Bellazon

The Political Correctness Haters' Club

Sarah.Adams

4 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

So very polarizing public figures who might face real threats to their physical integrity should not get any protection out of principle?

Of course, they have the right to get protection. I didn't say otherwise :DanniCullen: 

The point is that poor people also have the right to get protection. That's a fundamental right in democracies.

4 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Between what happened on January 6th, the endless vilification of them on right-wing media and the amount of crazies out there with guns, not to have some sort of protection in place would be idiotic.

Between what happened during the looting, burning and pillaging (ahem, I mean "peaceful protests") since last year, the endless vilification of police by left-wing media and the amount of crazy antifas with their molotov cocktails, not having police protection for the people would be idiotic (and cruel)

:ninja:

9 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I mean, I'm not in favor of "abolish the police", so not sure what you are trying to argue exactly.

I'm not arguing against you. I'm arguing against those politicians who want to defund the police. And I just want to point out their hypocrisy.

9 minutes ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

I just think if you are Ilhan Omar, AOC, ... and you don't have some form of protection, you are being reckless.

Yes, I didn't say otherwise. They deserve protection. The fact that I agree or disagree with them does not change that fact. Every one deserves protection.

Animal cruelty against an endangered species (I don't think it will change anything anyway, the animals don't understand meaningless social engineering concepts and penguins are not the species with the biggest sexual dimorphism)

Anyway, it's just the regressive progressives being at it again...:ninja:

5 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Oscars broadcast being historically low might also be due to no one going to the movies in over a year. :)

And it's been dropping steadily for years now.

Those arguments are mutually exclusive. You can't have a “steady drop” and a punctual phenomenon this year. ;)

(BTW, it's not that steady, but the general trend is clearly downward)

Oscars2.thumb.JPG.1c40cbea7cb681ffaa568b8291113c01.JPG

The truth is that they get woker, so people leave. And they're full of hypocrisy. Hollywood loved Weinstein when he was powerful. Then, they punished their viewers for Hollywood's mistakes. They fail, we get punished.

Anyway, I like the selective bias in the media... Every time their Woke cult fails, they consider every hypothesis except the ones that would prove their ideology is failing. :Amelie_wft:

Just now, Enrico_sw said:

Anyway, I like the selective bias in the media... Every time their Woke cult fails, they consider every hypothesis except the ones that would prove their ideology is failing. :Amelie_wft:

Historians have highlighted this type of behaviour in totalitarian regimes (like USSR, Khmer rouges, CCP, etc.). When hardships become clear to everyone, the gurus always say: “we failed because we weren't extreme enough... let's be more extreme next time”. It's a vicious circle. :/

9 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

Those arguments are mutually exclusive. You can't have a “steady drop” and a punctual phenomenon this year. ;)

(BTW, it's not that steady, but the general trend is clearly downward)

Oscars2.thumb.JPG.1c40cbea7cb681ffaa568b8291113c01.JPG

The truth is that they get woker, so people leave. And they're full of hypocrisy. Hollywood loved Weinstein when he was powerful. Then, they punished their viewers for Hollywood's mistakes. They fail, we get punished.

*shrugs* In general young people seem to care less about the Oscars and other awards shows like it. It's not even about their political preference.

Zoomers just DGAF about that stuff, broadly speaking.

In general I think the Oscars are in the same boat as SISE.

Whilst some of their decline might be due to the people currently in charge of them, it was also somewhat inevitable with how the times and culture had changed.

So I doubt very much SISE can ever attain the culture significance it once had again, even with a new creative team in charge.

Likewise, whatever tone the Oscars employ "woke" or not, they are never going to enthuse current young generations for a stuffy old awards show.

It is what it is, you aren't going to make Zoomers sit down for 3 hours to watch a show that was pretty boring even in its heyday.