybody who professes attachment to Republican values.

Yet the view encapsulates both his regal view of power — offset somewhat by the slight youthful figure he presents — and his love of paradox, combining the concepts of monarchy and democracy.

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:06 PM, PinkCouture said:

And your last point pretty much sums it up. Everyone is feeding into his agenda. Ok, I better stop now before I get shit on for defending him :rofl: 

That's the way it usually goes with shouty empty vessels and fake provocateurs. They become junkies for the outrage their statements cause and most addictions, when left unchecked, will escalate into a point of self-destruction. With that in mind, the tactic of "keep them talking until they say something really, really stupid" is mostly a safe bet.

Until that happens though, being no-platformed is quite often what they thrive on, because none of them are especially articulate or particularly bright. It serves their narrative without the prospect of being subjected to real critical scrutiny.

On 5/31/2017 at 7:19 AM, Cult Icon said:

I'm not sure as to what you're getting at.  The Russian security state is large (also historically) partially because it's the biggest country in the world and has massive borders.  Also, there are internal opponents to Moscow as Russia is multi-cultural.

Russia has political corruption similar to what poli sci academia call the "resource curse".  I would say that Texas has historically had similar issues as well.

By that comment I did not intend to offer any sweeping appraisal of Russian society/polity. Instead I was only pointing out the one  shortcoming that has prevented Russia from attaining global power status :idk: 

5 hours ago, elfstone said:

By that comment I did not intend to offer any sweeping appraisal of Russian society/polity. Instead I was only pointing out the one  shortcoming that has prevented Russia from attaining global power status :idk: 

The power of the Soviet Union was centered around their armed forces and forced industrialization by Soviet communists during Stalin's reign.  This stimulated economic activity and before WW2, lead to fast economic growth.  During the 1930s, with the Great Depression and 25% unemployment crippling the US, some far left in the US even admired the Soviet model and used it as examples in their political rhetoric.  This was when the Soviet Union was insular and not prone to much in international trade.  (and thus not vulnerable to sanctions by foreign nations)

I suspect that the rejection of consumerist culture that remains in modern Russia properly come from themselves, and not from any one factor.   Not all people want to frame their lives in the western capitalistic manner.  

CNN Creates #FakeNews in London Following Terror Attacks, Stages Anti-ISIS Muslim Protesters

A video released a day after the Islamic terror attacks in London show a CNN crew staging a scene with Muslims holding signs saying “ISIS Will Lose”.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/06/shock-video-cnn-creates-fakenews-london-following-terror-attacks-stages-anti-isis-muslim-protesters/

13 minutes ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

But seriously, what kind of people can think these "news" are real, Donald Trump ? :D 

BTW, when West intellectuals say we should cut ties with "states" like Quatar etc ... it's horrible fascist words. 

And when some Arab States like Egypts and Saudi Arabia does the same today, it's awesome ...

Overal it's a good news, but the fact is that these same states are targeting Iran in backgroud, the whole movement supported by the new US admistration, well it's actually a bad news. That world is decidely complicated. 

Hey USA, are you ready to host the World Cup 2022 ? :p 

9 minutes ago, jj3 said:

Hey USA, are you ready to host the World Cup 2022 ? :p 

Back to back hosting champs. :chicken:

Qatar should've never been chosen in the first place, but we all know what happened. I can't believe the European football federations signed off on it in the first place with their domestic leagues schedule being heavily disrupted.

Give it to England or Australia.