Bellazon

General Discussion

Neo52285

Not that the people who deal with the emails on VS.com really pay attention, but I sent VS this email:

Thank you so much for putting Katja Shchekina and Doutzen Kroes (again for Doutzen) in the show this year! They are both amazing! I'm a bit disappointed with Jessica Stam as she looks TOO skinny.

I saw something on TV about Adriana Lima being on a diet...I really hope you guys (VS) didn't suggest she go on a diet. She looks AMAZING the way she is! They all need to gain some weight, especially Stam, Alessandra, and Izabel.

Please don't make Adriana skinnier! She looks so gorgeous the way she is! And please make all your models gain some weight. Afterall, women are the sexier gender BECAUSE OF their hips and other curves. The fashion industry is messed up when it comes to what is beautiful...it's a man's industry, but the models are women so let's embrace their curves.

Thank you VERY much for reading and thank you for the show! I look forward to watching it again this year. Yay for Adriana, Katja, Karolina, and Doutzen!

Sincerely,

Jaclyn

Oh PiscesNJN you are a magical fairy that was put on this earth to rid the world of wrong body images that were projected through the media. i wuv youuuu :wub: I also see that you werent the only one who picked up on the "i think they told her to lose some weight" idea. I posted something a while back but i didnt think anyone got it or agreed with me because no one really responded. I do think they may have thought that she was "fat" (which of course she isnt!) and were trying to camoflauge it. I would also like to congratulate you on being able to get your EDUCATED opinion across without being rude or swearing. I dont know who Katja is (sorry if that is completly disgraceful) so could someone post a pic of her because if you like her i think i will :blush: thanks

PS: i like your name!! my name sucks! my parents are a bunch of hippies... <_<

I thought she looked heavier.... *shouldn't even be here so runs off before the rabid fans eat her alive*

Not in a bad way, but she does look 'fuller' than last year. I'm not a fan of hers but i do recognize the fact that she gorgeous, and I cant help but notice she didn't look as good this year than she did last year. Her hair, her skin tone... I liked her last year, didn't this year.

Just my opinion.

Yeah, you can tell she has gained weight... but I don't mind. I think she still looks amazing. She has the perfect womanly body to me, curves in the right areas... not too thin. I wish I looked like her! I liked her last year better though, just because I prefer her hair darker and she had better outfits. BUT she looked amazing this year as well and she's still my favorite. =]

In my opinion, the fact that she's gained weight isn't bad she just doesn't look as good as she did before. Im not saying that gaining weight is bad, but on her it just doesn't look good. Her face is very round and as soon as she gains a wee bit you can tell. Her body also looks weird. Her hips seemed so narrow compared to last year, I found that so strange. I don't even know what to say. She looked good but I think she could have looked better... much better.

But then again, this is coming from someone that doesn't like her all that much. Fans think their models are perfect no matter what so i can understand why everybody gets defensive, but i'd like everybody to know that I don't mean to bash Adri at all. I was just expressing my opinion on how she looked.

It's okay. :) You can give your opinion and you didn't offend me. :) I'm not a big Ana or Ale fan and I do state that sometimes. :)

Thanks LimaIsLove on all your compliments to me. :) Katja Shchekina is on the forum...here is a pic from the VS show (I think she resembles a younger Adri, kinda like a cousin or something even though they are totally different in heritage):

post-3730-0-1445991359-85163_thumb.jpg

post-3730-0-1445991359-85893_thumb.jpg

post-3730-0-1445991359-86601_thumb.jpg

I saw something on TV about Adriana Lima being on a diet...I really hope you guys (VS) didn't suggest she go on a diet.

I think she might have gone on a diet for "herself" rather than Victoria's Secret suggesting it. The reason I think that is because Tyra has commented that as her weight fluctuated over the years, the VS execs never once told her to lose weight or go on a diet. Here's a quote from that NY Post article from before the show:

Victoria's Secret cannot use a regular fashion model, or "the skinny girls, like the trend has been in runway shows," says Mitro. "We need voluptuous. Ninety-five percent of our customers are women, so they want to see real women."

Lima is one of those girls. Out of the 27 models in the show, the Brazilian bombshell is one of the few stars - along with Bundchen - who has a contract with Victoria's Secret.

That's why I'm lean towards her weight probably not being much of a problem for VS. It's really only once a year that it "matters" because they obviously have no problem airbrushing when it comes to the catalogues.

Either way, I'm in agreement with you on the rest of your post. Her weight seems fine to me. Her butt looked fantastic.

Well, I think that Katja and Adriana are not looka-likes. It is just tha hair and the form of the eyes I think that is the same. Katja's nose is different, her face is not so round, her lips are different... I don't know.Its my opinion.

P.S. Katja is gorgeous too ;)

well.....out of all of the VS girls (passive or present) i'd say tyra was the one who represented all girls. she was voluptuous and not terribly over board on one side or the other. gisele and adriana have very nice slim bodies....and yes adriana is gaining weight...but think about it, that new york posts read that lima and bundchen are the girls who represent all girls becuase they are voluptuous. okay, in my book, they are not even really close to being voluptuous, they are thin slender, even when/if they gain weight, they still look very thin. i dont think that's how most girls look. i dont see anyone running around looking like lima or bundchen. that's crazy, there's only a few, very few that have a body like that. it will never be the same without tyra, she was definitly the true VS girl. definitly VS material. i'm not a huge fan of tyra, but there was something about the woman that i always did love and will miss, now that she's not in the modeling buisness anymore.

Well thank you for all the comments. I think Katja is beautiful but i dont see much similarity between her and Adri (maybe a teeny bit in the first pic) but still like her...she is very beautiful...I think she looks a tad like this other girl...I cant remember her name! Brooke something...:) I think Adri;s body looks reallllllllllllly great right now. Look at her legs! The are no longer chicken legs! I never thought that would happen andI really wish they didnt have that big purple bow on her butt in that crowwing outfit from thsi years show because Im sure her butt looks...*chooses words carefully*...very very very good in those cut panties. Baby go back! *dances* :p :laugh:

PS: Does anyone know whether or not Cintia Dicker was in this years show? I heard some rumors

My guess is that it is NOT Adriana's real Myspace account. In every interview where the subject has come up Adriana has only stated a strong desire for children in the future. Despite her supermodel lifestyle, Adriana is at heart a family oriented type girl.